Outcasts by NightOwl

• Site Administrator

Outcasts by NightOwl

When the laws you have sworn to uphold go against everything you belive in you become an Outcast, a Throwaway. Can an outcast ever truely find a new home, a new people. Ask Merek Tiberius.

:nuke: :nuke: Spoilers Below!!! :nuke: :nuke:

Wonderful story with lots of charm. I completely enjoyed reading it. It's what we all hope for. A place to belong, a home. A life to share. The protection and goodwill we all need. And a heart to love.

Night Owl a pleasant story, nicely writen well wotrth reading

Hey Red_A, I am glad you like the story. thanks for stopping in and giving me your thoughts, they are vastly appreciated.

Wonderful story with lots of charm. I completely enjoyed reading it. It's what we all hope for. A place to belong, a home. A life to share. The protection and goodwill we all need. And a heart to love.

Hey Bugeye, thanks for coming in. I'm glad you liked the story. II was really iffy on posting it but I am glad that it's coming out good. I wrote it with the concept of belonging and family in mind.

thanks for stopping in guys.

Best,

NightOwl

• Site Administrator

Creating a world is not an easy thing to do, because there is a great temptation to dump huge amounts of background information onto the reader, which tends to bore them to tears. But this story manages to avoid that problem :) Information, like the great Division, and some of the laws and customs, were dropped into the story at the appropriate times.

My favourite in the story is Demara. I fell in love with her when she uttered the following:

Creating a world is not an easy thing to do, because there is a great temptation to dump huge amounts of background information onto the reader, which tends to bore them to tears. But this story manages to avoid that problem :) Information, like the great Division, and some of the laws and customs, were dropped into the story at the appropriate times.

My favourite in the story is Demara. I fell in love with her when she uttered the following:

:D

The ease with which Duka collected goods for Merek, and the offers of gifts told me a lot about how generous the Alvar were, but I could also tell that they had a tendency to hold grudges (at least some of them did). They are certainly not simple folk :)

I'm sure there are a lot of other stories of the Alvar to come :) Thanks, Nightowl! :2thumbs:

Hello Graeme, I am glad you stopped by.

I am glad that you liked the level of backround detail. I wanted to give enough history to explain the current climate of Alvar/Human society without giving a full break down.

Demara, i loved her too, I think I might have had my Grandma in mind when I wrote her, she has something of a prickly disposition too.

I wanted to kind of dispell the misconceptions that Merek had been raised with concerning the Alvar and I thought it would be good to use the collections as a subtle way of doing it. The gifts, while they helped with that, also were more to show that some of the Alvar didn't believe the propaganda about Humans being lieing, decietful mongrels . The Alvar, usually being very family oriented, tend to pass down grudges and prejudice through the generations. It takes a lot to break the cycle

I've actually be thinking of a few Alvar Universe Stories, a few I can't mention cause they sort of tie to Outcasts but I've thought about going back and explaining the Great Division.

Thanks again for dropping Graeme.

Best,

NightOwl

Hey Altmexis,

I am really glad you liked the story and that you think so highly of it, I truely appreciate it. It was my first attempt at fantasy that has actually paid off, all my others failed spectacularly.