"The Masquerade" by Julien Gregg

The Masquerade by Julien Gregg

Julien Gregg's Fall Anthology story

***Possible Spoilers***

Great story! I really didn't see the ending coming! I mean I guess I should have since I knew how much Alex liked Darry, but I was thinking if anything he'd end up with Paul or something. WOW, I was just so surprised when Darry said:

"I stood by and watched you fall for Barry when I was falling for you the whole time."

totally unexpected!

It was a really great story too! Darry seemed like such a cool friend! LOL, I was thinking Alex was being a bit over-dramatic, but I guess it all worked out for the best.

It was so cute that they ended up wearing costumes from the same obscure comic.

I did feel really badly for poor Alex with the way his former friends and parents treated him :(

I'm glad Darry's parents were there for him. Anyway great job, Julien, I really liked the last line too:

"Maybe we'll be late to the party,"

-Kevin

Edited by Kitty

I thought Darry was setting Alex up with Paul, and that was the whole reason for getting Alex back to Storeyville. When Darry confessed his feelings, I was bowled over! TOTALLY unexpected!

Thanks for a great story, with a delightful ending!!

• Site Administrator
I thought Darry was setting Alex up with Paul, and that was the whole reason for getting Alex back to Storeyville. When Darry confessed his feelings, I was bowled over! TOTALLY unexpected!

Ditto!

I'd still like to know why Paul wanted to see Alex, but that's not really that imporant.

Well done!

Me too, I wonder if Paul just wanted to apologize.

Great anthology peice Julien.

Definately didn't see that coming. I can't imagine why he didn't say something when they were younger, but I suppose Darry wasn't sure of himself in his younger years.

The image of two caped super heros trudging off to bed was interesting too!

I love a happy ending and really enjoyed your story Julien. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...