[Viv] "All I Wanted" by Viv

All I Wanted by Viv

Viv's Fall Anthology story

***Possible Spoilers***

Great story!

I thought it was so cool how Taylor had secretly been admiring Blake all along but thought that Blake was oblivious about him when really Blake was interested too!

All the little details were just great too! The way that Max always makes someone carry him home from trick or treating; the way that Taylor was so over-organized sorting the candy; the way he was upset about his mom and Blake "secretly" knowing each other; it was just great!

I really liked the way Taylor took care of Blake too; that was really sweet! :wub: It was so funny how Blake made Taylor dig the keys out of his pocket! It was also really nice how Taylor was so careful not to take advantage of the situation or Blake in any way. LOL, especially since Blake probably kinda wanted him too. :lol:

I also really liked how it ended without a huge discussion or a lot of explanation anything, just with Blake confessing:

Edited by Kitty
  • Like 1

I love this story, it's one of those I love you hate you then love you again kind of stories.

Vivian, you've proven yourself once again to have found your calling at GA. I'm glad you are here to share your stories and I'm glad I'm here to enjoy them with you.

All the best and I'll be talking to you. The title is perfect by the way,

This was so sweet! Really a very happy story, though during the part I wasn't thinking it would have a happy ending.

I very much liked the part about their Mom's knowing each other. The way Blake acted when drunk (one out of the party) was quite endearing, and Tailor's candy-sorting really gave him personality.

I really loved it, and I agree with Kevin; The ending was just right.

Thank you ViV! :2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs::2thumbs:

Hi Viv,

This is really a cute story. The interaction between Taylor and Max was cute in the middle of the story. The ending was something that I didn't think about too much as there wasn't a lot of clues along the way. It had a lot of personality.

But I was hooked from the beginning of the story and it was overall really cute.

Krista

VIV. That was beautiful. I started reading these anthologies at 5am this morning, and it is 7:45pm. I can honestly tell you I'm VERY glad I didn't stop reading and your story was a fabulous way to end my evening of reading.

It was tender and familiar. The anxiety they feel at each turn that threatens their reality speeds across the screen and into my heart. It's like I'm feeling it with them.

It was great Viv. I hope to read more in the future.

Take care!

Viv,

in 'Days of Silence' you created a couple of very memorable characters with Justin and Lucas. Now with Taylor and Blake you've gone and done it again! :2thumbs:

As sweet a story as could be. Thank you muchly.

Camy B)

What can I say about this one...... hmm...... I'm extremely proud of you!

Seriouslly sweetie it's an excelent story. You had me hooked from the start :D

I'm a little sad though... It seems my work here is done, you're all grown up now.. writing all by yourself... you didn't need me at all on this one :( *sob*

hehe

Love ya

Davey

This is a great story Viv. :2thumbs:

What I like about Viv's stories is that the details are........ so...... VIVid.............I just had to do that. :devil: You do tell a story very well Viv.

Blakes Gaydar must have been on 11, since they only go up to 10. The way he came back to the house and asked Taylor to the party, how he was concerned about how Taylor felt when they got to the party, and how he took a big chance later in Taylors bed. It was almost like he suspected that they could hook up, if he had the guts, but instead he tried to find some in a beer bottle. I understand why he got blasted, even though it was a shitty thing to do, just to try to take some of the pressure off........Been there many times.

Taylor had every right to be mad at Blake, he really put Taylor through the wringer, like leaving him with the octopussy, and all those people he didn't know. Getting all trashed and leaving Taylor to save his ass.

Those two looking into each others eyes, and the kiss.........HOT. :wub:

I loved the ending.

Great job Viv. :D

Edited by ex52tech

I smiled most of the way through this story, because it is sweet, but mostly from the humor evident here and there throughout. As any jokester knows, the gentle humor of everyday life is perishable: a little bias here, a little sloppiness there, and poof, a dud. Bill Cosby can do it, Jerry Seinfeld can do it, but the typical hack is better off telling bathroom jokes, indestructible as commercial tomatoes.

My point is that accuracy, a perfect pitch, lets the humor shine through this story. The plot line, the scene, the characters, the dialog, they all fit so well together. When ex52tech says

What I like about Viv's stories is that the details are........ so...... VIVid
we might be saying the same thing: vivid, in focus, precise, in tune.

I absolutely loved this story! :) It was perfect. I really loved the party through Taylor's eyes. Viv, I can always feel from inside your characters. You know them so well, which sounds strange since you are writing them so you SHOULD know them. But you don't just know them, you KNOW them. And when you write them, anyone reading them knows them, as well. Wonderful story. Made me feel like purring.

Viv, I can always feel from inside your characters. You know them so well, which sounds strange since you are writing them so you SHOULD know them. But you don't just know them, you KNOW them. And when you write them, anyone reading them knows them, as well.
Yup. That's what I mean by accurate and fitting. :P
Yup. That's what I mean by accurate and fitting. :P

Yup. Me too. I always feel like.........I'm a ghost in your stories, I get to see everything up close, and feel what the characters feel, but nobody can see me.

Very powerful Viv.

Ex.

Whew... Did I ever come to the party late :blink:

All I Ever Wanted, what can I say that hasn't been said already.

THIS STORY SUCKED!! :P alright its a blatent lie... but no one has said that already right?

In all seriousness, yet another beautiful story form you Viv. right up there with your previous anthology entries. It will never cease to amaze me how well you can define two seperate characters in 10,000 words. Much less have the face an obsticle and overcome it.

The details which you wove around Tay made him more endearing, the candy, mom, the younger sibling. All perfect in my thoughts.

What I really enjoyed however, was the brief interaction between Tay and Blake while sitting in his jeep outside of the party. The simple action of Blake getting assurances from Tay he would be ok. That they would go home if Tay really didn't want to go to the party etc.

That one scene gave great insight into what was surging through Blake at that moment.

the bathroom scene was good too...

Steve

• 2 months later...

I liked the story. I had to reread things because I didn't understand it, but that's on my part. All in all it was a great story...although I did find some puncuations errors. I liked how you added to the whole jock and loner thing. We've all been there wishing the most popular and good looking boy in school would come our way. :worship:

• 5 months later...
  • 12 years later...

The story simple and direct without long lavish descriptions. ( I hate those never ending descriptions ). It was sweet the way that Blake came out to Tay. It's the land of make believe but so wonderful to see 2 gay boys find each other.