"Trick or Treat?" By Graeme

Wow, Graeme, that was fanatastic! I was guessing that It was a prank, and thoguht Nick was in on it, right up until the security camera part at the end! Wow!

That last line "Somehow, Cole, that doesn

Great job Graeme :2thumbs:

What a great ending. I would have never guessed :) I was captivated till the very end, loved it :D

I too thought it was just a prank right until Nick told him. Great story Graeme.

Definately creepy! It's a little disturbing to think back on it when Nick's boyfriend says 'your soul is mine'. Heh if I knew I had my ghost lover coming to visit, and he uttered those words, I don't know if I'd be elated or leaving a brown stain in my pants.

I tore through the story like a poor boy with a hundred dollar bill in a candy store, and finished it just as happy.

Great story Graeme... as always!

• Site Administrator
awww...how romantic and sad...I felt so bad for Nick, but I feel happy knowing that he gets to see his boyfriend five times a year :wub::wub::wub: ...also, it was good that Peter got kicked in the head. He needs a swift kick in the ass if you ask me :angry:

LOL -- you couldn't have known that I actually considered having Brett do that while Peter was crawling around under the console. If you like, Brett thought about it but decided it wouldn't have been wise. Fun to think about, though....

LOL -- you couldn't have known that I actually considered having Brett do that while Peter was crawling around under the console. If you like, Brett thought about it but decided it wouldn't have been wise. Fun to think about, though....

That would have RULED!!! :ph34r: :ranger: :pickaxe: :music:

Thanks, everyone!

Someone emailed me to comment that they had never met a ghost with computer skills before. My view is that any modern ghost would know about computers, which introduces some interesting possibilities. The old saying about a "ghost in the machine" takes on a whole new perspective!

A good point, Kevin. Personally, I'd say it's making things worse. He doesn't have a real relationship (he's single) but he won't/can't date either, as he has a boyfriend.

Thanks, C James!

:lol: It was Halloween. I thought ghost stories were almost mandatory!

Actually, that wasn't the boyfriend. That was Peter's midnight entertainment surprise. A computer generated disembodied head, an inhuman voice, and then darkness followed by the bungee cord spiders to scare everyone as they felt something land on them just after that statement.

Cheer!

Graeme :D

You're good people Graeme. You always leave me wanting more.

Take care of you.

• Site Moderator

Excellent story, Graeme.

It didn't take me very long to figure out that the Phantom was the one who look control of the system. But I didn't know it was the boyfriend until the end.

Nick should have know that his boyfriend would have found him no matter where he was.

Jan

It sort of raises the question of whether or not Nick is lucky to be able to see his departed boyfriend five times a year or if it actually makes it worse by preventing him from moving on! What do you guys think?
I'll go with the majority: It's worse for Nick than if his dead boyfriend would just stay dead.

Nick should have know that his boyfriend would have found him no matter where he was.
The romantic in me hopes that, now that Nick has outed himself, he will find someone to displace "The Phantom", who will then stay dead and let Nick move on. To put it another way, 'till now, Nick continued to grieve, and the Phantom accommodated him from the grave as often as he was able, and maybe that will stop now.
I'll go with the majority: It's worse for Nick than if his dead boyfriend would just stay dead.

The romantic in me hopes that, now that Nick has outed himself, he will find someone to displace "The Phantom", who will then stay dead and let Nick move on. To put it another way, 'till now, Nick continued to grieve, and the Phantom accommodated him from the grave as often as he was able, and maybe that will stop now.

I see your point, but I have a slightly different take. To me, Nick is in a sort of long-distance relationship with his boyfriend: He gets to see him five times a year, which is as much as some real-world LD relationships manage.

If Nick does meet someone, that someone might have an interesting time of it when the jealous Boyfriend shows up for a visit.