[Cia] The Lord's Sacrifice by Cia

• Site Administrator

The Lord's Sacrifice by Cia

Tarenna has a rich history, one of vast technological achievements and yet the natives now live in the wilds of the swamps. The leaders of the Trialedes must take action when invaders take over and try to find an ancient artifact, one that could spell the doom of the entire galaxy.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

That was an interesting story. Some of us humans have a penchant for cruelty, destruction, and domination. It looks like the human invaders of this world were no different. They attacked the natives who decided to end their reign of terror once and for all. I really liked the story. Good one, Cia!

A very sad yet very wonderful story Cia. It was very nice, I had thought before that there was more to Teranna then met the eye, this story confirms it and if possible makes me look forward even more to the rest of Price of Honor.

• Site Administrator

I really enjoyed this story Cia, thanks so much for sharing specool.gif .

I have to say the first thing that came to mind at the end was I wanted sooo much more. In the short span of the story you captivated me with your characters who you developed and made me want to more about them. The love between the two brothers seemed to be symbolic of the love between and shared among the whole race.

After the merging of the three at the artifact, are the three still alive and part of the artifact, or are the dead? I guess that wasn't too clear to me.

Hopefully we see more of this futuristic story soon.

Thanks again,

Steve

• Site Administrator

Thank you Tiger. Sometimes the bid for power or control is all that rules people. There is a reason why the Lords of the Trialedes had to protect Tarenna and the artifact, one beyond simple revenge on the invaders. But that is to come in Honor :D

Thank you Owl. There is hope, there always is. I very much wanted to have a chapter or story that showed the Lords coming into being, this was my way. You will find out much more about the Lords in chapters to come.

You know Rush, I didn't think of a specific generational gap between the Lords and Bel'lel and the Tarenna that Bel'loc now loves. The time has been long enough for the origin and the names of the Lords to become wreathed in legend and the true nature of the artifact forgotten by the Trialedes, if not greedy outworlders. A few hundred years? A thousand? As long as it takes for the oral tradition to become cemented I guess.

I'm so glad you liked this bit of Tarenna's history, Wildone. I didn't fully explain how the Lords exist simply because while this was a prequel to my story, The Price of Honor, it still ties into what I am currently writing. There will be more explanations about the artifact, the Lords and what exactly happened post this story in later chapters, yet unwritten. If you want to read more about the planet and the people try my story, it is about 2/3rds done.

Thanks so much everyone for commenting! I also have to say thanks to Lugh, Nephy and Bugeye. They all helped me by listening, reading and editing this story for me.

The photograph really brought Terenna to life. This was such a sad yet beautiful story. I love the way that it feeds into the Price of Honour but yet stands compeltely as a story on its own. You are as masterful as ever.

I haven't read "Price of Honor", so I can say absolutely; this stands as it's own story perfectly.

Cia, you painted a complex world and situation very clearly (hard to do in a short story) and made it compelling. Well done. :)