"Once Upon a Blizzard" by ieshwar

Guest Kitty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooh... :( was one of those stories and endings that send a shiver throughout my body. So sad, especially given the wonderful pasts they shared together... I guess at least Kevin died in love, and knowing that he was loved till the very last moment...

• 2 weeks later...

That was one of those stories you read and you just KNOW something bad is going to happen but you have to keep reading anyway. I love stories that have me reaching for the tissue. This one definitely did that.

Loving someone and losing them is beyond painful. You want to die, too. You want to go with them because you can

hey,

thanks to all of you. thanks to the ones organising the anthologies. you're doing a great job. thanks to sterling for his editing and support. and thanks to all the readers.

i'm just... wow by the comments. i didn't expect that the story could have such a powerful effect. but i hope you enjoyed it and that being sad was not a bad thing.

Ieshwar

hey,

thanks to all of you. thanks to the ones organising the anthologies. you're doing a great job. thanks to sterling for his editing and support. and thanks to all the readers.

i'm just... wow by the comments. i didn't expect that the story could have such a powerful effect. but i hope you enjoyed it and that being sad was not a bad thing.

Ieshwar

I don't have much to add to what was said, I think this is the first story I read from the winter anthology, and I didn't comment right away. I think Luc's comment voices the feelings I had trouble to identify. On a more technical note, the memories in italics come as a perfect counterpoint to the dark narrative.

Hi,

Yeah, I understand what you felt at the end of the story. Initially I had thought of letting Jess live but it seemed too cruel. I was the one who created them. Silly it may seem but Jess and Kevin had become my friends. I knew them as well as their pure love. Letting them separate would not have been nice. My conscience didn't allow it.

Hope you understand me.

Ieshwar

Hi,

Yeah, I understand what you felt at the end of the story. Initially I had thought of letting Jess live but it seemed too cruel. I was the one who created them. Silly it may seem but Jess and Kevin had become my friends. I knew them as well as their pure love. Letting them separate would not have been nice. My conscience didn't allow it.

Hope you understand me.

Ieshwar

I understand that very well. I think, though, that Jess' death also showed the depth of the love like nothing else could.

Very, very well done. :2thumbs::2thumbs:

• 8 months later...

WOW!

I know I'm late reading this, but I have to say that was extremely powerful and well-written! I loved how the first time Kevin and Jess met with the injured and bleeding puppy paralleled with their final moments together once again filled with cradling and bleeding. It was very poignant and extremely moving.

I was shocked when Mark and his crew appeared from no where! :angry:

I can really identify and empathize with many of the feelings and experiences that Kevin and Jess went through.

Awesome job, Ieshwar! :D

-Kevin

WOW!

I know I'm late reading this, but I have to say that was extremely powerful and well-written!

:*) Thanks! This means a lot to me, it was my first short story ad the start of many more. :)

I loved how the first time Kevin and Jess met with the injured and bleeding puppy paralleled with their final moments together once again filled with cradling and bleeding. It was very poignant and extremely moving.

I never noticed it! It wasn't intentional. Thanks, Kevin!

I was shocked when Mark and his crew appeared from no where!

Bad surprises and death appears when you least expect them...

I can really identify and empathize with many of the feelings and experiences that Kevin and Jess went through.

Thanks! Btw, how did you feel when reading the story, since one of the main characters is called Kevin? And he dies too.

Awesome job, Ieshwar!

-Kevin

Thanks, Kevin.

And as some of you may recall, Jess won the GA Member's Choice Awards 2006 for "Best Protagonist in an Anthology Story". I don't want to brag! I just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who voted for it! It has been months and I never thanked anyone. Very ungrateful of me! :angry: Shame on you, Ieshwar.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Thanks! Btw, how did you feel when reading the story, since one of the main characters is called Kevin? And he dies too.

I don't think it made me feel any differently. I guess it might have made me feel a little more "involved" in the story though :)

And as some of you may recall, Jess won the GA Member's Choice Awards 2006 for "Best Protagonist in an Anthology Story". I don't want to brag! I just wanted to say a big thanks to all those who voted for it! It has been months and I never thanked anyone. Very ungrateful of me! :angry: Shame on you, Ieshwar.

WOO HOOO!! Congratulations!! :D

• 6 months later...
sorry to bring up your old story , but in the end you said you was the one who see all the scene that happen ...

Is this story for real ?

Never, ever, apologise to an author for commenting on a story! :)

Feedback is an author's lifeblood :)

Marty

sorry to bring up your old story , but in the end you said you was the one who see all the scene that happen ...

Is this story for real ?

No sorry, plz! But a huge thanks from me for you! :)

Nah, it was all my imagination. That was just the style of writing'narration which I opted for. To make it more interesting. Was it?

Thanks once more! :)

Never, ever, apologise to an author for commenting on a story!

Feedback is an author's lifeblood

Marty

Well-said, Marty! I fully agree! :)

Thanks

Take care,

Ieshwar

oh..man ...

At the first time i was thought you base on real story ...really work...

so , i think if that really happen in real life , it so sad ...

Thank 4 great story ...

You're welcome! :)

And thanks you too. For reading it and taking the effort of posting comments here. I really appreciate it! :)

Take care,

Ieshwar

Discuss "Once Upon a Blizzard", ieshwar's Winter Anthology story, in this thread.

i love the story. I had read it a long time ago and was feeling alittle down so I read it again. I don't know why I did that. I must be a masochist. I just hate when characters die. :(