[WrathOfMagneto] Game Over, Man

Guest Kitty

This thread is for the discussion of the Spring 2007 Anthology story Game Over, Man by WrathofMagneto.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

This thread contains details about the story. Be forewarned, in case you haven't read it yet. :D

• Site Administrator

I'm not usually a fan of zombie stories, but this is one that I enjoyed because the zombies were the setting, not the story. The story itself was one of rememberance -- remembering a better life, a love that could have been more.

The implication was that mankind was doomed, that the three of them had been on the run from the alien menance, but I have to wonder. It was a poignant ending, one that suited the story perfectly, but it leaves the readers wondering what that voice meant -- was there hope after all?

Well done, Wrath of Magneto -- a great story.

The action worked well on me; there's enough mystery to keep the reader wondering during the first stretch of the story. Gave me the same claustrophobic feelings as George Romero's trilogy or Albert Sanchez Pinol's Cold Skin. For the rest, most of the clever things were told above. Nice job.