Beginning of the End

Guest Kitty

This thread is for the discussion of the Spring 2007 Anthology story Beginning of the End by R Knapp.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

This thread contains details about the story. Be forewarned, in case you haven't read it yet. :D

Beginning of the End

By: RKnapp

Wow, talk about endings and beginnings! Ryan takes us right into it from almost the opening paragraph in this one. We get a glimpse of how tragic the last decade had been for him, and yet, like the Phoenix that rises from the ashes, the sun came back out and started shining again.

Of course, people

A nice read, dude. I enjoyed the first person perspective and style that you used. In spite of the tragedies that he has survived, Ryan delivers his story in a cool, bad-boy and slightly irreverent manner. Nice job. I look forward to seeing this story on efiction.

The ending was a hoot and one that, I hope, predicts a whole lot of fun things in store for Ryan. B)

Conner

• Site Administrator

Change is the one constant -- an pithy little saying, but one that is so true.

I got the impression that Ryan is lost and not really coping with all the change that's occuring. His reactions at the airport showed me that he's not handling Jo's move very well. He appears to desperately want to cling to her even though he knows he can't.

I'm hoping that the drive to California is going to allow him to regain his feet. He needs some solidarity in his life because his one of his last remaining anchors has gone. It looks to me that his mother and his car are the only ones left.

Thanks for a great read :) I said you were evil after your last anthology entry, but I've revised my opinion. :worship::great: