All I Wanted by Marco Polo

• Site Administrator

I received this story a couple of months ago. It was thus a shock to learn that Marco Polo passed away soon afterwards. I'd like to thank his brother for allowing the story to be posted in the anthology.

The story itself is one of mixed emotions. Reece, the narrator, allowed himself to be fooled into thinking someone who was friendly was more than friendly. Very human, and it was also very human for him to take it so hard. He said he would never again consider himself worth anything, and lashed out at the person who he felt had offended him.

I feel sorry for Reece, but I think he read too much into Lachlan's actions. I'll admit that I was with him with his hopes, but Lachlan was just a really nice person. It does, however, highlight how difficult it can be to tell the difference between attraction and friendliness.

I hope Reece hasn't ruined a possible friendship with Lachlan because he didn't get what he wanted. I suspect Lachlan will get over it fairly soon, but I'm not as sure about Reece.

Thanks, Marco Polo, for a very thoughtful story :)

I received this story a couple of months ago. It was thus a shock to learn that Marco Polo passed away soon afterwards. I'd like to thank his brother for allowing the story to be posted in the anthology.

The story itself is one of mixed emotions. Reece, the narrator, allowed himself to be fooled into thinking someone who was friendly was more than friendly. Very human, and it was also very human for him to take it so hard. He said he would never again consider himself worth anything, and lashed out at the person who he felt had offended him.

I feel sorry for Reece, but I think he read too much into Lachlan's actions. I'll admit that I was with him with his hopes, but Lachlan was just a really nice person. It does, however, highlight how difficult it can be to tell the difference between attraction and friendliness.

I hope Reece hasn't ruined a possible friendship with Lachlan because he didn't get what he wanted. I suspect Lachlan will get over it fairly soon, but I'm not as sure about Reece.

Thanks, Marco Polo, for a very thoughtful story smile.gif

I proof read this a long time ago and I loved it from the start. It was something different from the rest of the stuff. He was really excited about it. I was really honoured to share that excitement and I am glad it's seen the light of day.

As a story I think it is just so colourful. There are so many little touches... of colour, of humour, of humanity. The characters are very real and the dialogue flows and is more than natural.

Awesome.

Thanks Graeme. I'm proud to have people read his work. Thanks for letting that happen. I've read it and I enjoyed it, sadly I can't really say much about it. What I can say is, that this was very real to me, the characters I felt like I would be able to find them in real life.

Thanks again.

It was beautiful, very beautiful. Perhaps it was the words. Or the sadness in the story. Or the average heart-broken main character and his simplicity. But I loved the story. Thank you for letting me read it.

Take care,

Ieshwar