Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 663 Words
  • 1,193 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Lonely Heart Club – a prompt story - 3. Roman II #388

Prompt 388 – Creative
Tag – First Line
“Snow? Again? How much more are they expecting?”

“Snow? Again? How much more are they expecting?” Roman watched a group of people who had just come in, brushing snowflakes from their coats.

“Now he’s talking about the weather.” He heard a very un-ladylike snort from his left side. “Maybe we should get you away from watching your piano man flirt with the little brunette who’s just peeling herself effectually out of her too small jacket to show off her too generous cleavage?” Mason whispered in his ear.

“What are you talking about?” He knew it was a mistake as soon as the stupid question had left his mouth. You couldn’t fool Mason Brunelli. She was one of their sharpest minds, known for her keen eye and powers of observation. Nothing got past her when she was on the prowl. And her prey for the evening was Roman and his obsession with Martin. He couldn’t look away even though the man joked and flirted with everyone but him.

And she pounced. “Seriously, Roman? I know you want him. Make a move or go home. I’m fed up watching you watching him with that mix of puppy dog eyes and hungry tiger every night. It’s not you, and besides, you’re making me moody. I have set my eyes on the sexy new bartender.” She tipped her head so that her lips almost touched his ears. “Did you see his hands? So big and strong ahh…I’m definitely a hands girl.”

Now it was Roman’s turn to snort. “And an ass girl, no pun intended. And shoulders. Right? Strong and broad and oh yeah…legs, if they’re long and muscular and slightly hairy. How could I forget those!”

“You’re right.” She nodded. “What can I say? I like diversity. I’m a hard-working woman who needs something to distract her from office intrigues, high-strung clients, and a cold and lonesome home. Something that makes me sleep at night.”

Surprised at the sudden seriousness in her voice Roman turned his head just in time to see tiredness flashing over her face, her amber eyes suddenly weary. But the moment was gone before he could blink. She winked at him. “Gotcha! And you forgot that sometimes I’m even a cleavage girl.” She eyed the brunette. “Not her though, sorry Roman. High and tight is what I like, not artificial voluptuousness.” Mason shook her head. “I would jump in, sacrifice myself for the greater good and let Robert the barman go for tonight to get her away from piano man for you but no…not my cup of tea.”

Mason slapped his arm so that it stung. “Go get him, tiger!” Then she laughed so hard she almost fell from her bar stool. “Make him serenade you.”

With that she grabbed one of the slips of paper where patrons could write down their song request, turned her back to him while she scribbled several words down, the waved the waitress to come over.

“What are you doing, Mason? Stop it.”

“Nuh-uh.” She handed her request to the waitress, together with a generous tip, a meaningful look, and a wink.

“It can’t be that you’re afraid he’ll say ‘no’, because that never fazed you, so there must be something about him that makes you hesitate. I’m intrigued and I want to know who’ll be the winner of this little game you two have going, so I'm upping the ante.”

Roman watched the waitress arranging a glass of red wine and Mason’s request neatly on a small silver tray and bringing it over to Martin. From behind, he heard his friend’s throaty laughter at something the bartender had said. It sounded like her evening was set.

He saw Martin listening to the waitress, taking a sip from his glass while he read the request. Then his dark eyes were immediately on him while he put the glass down, and shortly after, the first notes of ‘Clock’ sounded through the bar. He mouthed ‘tiger’ just before he started to sing.

'Clock' Coldplay

I always appreciate to hear from you. :)
Copyright © 2016 aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Good little character in Mason. Perfect catalyst to move things along when feet are dragged.I hope a prompt catches your eye sometime soon. A return to the ???? Lounge to see Tiger and Martin interact after the note will be welcome!

Extremely cool that I now have company in using Coldplay in a story.

A pleasure to read your tale as usual my friend.

Carlos

Link to comment
On 01/25/2015 09:21 PM, Carlos Hazday said:
Good little character in Mason. Perfect catalyst to move things along when feet are dragged.I hope a prompt catches your eye sometime soon. A return to the ???? Lounge to see Tiger and Martin interact after the note will be welcome!

Extremely cool that I now have company in using Coldplay in a story.

A pleasure to read your tale as usual my friend.

Carlos

It was about time, but somehow the other prompts didn't work for me. Maybe I've been too wrapped up with RRS. And yes, I hope there will be something to continue this little tale next week.

Coldplay...since last week I'm listening to them again.

Thanks, Carlos! :)

Link to comment

I do like Mason. She sounds like a tough cookie. lol

 

Maybe one day Roman will mosey on over to Martin, although he doesn't seem that shy based on previous prompts...

Link to comment
On 01/28/2015 06:09 AM, Lisa said:
I do like Mason. She sounds like a tough cookie. lol

 

Maybe one day Roman will mosey on over to Martin, although he doesn't seem that shy based on previous prompts...

Maybe he's afraid? Thinks if he does the deed once he'd get addicted?

Thanks, Lisa! :)

Link to comment

I love that song! Coldplay fan here... "tigers waiting to be tamed"...Mason is a hoot, obnoxious but worth the aggravation she provides. I am intrigued by her description of Roman and his timidity with Martin... they seem at odds... you say a lot with a few words, Adi... cheers... G

Link to comment
On 04/01/2015 02:36 AM, Headstall said:
I love that song! Coldplay fan here... "tigers waiting to be tamed"...Mason is a hoot, obnoxious but worth the aggravation she provides. I am intrigued by her description of Roman and his timidity with Martin... they seem at odds... you say a lot with a few words, Adi... cheers... G
Haha, I have a role model for Mason, lol. She loves to stir up sh... er stuff. Thank you for your nice words, Gary. :)
Link to comment
On 05/01/2016 04:48 AM, Timothy M. said:

I have to admit I'm lost on the song reference, but I agree Roam should man up and make a move. ;)

Lol, yes! What is he waiting for? Right? Thanks, Tim. :)

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..