The Right Answer by Ieshwar

• Site Administrator

I enjoyed this story the first time I read it and even more the 2nd time :D. Aslan is quite a complex character and this story shoves a lot of complexity and thought into one short page. Your last anthology delved into the brain of a conflicted character as well, the way you do so in a fictional tale is aboslutely wonderful. Great job!

• Site Administrator

Ieshwar has a talent with writing endearing little tales and fables. This is another excellent example. :) What I especially loved was the concept that questions are alive, and they'll hassle you until you either scare them off, or you answer them. Hmm... there's a great deal of truth in that....

Another beautifully written story of yours. The descriptions are vivid. I could imagine every tree and pebble. I could 'hear' the silence and I could see the 'words on tiny feet'. I'm happy Aslan decided to embrace life, which is not easy often. A very good story again. I loved the message smile.gif

I enjoyed this story the first time I read it and even more the 2nd time . Aslan is quite a complex character and this story shoves a lot of complexity and thought into one short page. Your last anthology delved into the brain of a conflicted character as well, the way you do so in a fictional tale is aboslutely wonderful. Great job!

Thank you, Cia. And I really appreciated your input for both stories. Without your (and Sharon

Yesterday, I discussed the local schools' "summer reading list" with a high schooler. When we came to Kafka, I said that everyone should read "The Trial" and "Metamorphosis," but that that was enough Kafka for any normal human being. On the other hand, from his diaries, the observation, "A first sign of the beginning of understanding is the wish to die" could have been a postscript to "The Right Answer." The first scene immediately brought Kafka to my mind; later scenes reinforced that thought. The story was, however, unique and original, and fresh. "Feet on words" (I assume they were metric feet) was clever and well integrated into the story rather than merely a gimmick. Wonderful!