[Jack Scribe] Five To One by Jack Scribe

Great story, Jack. I was surprised to find that five to one was Ollie's workday, not the odds on a horse. Of course, that was not the big deception. What a surprise...unique!

Unique...but not impossible, MikeL. In fact, I embellished on events that occurred somewhere in this world to a friend. :ph34r:

And the question is: who is he deceiving? Maybe himself?

True, the ending caught me by surprise. Hmmm...I wonder just how many women would put up with that if they "knew"? sad.gif

Come to think of it, a lot of women know, they just pretend it isn't happening. blink.gif

Come to think of it, a lot of women know, they just pretend it isn't happening. blink.gif

Intimate relationships between gay/bi men and women certainly isn't my strong suit. :wacko: I have many older gay friends who are dads and grandads. Some married because it was something you did a generation or so ago. Others weren't aware of their sexuality until after marriage.

In most cases, my gay male pals continue to be friends with their ex-wifes and are close with their children/grandchildren. One active author at GA has kept his family and relationship intact...with the wife being aware of his sexual orientation.

Here's one of the strangest situations: my friend Bill (who has since passed away) met his first boyfriend through his oldest son - who was 15 at the time and straight - when the two boys went out together on a double-date. Dad was the driver; a pretty common experience for teens who don't drive except for the end result. To say that the wife was pissed at Bill is an understatement. After the divorce, Bill and the boy were together for six or seven years. Bill put him through college.