[Lugh] It Was A Monday by Lugh

• Site Administrator

That darn big bad government! So high handed and taking advantage of a typical disregard for our seeming inability to read the terms and conditions. Honestly, how many people do that very often? I have to admit I don't, eek! Maybe after this I will be more diligent! Puck sounds hot, his alien playmates even more so...A great story! And "the end, maybe" LOL, typical Lugh!!

• Like 1

He can't end it there. It would just, simply, be inappropriate. I loved how everyone, the schools included, were deceived into thinking that getting a test score on their test was a good thing and they all thought that 'they passed' the test, when in reality, they were epic failures.

It makes a person wonder how the education system got so badly screwed over that they themselves didn't even know the majority of these students were failing.

FAIL!

Okay, enough rambling. Now that the prologue is up, you can get started on chapter 1 ;)

LT

You know what I think about this story. I love it to bits. I think you are an awesome writer and it's a shame we don't see more of you.

This story is enchanting from the first page. The government screwing kids and creaming off the most intelligent without even warning then what their intelligence is going to get them... kidnapped and held vitrual prisoner for at least five years. Yeah okay...he didn't read the small print but what if he had... would it really have made a difference if he had read it?

The whole interplanterary set up sounds interesting and I find lilac aliens sooooo hot.

More soon please

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator

I hate to say this but another great story Lugh specool.gif .

It amazes me that you have the imagination to come up with such depth of characters and environment to write stories like these. You incorporated something as simple as the license agreement that we all ignore and click accept on to alter someones life on a test, permanently.

I could see you rewriting this as a screenplay and making huge dough off of Hollywood just based on the premise of deception in such disclaimers.

I'm not 100% sure, but was the 3 day pass Puck's first time away in the five years and was this also his first time engaging in sex? If it is, once again hits close to home in our reality.

Great job and I'm Neph, we don't see enough of your great writing!!!

Take a bowworshippy.gif ,

Steve

• Like 1

Enjoyed the story very much, Lugh. I'm not big on sci-fi, but this one was great...not too implausible. The part about the government contract was all too believable. But we already know who the big deceivers are. The story fits the theme perfectly.

• Like 1

The end. Maybe.

Now, you do know that we want more. Well, at least, I want more. Lol. One of the reasons I enjoy reading your stories is the world you create. Each of them is so unique and original. And this one is no exception. It was a great story with a great setting.

Take care,

Ieshwar

• Like 1

ok fine, I give.

I have a trio of betas that I adore(Cia, Paya, & Nephy) and an editor(Tiger) that is working well -- thanks guys! And I plan on giving them a workout (giggles).

There is more.

Honest. I have about 40,000 words more in a rough draft state. I'm finishing up the first draft now and starting the edit. It was my nano story, you know the one I was the fraction over in chat for the month of Novemeber. Snerks. I'm really nervous about it because of some of the subject matter, though, although the betas don't seem to think anything is wrong with it.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

Of course we don't. I have loved the journey reading what your characters are going through. I think you are quite discreet when called for and any scenes that are risque for one reason or the other are integral to the story. I can't wait to see the first draft in a cohesive whole. I have to agree with leshwar, your stories are unique and intriguing, each and every one that I have read. I am glad that you decided to continue with Monday...or whatever it will be called wink.gif

• Like 1

Of course we don't. I have loved the journey reading what your characters are going through. I think you are quite discreet when called for and any scenes that are risque for one reason or the other are integral to the story. I can't wait to see the first draft in a cohesive whole. I have to agree with leshwar, your stories are unique and intriguing, each and every one that I have read. I am glad that you decided to continue with Monday...or whatever it will be called wink.gif

What she said :)

• Like 1

Really amazing story Lugh! It was both vivid and amazing in so many ways!

I hope you do write more to it because while it does leave a definite ending, it makes me crave for so much more!

Great submission Lugh, now off to read more of your stuff :D

• Like 1
:) just read this, i really like how you developed your character, i actually liked him, i was amused at how he just goes along with everything and would seem very laid back but inside is a mass of confusion and panic at times of high stress but he doesn't show it. I am intrigued by the alien storyline and wnat to find out more :D i'm gla dyou have said you have writtne more as i don't want this to end as i want to find out more
  • Like 1

Hmmm

Great read, The alian sound very atractive, it wasn't just a grotesque thing, it was stimilizing being.

It had a depth to it that was very enjoyable, thank you for posting it!!

Edited by Myval
  • Like 1
  • 1 month later...

creepy, lugh. the beginning seemed to be a love story waiting to happen and then the end punched me in the face. i really want to hear the rest of the story, both the details left to my imagination and the future ... any hope?

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • Site Administrator

Saw an interesting article in the paper today: 7500 people sign over their Souls

Read a version of the same article.

Guess it shows what happens when we don't read the terms ang agreements :D

• Like 1