[Lugh] Chosen

Guest Kitty

This thread is for the discussion of the Spring 2007 Anthology story Chosen by Lugh.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

This thread contains details about the story. Be forewarned, in case you haven't read it yet. :D

What a great story!

I truly enjoyed "The Chosen". For those who enjoyed it as much as I did, it lives on beyond the Spring Anthology. Lugh is writing more of this great story - entitled "A Question of Tine" - and you can find it on his website:

www.landofthefey.com

You can find A Question of Tine under the section "Works in Progress" - or WIPs.

I have been lucky enough to read Tine in its more advanced state because Chosen just isn't enough! I wanted to KNOW MORE! You learn so much more about Tine and Bra 'Neche in the longer version. And trust me - it is worth it beyond a doubt. Lugh gives us a beautiful, detailed, and creative fantasy tale that surprises and delights you.

As always, Lugh gives us wonderful imagery, vivid detail, and expressive prose. You can feel the powerful love between Tine and Bra 'Neche, the complexity of their world, and the unexpected turns that Lugh gives us to make the story even more compelling. The depth of emotion in the story - from love and joy to pain and sadness - is sharp and memorable.

As those of you who have read Lugh know, he can accomplish quite a bit in a short space - as Chosen illustrates. I always want more, and I'm sure you will too. You can find other stories worth reading at his site as well.

Thank you Lugh for a great story!

Centaur

Hey Lugh!

I was anticipating your Anthology story and I wasn't disapointed at all. I thought it was extremely well told and it was entertaining from beginning to end.

So yes, good job. :)

Krista

I read it another way -- that Tine was made a son of Suril by Bra 'Neche. Of course, I haven't read the rest of the story that Centaur has pointed us to, so I don't know if I've just misunderstood.

A beautiful tale. Thanks, Lugh!

Yeah, I read it understanding that Bra 'Neche and Tine's souls were so joined. So Bra 'Neche was the one that made that possible.

Krista

Awww...

thanks guys (and gals)!

As to the Son of Suril.... that is one of those age old questions....

like which came first the chicken or the egg...

was Tine always a son of suril or did his love/need/trust of/for Bra-Neche cause him to become a son of suril....

or is he something else altogether?

hum...

was Tine always a son of suril or did his love/need/trust of/for Bra-Neche cause him to become a son of suril....

or is he something else altogether?

hum...

You tease! :P

Talk about a beginning! It seems it's the very first part of the first book of a saga that will go on and on. Definitely makes ma want to know more.

LOL

Well... see...

what happened is this: I started writing this for the anthology and it got rather long so I had to cut it down to fit, but the people I had let read it were complaining that it was good longer...

so...

well, I decided to keep writing...

there is more (more than triple this length in fact) over on LOTF, specifically, here.

• 1 month later...

If anyone wants to know why I'm so late out of the gate on this story....

I was saving the best for last!

It's the truth. 0:)

Beautiful, beautiful story!

Conner

P.S. I just knew there were gay dragons. :D

• 2 weeks later...

As far as I'm concerned, you can't post the chapters fast enough. :worship: I'm not one for delay gratification. :(

Chapter 6 is the first "bummer" chapter, though. Such is the plight of heros, I guess. You need the lows to enjoy the highs...and all that.

Well, so far mothers in this fantasy bear a remakable likeness to real mothers. Enuf said there.

So, Bra-Neche's future now lies in the hands of his father. Maybe dad can just just give him a mohawk. :P

• 3 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Lugh~

I really enjoyed this short story and will probably be going to read "A Question of Tine" soon! It really drew me in and made me want to know more about what Tine and Bra-Neche are to each other. A wonderful tale about love and it's discovery. I wonder, will Tine and Bre-Neche be apart for the entirety of the two years or will Bra-Neche be making visits back? Hmmm.. maybe it's answered in the longer version.

Hugs

~Renee

Lugh~

I really enjoyed this short story and will probably be going to read "A Question of Tine" soon! It really drew me in and made me want to know more about what Tine and Bra-Neche are to each other. A wonderful tale about love and it's discovery. I wonder, will Tine and Bre-Neche be apart for the entirety of the two years or will Bra-Neche be making visits back? Hmmm.. maybe it's answered in the longer version.

Hugs

~Renee

they are rather different... just a warning.