Carbon Based!? by James Savik

Ok that was great, i mean it was odd, but it was great. I've often wondering if something like that could actually be taking place...I'm not sure how much i belive in Alien life but like they said, stranger things have happened. Good work James.

• Site Administrator
If they can’t get along with each other, what do you suppose would happen if they met the Shindarans or, Maker-forbid, the Taurons.

When I read this in the story, it reminded my of the Star Trek episode (original series) where the crew of the Enterprise encountered a planet with two 'races' -- one with a white left side of their face and a black right side, and the other being a mirror image. It pointed out quite well the irrational nature of racism, and James's story pointed out that we've got a long way to go before we're ready to meet truly alien species.

Thanks, James! :2thumbs: I enjoyed the story when I first read it, and I enjoyed formatted it to get, hopefully, the right effect.

Edited by Graeme

This is a little gem. What has impressed me most is the craft that has gone into the story. Little things like the tone of the conversation, the choice of courier for the conversation (although I hate THAT font, it gives the impression of a formal report) The Arial type font shines re-enforcing the song. The choice of Hendrix, who no-body could believe was a prohet. The choice of white on black.

All this enchances a beautiful concise story.