The Book of Aerta by Kanaye

• Site Administrator

I'll admit that I had the advantage of not only seeing the story early, as the anthology coordinator, but also being asked to comment on an earlier version of the story. Even so, this story quickly took me back to Aerta -- a place that a lot of readers of the earlier anthology story wanted to see more of.

How human and how typical it was for Prince Kial to make decisions for both himself and Brett, without asking his partner. I know I've done that myself, though hopefully I've learnt my lesson :P I think almost everyone goes through that at some stage.

And the question at the end regarding Seer Vantor was particular poignant. What is the balance point between quality and quantity -- in life and love, or just in general?

Thanks, Kanaye :wub: I loved the return to Aerta and the new story.

I loved that story. I loved the comment about Romulus and... the woman... nice play on Shakespeare. I loved the fact that the story turned out to be one that someone else was reading. It was awesome.

Thank you guys! Im glad you liked it! I was hoping people thought it was as good as the first.

Im gunna try to write a few more set in Aerta, but I will have to wait for my Muse. He isnt very cooperative sometimes and she likes to leave me hanging. *shakes head*

• 2 weeks later...

The story-in-story was nicely done; the denouement not only provided closure, but also brought forward the poignancy of the result of the relationship. The conundrum: a long life or a glorious one; a long life or a happy one. It doesn't have to be that way, but it sure makes a great story.