Jump to content
    Kia Zi Shiru
  • Author
  • 1,016 Words
  • 1,153 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Black Sheep Part 2 - 19. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 

Dr West's words still go through my head, if you don't start to get your act together we need to get you back in and possibly on heavier medication. I wouldn't mind going back in but I'm also not sure what else they could do to me if I got back in. Until now not a lot has happened but I also know they could actually get me declared unfit for society and give me a lot of problems if I'd ever wanted to continue school or get a job. I don't want that. I want the future, I just don't want what is going on right now.

I sigh. Why do I always get myself in messes like this? I look out the window of the car. The day is beautiful, the sky is blue, a few tiny clouds here and there. And even though it still is quite cold you can feel that spring is near. Oh, how I want it to get spring already, maybe it would lighten all our moods. Or at least give us something nice to look forward to. I sigh again, for now I just want to bury myself in my bed.

Anne looks at me sideways from time to time, waiting for me to say something, to break this silence. But I keep shut. I don't want to talk about Dr West or the weekend, which seems to be the only subjects she wants to talk about.

I check my phone again. Still nothing from Adam or Tom, or Jack for that matter. No word since we saw each other yesterday. I get it but it still hurts not being able to properly apologise to any of them.

"What are you going to say when you see them?" Anne breaks the silence.

"I don't know. I just… Want to say anything at all. This is doing my head in." I sigh and stare at the window. "I know I have hurt and disappointed you all. I know and I'm sorry. But… It seemed the best idea back then. I was hurt, I needed hurt. Adam had sent me away and I didn't know what to do or where to go."

"You could have just come home." Anne's voice is quiet, hiding her hurt.

"I know you'd find out and be disappointed in me. I could not deal with another fight."

"Why did you decide to go look for him? How did you know how to find him?"

"He e-mailed me on Friday. I don't know why I decided it was a good idea. But the best friend I've had for my life had just turned his back on me and I wasn't in the right state of mind." Tears treaten to flow down my cheeks when Anne puts a comforting hand on my knee.

"Sort your mind for a couple of days and apologise to them. I don't want this to happen again. You scared the crap out of all of us."

My phone starts ringing and the caller ID tells me it's Marie. I frown. I haven't talked to her in months why would she call now? Does she know about the mess going on?

I pick up on the last ring. "Yes?"

"Vic, you need to come to the mall right now." Marie's voice is fast, hectic. "Jack is in trouble. They are all around him. He is on the floor. Please, come quick." She hangs up before I can answer.

My heart is racing, my breath comes out in fast bursts.

"Vic? Who was that? What is going on?" Anne immediately puts the car at the side of the road.

No, no, no! I shake my head. "Keep driving. Jack is in trouble, we need to get to the mall fast. Fast!" I yell. Panic getting the better of me. What was going on? Would we be on time? From the corner of my eye I see Anne constantly check between me and the road ahead.

"Call Steve." Anne hands me her phone that is already calling. "They need to know and he works closest to the mall."

"Anne?" Steve picks up. "I can't talk now I'm at work."

"It's Vic." My voice breaks. "Jack is in trouble at the mall. We are on our way. It sounded serious. Please get there fast." I sob, fear in my heart.

"I'll be on my way. Don't do anything dangerous." Steve hangs up.

Were almost at the mall and to try calling Marie again. She picks up immediately.

"Why are you? How is he?" I rush as I am tapping on the door with my fingers. We are driving into the street.

"At the clothing end. Hurry. He is really bad." Marie is crying.

Anne stops at the sidewalk. "Go. I'll find you."

I rush out of the car into the mall. People are just walking around, did they not know something happened? As I turn a fourth corner I can see the group of people standing at one side of the hall. Chatting to each other, apparently not sure what to do.

I push myself through the group and see him on the ground. His face unrecognisable from the bruising and the blood but I know it's Jack.

I kneel next to him, desperately trying to find any signs that he is still alive. Marie sits on his other side, crying. Jack's chest rises and lowers, at least he is still breathing, but otherwise he is not responding to anything. I grab his hand.

"Come on, Jack. Wake up. Please, wake up." Tears blur my vision as I beg. "Don't die. Keep breathing. Wake up. Please. Wake up."

Anne and Steve join us at the same moment both lost for words as they see Jack. Steve kneels next to me, crying, begging, lost. Anne hugs us both pulling us close and moments later pulling us away from Jack when the medics arrive.

They check his vitals there and then, he is breathing, his heart is beating but he is not responding.

2011 Kia Zi Shiru/Draigen
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..