This is a story about CYAN.

This is the old dark blue of colour printing which is now the new screen (HMTL) light blue. Red is not part of Cyan.

The story is of dark blue turning to light blue avoiding the Red. a lucky break

maybe I am a bit heavy on the symbolism, just enjoy this good story

• Site Administrator

This is a story about CYAN.

This is the old dark blue of colour printing which is now the new screen (HMTL) light blue. Red is not part of Cyan.

The story is of dark blue turning to light blue avoiding the Red. a lucky break

maybe I am a bit heavy on the symbolism, just enjoy this good story

Damn you! :angry: Where were you when I was doing the formatting for the story. You're absolutely right -- I should have use a cyan-based color for the story...

Seriously, though, I initially thought that the ending felt out of place with the general tone of the rest, but then I realised that that tone was that tone of the person who was completely relaxed because they'd made an important decision and they therefore didn't need to worry about other things.

Even the part where he helped his sister and Blake fits into that idea -- a little bit of final tidying up before he moves on.

I'm glad he's had to change his plans :)

Thanks, B1ue! A thoughtful tale. :great:

Great Story!

It didn't come to my mind that he would kill himself until the end. After reading so many space alien stories I was picturing him as some sort of young Dr. Frankenstine creating new mutant beings.

Great Story!

It didn't come to my mind that he would kill himself until the end. After reading so many space alien stories I was picturing him as some sort of young Dr. Frankenstine creating new mutant beings.

Thank you for saying so. I actually did try to be subtle about it, since I (erroneously, as it turned out) thought that many people would be doing stories about suicidal individuals, and figured I didn't need to be direct about so sensitive a topic.

To everyone else that has left a comment, I wanted to also say thanks for reading, and that I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing "Lucky."

Red, it never occurred to me either that a Cyan or Blue background would be appropriate, so you can't pin Graeme with the blame. Perhaps because in the comic this story is based on, the character is hardly ever called Cyan, mostly Cy or Cyanide. But I winced every time I typed out Cyanide, so Cyan was an appropriate enough compromise.

Thank you for saying so. I actually did try to be subtle about it, since I (erroneously, as it turned out) thought that many people would be doing stories about suicidal individuals, and figured I didn't need to be direct about so sensitive a topic.

To everyone else that has left a comment, I wanted to also say thanks for reading, and that I hoped you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing "Lucky."

Red, it never occurred to me either that a Cyan or Blue background would be appropriate, so you can't pin Graeme with the blame. Perhaps because in the comic this story is based on, the character is hardly ever called Cyan, mostly Cy or Cyanide. But I winced every time I typed out Cyanide, so Cyan was an appropriate enough compromise.

Damn you! :angry: Where were you when I was doing the formatting for the story. You're absolutely right -- I should have use a cyan-based color for the story...

B1ue and Graeme it was not a critism of you. It is just that deep or dark blue is a term for depression, light blue is a joyous state and red is the symbol of poison and cyanide in particlular. After reading the story twice and the author name the relationship was twigged, and I would have had the background starting with dark green-blue{near printer cyan) which gradually turned to light green-blue which is the modern display blue, with a red bottle/fask at beginning. However this is not easily done [if not impossible]. Therefore I did not expect to see this. I do not believed that Graeme took my comment seriously :angry: , and I apologise if I stretched your story with my imagination.

and I did love your story.

:blink: Red (full of cyanide) :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

LOL -- no, I didn't take your comment seriously. I was just annoyed at myself for missing such an obvious formatting option :P But I can be dense at times. After all, I completely missed the implications of a character named Cyanide considering suicide. :D