Once Told By You by Johnathan Colourfield

How thought provoking. You really have to pay attention to all the clues to get what is going on, but once you do, it really makes you think, about how you define yourself. Are you you by your definition, or are you you by someone else's definition?

Loved the story, Good job.

Linxe

Read the first paragraph, and thought, "Uh, huh." Read the second one and wondered, "Huh?" Read the next and thought, "No way!" Reached the end, and said, "Wow!"

A great story. The concept is clever; the writing is descriptive yet compact, with no wasted words; the touch of irony is, well, delicious.

• Site Administrator

I love John's writing, it is rarely the simple storytelling type; I always have to slow down and really read it to find out what he is meaning, not just saying. I have to agree with Linxe's statement, this is another story that provokes thought on personal perceptions and acceptance. How sometimes it just takes that one person to make YOU believe what everyone else does! Thanks for the great read John!

I must admit, at first I found the pink and blue annoying... until I realized the meaning of it and loved it. Very nice. Well done and I love how the bottom paragraph was grey when they became themselves again.

• Site Administrator

Well after my eyes adapted to the contrasting colours, I caught on to what you were trying to say specool.gif . It does make you wonder how much time we waste in our lives trying to live up to other peoples standards than what is really in our hearts.

Great job Johnathan, I really enjoyed the story.

Steve cool.gif

Short but to the point. What a way to do the narrative! That was excellent John!

Since my kids were knee high I've been reiterating to them to be themselves and not who others wanted them to be... It worked out perfectly!