Point of View by Jfalkon

• Site Administrator

Point of View by Jfalkon

Having a loved on die is never easy. Chris had a hard time coping with the death of his favorite artist while the outside world seemed oblivious to his misery.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

• Site Administrator

I'll confess that I'm probably missing a lot of meaning in that dream sequence. I can guess that the chocolate turning to blood is symbolic of how our luxuries are often the result of someone else's pain, and in this particular case, how Chris's pleasure in Jerry's paintings were a result of Jerry's blood, sweat and tears. The blood coming from Chris's own wrist could be because he had been cut off from being able to get to know Jerry.

The canoes was easier -- others were leaving the mourning for Jerry faster than Chris, and he couldn't keep up. He was still mourning while others were moving on.

I'm sure there are a lot of other possible interpretations -- I tend to be very literal with my reading and don't often try to perceive meanings behind the actual words written.

Thanks, Jfalkon! :great:

This is barely two pages long. But what it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in quality in clubs. The dream sequence is the heart of the matter and I think it will mean different things to different people, My interpretaion is (I believe) is unique to me, and I think the strory is beautiful.

Read it yourself with an open mind, and see what you think?

I didn't read as much into it as Graeme did. What I did was reading the dream sequence over and over again. What I got was the feeling of despair and helplessness.:worship:

I do like the story much. Short yet powerful. Very tight combination of scenes. Very elaborated and detailed too. Tis good!

JFalkon. This is the second story of yours I've read and I've already fallen in love with your work,

I'm kinda confused as to what happened in the story. He hadn't slept for days because he was afraid of dreaming yet the inevitable dream came near the end. What did it mean that he knew what would happen (not only what the dream represented but more why he was afraid of the dream to come)?

I found lots of implications in the story. Some about Chris but most about his painter/friend. A gifted but maybe very troubled artist who found life disturbing and had perhaps thought of suicide as his only answer. Who thought maybe people didn't understand him or his work or his life and fled his horrible truth. He lived out of this world kinda. And the irony is he lost both worlds to the unexpected. And like many artists he was mourned after the fact and maybe his work lived on. Kind of a haunting.

I liked this... hope you don't mind me going on about it.

Sam.

Thanks everyone!

This story was actualy inspired by the number of celebrity deaths last summer. It may be that I just paid more attention for whatever reason but it seamed like a disproportionate number of famous people died in summer of '09. I remember at one point it became a sort of morbid joke. I would walk in the door after work and ask my parents who had died this time. At the same time it was very sad to see people I admired disapear for ever.

The dream in the story was my way of showing the spectrum of emotions that can go through a person's mind after the loss of someone they care about. There are pleasant memmories but they are tainted with pain. I have seen people go from laughing at a memmory to crying over the realization that there will be no more fun memmories in an instant. There can also be a sense of lonlines. It can seem like the world is moving forward and you are stuck in the past.

The reason for the character's fear of sleeping was just the dread of having a terrible nightmare. It may not be the case with everyone but at least for me the nightmares I have can be much more disturbing than real life. For example I once had a dream that the body of a loved one had to be stored in my home. It kept moving and twitching from the medicine that was administered in an effort to revive the person.

The dream in the story was my way of showing the spectrum of emotions that can go through a person's mind after the loss of someone they care about. There are pleasant memmories but they are tainted with pain. I have seen people go from laughing at a memmory to crying over the realization that there will be no more fun memmories in an instant. There can also be a sense of lonlines. It can seem like the world is moving forward and you are stuck in the past.

The reason for the character's fear of sleeping was just the dread of having a terrible nightmare. It may not be the case with everyone but at least for me the nightmares I have can be much more disturbing than real life. For example I once had a dream that the body of a loved one had to be stored in my home. It kept moving and twitching from the medicine that was administered in an effort to revive the person.

See, I love it when authors actually answer questions about the story's meaning haha. At least now, I won't have to walk away and wonder what the heck happened. :P

Thank you for answering my question and I see that the reason behind the fear nightmares are rooted from something personal to you. I do hope that those kinds of dreams are few and far apart for you. I certainly have had my share of dead love ones in dreams and they are never, ever something I desire to happen or ever see again.