Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 397 Words
  • 1,023 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 6. Home again

Prompt 343 – Creative
Tag – Favorite Memory
We all have them. Something that we remember fondly, whether it is a special event, moment in school, time with a close friend, or something that surprised us totally. Take that event and fictionalize it for us to read.

Home again?

I stood in front of the departure gate, and of course Chris was nowhere in sight. Then somebody called my name. “Jonah! Hey Jonah… over here!” Michael. He waved at me with what looked like a hat and suddenly I felt the cold. I had totally forgotten about that. A hat would be good, and gloves, and definitely a warmer jacket.

I grabbed my suitcase and my duffle bag and crossed the street. “Hey Michael, didn’t Chris say he’d pick me up by the departure gate?”

“Yeah, but we could find a place to park, so I got out of the car to get you. He’s waiting at the entrance of the garage over there.” He took my bag. “So how was your flight?”

“It was okay. I didn’t sleep, though.”

“Yeah Chris told me you never sleep on the plane or the train. You hate that people could watch you sleeping.”

“Yeah something like that.” I suddenly shivered in the biting wind. “I hope the car is all warmed up. I forgot how cold it is here at this time of the year.”

“Well, it’s not that bad; but I think if you come from Sicily…”

We reached the parking garage where Chris was waiting for us. He got out of the car as soon as he saw us coming and opened the trunk. “Hey Jonah, sorry for not waiting at the departure gate, but…”

“Yeah, it’s okay; Michael already explained everything to me.” I rubbed my arms to get warm. “Come on, let’s get inside; it’s fucking cold out here.”

Finally in the car I ask Chris “So, where did you get me a room?”

“No hotel for you my friend; you’ll sleep in our guest room.” When I tried to protest he shook his head. “You’ll have a spare key and you can come and go as you please.” He touched my arm. “This way somebody will be there just in case you need a friend.”

“But…”

“No buts. You can use the kitchen, you have your own bathroom, a TV; it’s almost like a hotel room but with a-friend-to-talk service 24/7.” He seemed very determined on this.

“Okay, who could reject that?” I grinned.

They didn’t pester me about my plans. They knew I’d explain it to them in my own time. It’s good to have such great friends.

©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Okay, you cannot set up a premise like this and leave us in the lurch. What is happening with him? Why does he need a friend 24/7? What drove him Home again?

Great job Addy! You're a tease! :)

Link to comment
On 07/25/2014 10:30 PM, Cole Matthews said:
Okay, you cannot set up a premise like this and leave us in the lurch. What is happening with him? Why does he need a friend 24/7? What drove him Home again?

Great job Addy! You're a tease! :)

Hahaha, thank you Cole. :) Well it will be part of a story...
Link to comment

Grr. You set everything up and then .... :,( . I want to know what is going on. Can' wait to read the rest.

Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 12:25 AM, joann414 said:
What Cole said. I have to know what's going on. I'm nosey like that. :P
You? Nosey? No way! Prologue and first chapter done. Thanks for encouraging me.
Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 12:28 AM, comicfan said:
Grr. You set everything up and then .... :,( . I want to know what is going on. Can' wait to read the rest.
It's actually a re-write, but because I'm a slow writer and I want to finish this before I start posting, it will probably be end of summer. Thanks for your feedback. :)
Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 12:29 AM, Daddydavek said:
Home again? It didn't feel like coming home. I agree with Cole, wanting more!
I'm happy you all liked my little piece. Makes me write faster. I hope to have something by the end of summer. Thank you for your comment.
Link to comment

Hmmmm, sounds so familiar!! I have to go back and reread the beginning of RRS. lol And of course I know why this story is coming to mind. Unfortunately.

 

Yes, you are quite the tease with your chapter ending the way it did. :P

Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 04:13 AM, Lisa said:
Hmmmm, sounds so familiar!! I have to go back and reread the beginning of RRS. lol And of course I know why this story is coming to mind. Unfortunately.

 

Yes, you are quite the tease with your chapter ending the way it did. :P

Unfortunately. Help me remember why this is something good?
Link to comment

Yes, you are right it was short and sweet :D I liked it and I understand from Reading other comments here that more of this story is comming :) Poor Jonah :( I hope he gets some Comfort, I Think he needs that

:hug:

Link to comment
On 07/26/2014 09:01 AM, Slytherin said:
Yes, you are right it was short and sweet :D I liked it and I understand from Reading other comments here that more of this story is comming :) Poor Jonah :( I hope he gets some Comfort, I Think he needs that

:hug:

Thank you Sly. :) Definitely more to come because this little experiment went so well. And 'poor Jonah' will be a popular line, mark my saying.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..