[David McLeod] The Story of Joe by David McLeod

I guess Joe is staying put in that 'Nowhere Town'. I gather that Tony found his match, the person who he can relate to, be honest to and give his all to... Sweet Story David!!!

Thanks for sharing with us hun.

I don't know why you needed me to give you the confidence to post it. It's a truly awesome story. It is not the usual run of the mill stuff and it is so delicately and precisely told. I absolutely loved it. And I still do.

I think that the two characters balance each other perfectly. Joe is jaded tired and sad. Tony is idealistinc and bright. I think Joe gives Tony some depth and Tony gives Joe some lightness. They are so great together.

Thank you, all, for your thoughts and kind words. The late Robert Heinlein wrote "The Story of Job" about a preacher who made his way through several worlds as a dishwasher. I'll give him credit for the initial inspiration. Joe and Tony are two very special people; I, too, am happy that they found one another.

I'm happy to have found this web site, and to have found so many wonderful people, as well.

• Site Administrator

I really liked The Story of Joe, though in the end we seem to know more about Tony than Joe. He really does bare his soul when he speaks about what he wants from life, how he views himself and how he feels about the reaction of others to those qualities. Joe has to be a pretty special person for Tony to feel that instant connection to enough to share all of that. Sometimes people just connect like they did and it's always pretty special. I have a feeling that jaded Joe will find a much better side of life in the time to come. Wonderful job David!!

I have to say I felt like I hit the twilight zone - when Joe seem destine to be in this town of nowhere. hehe Tony was intense and Joe falling in love - then the next hit of the twilight zone - like he's crazy - to finally catching up with him.

I hope Tony mellows out a bit. I hope they will be together. Lots of hopes.

...I'm glad you submitted your story. I truly enjoyed it smile.gif

Thank you, Dolores. It's always good to hear from you.

...in the end we seem to know more about Tony than Joe...I have a feeling that jaded Joe will find a much better side of life in the time to come.

Good point! Thank you. Of course, you're right. It's really the story of Tony. He and Joe will continue as minor characters in "Pilots," which is being beta-read by Nephylim, now.

...I felt like I hit the twilight zone - when Joe [was] in this town of nowhere....I hope Tony mellows out a bit. I hope they will be together. Lots of hopes.

This town from nowhere has a lot more going on than appears in this story. Some of what happens is rather dark; a lot of what happens is brighter.

Good point! Thank you. Of course, you're right. It's really the story of Tony. He and Joe will continue as minor characters in "Pilots," which is being beta-read by Nephylim, now.

This town from nowhere has a lot more going on than appears in this story. Some of what happens is rather dark; a lot of what happens is brighter.

Is it the same story where the guys from Stupid are playing? This was sooo nice :) and I'm sucker for happy endings...

Is it the same story where the guys from Stupid are playing?

I checked the other stories you have in e-fiction but I'm not that much into fantasy... so I have to wait for this one smile.gif I'm really looking forward to that story! Actually I can't wait! biggrin.gif

Yes, actually. "The Story of Joe" is a chapter in a 35,000-word story, "Pilots," in which Tony and Joe, Toby and Gary play additional roles. It's being beta-read by Nephylim as we speak, and should be posted soon.

...I like Tony, he's got the sincere hyper-active thing going for him. its was a good read.

Thank you! Tony's one of the good guys who has the fortitude to make the best of any situation, despite his occasional bouts of self doubt. I like him, too.

Great story! I LOVED the ending.

Sam, Thanks for your thoughts. The story...with an added line (which I hope doesn't disappoint you)...has been posted as a chapter in "Pilots" in the eFiction section. Please give it a try, and let me know what you think.

• 1 year later...