Starbridge Train Station

Guest Kitty

This thread is for the discussion of the Spring 2007 Anthology story Starbridge Train Station by Ieshwar.

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

This thread contains details about the story. Be forewarned, in case you haven't read it yet. :D

• Site Moderator

This is a very good story. It makes you stop and think about the characters and what's happening to them at this point in their young life's. I enjoyed working on and reading this moving story.

Jan

Nice Story. I visualized the train station from a movie camera's perspective as it moved from one personal story to another in an almost seemless fashion.

I do think that the prostitute needs to think about raising her prices. Goodness...not even minimum wage. :devil: And no medical insurance or vacation allowance.

Thanks,

Jack B)

• Site Administrator

Snippets of life....

I can't see Ashley and Simone ending things that cleanly. Ashley may hold her line, but I believe Simone will turn back to Ashley as someone she needs -- a friend who can keep her grounded when she needs it.

Jake -- I can't help hoping that his parents will realise what they have done and try to fix it. They didn't have a good initial reaction, but that doesn't mean there still isn't love there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Aaron and Brian -- :) Not much to say. I wonder if Brian has been following Aaron, hoping for a chance to speak?

Julia has had a hard life, and I don't see much hope in the future. She's ended up with a poor choice, but she wasn't given a lot of options. And Jack is right -- she needs to raise her prices.

From a technical point of view, I have to applaud how Ieshwar painted so many distinct characters in such a short period of time. Congratulations -- it was very, very well done!

Hi everybody,

Thanks to all those who read my story and posted in this thread. Frankly, i wasn't expecting such a good response. I have tried something different and wasn't sure everyone would like it.

The aim of the story was to give the reader glimpses of many persons' lives. Changing from one character to the other was like jumping frm one train compartment to the next. As for the rate (julia), i didn't have any idea. So sorry!

Hope that the story was enjoyable. I would be waiting for your comments and criticisms.

Take care,

Ieshwar

Hi everybody,

Thanks to all those who read my story and posted. Frankly I wasn't waiting for such good responses. I wasn't sure you would all like this story. I wanted to try something different and opted for narrating glimpses of a few persons' lives.

I would like to thank all those responsible for making this anthology a success.

Writing this story was really pleasant. Changing from a character to another was like jumping from one train compartment to the next- reason for the name.

I'm sorry about the rate. I didn't have any idea of the rate so i guessed one.

Take care,

Ieshwar

I echo previous comments made, it's quite an achievement to give us vignettes of a series of disparate characters in such a short space. Each character is described well enough to arouse our curiosity. I want to know what happens to them - do they get a happy ending to their story? If an author can get his readers involved to that extent he's done something special. Well done, Ieshwar!

Sinbad