Jump to content
    Aditus
  • Author
  • 527 Words
  • 1,205 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Aditus' prompts and circumstances - 8. Wouldn't you like to know?

Prompt 352 - creative. Tag- First line “I can’t believe you asked him that...

“I can’t believe you asked him that!“ Ralph slapped Andre upside his head before he passed him a wad of paper napkins.

“Yeah, me neither.” He took the tissue and dabbed it at his face and chest. “I’m such an idiot.”

“That and you stink of beer.” Ralph sniffed at him.

“I would never have thought—“

“--yeah that’s obvious.” Ralph shook his head and turned around on his barstool, hopping down on the far side, making sure he didn’t land in the puddle of beer around his friend. “Thinking really isn’t your forte.”

“Hey!”

They both heard a loud clang and looked up when a bucket half-filled with water and a towel appeared near them on the top of the bar.

“Start mopping.” Ben, one of the bartenders, waved his hand at Andre.

“What? Why me? It was Max who dumped his beer all over me!”

“You had to ask, eh?” Ben shrugged. “Now you mop.”

“But that’s not fair.”

“Tough. Get moving or you’re no longer welcome here.”

Andre touched his wet shirt, where it clung to his chest, before he grabbed the hem and pulled it over his head, balled it together and threw it in the bucket. “Fine.”

Someone whistled. “What’s about the pants?”

Andre gave them his finger only to hear their guffaw. He grabbed the towel and wiped down the stool he’d sat on.

“There’s something on the bar too.” Ben pointed at a spot where the beer was running down the wall.

“Yeah, yeah. You’re really enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“Yep.”

Andre looked at his friend. “You could help me.”

Ralph shook his head. “Nope. I warned you, you didn’t listen. This is all on you.”

Andre kneeled on the floor and wrung out the towel before he mopped up the last of the beer. He grabbed the handle of the bucket, lifted it up, and asked Ben, “Where do you want this?”

“Just dump it in the sink outside. Make sure not to drip the beer from your pants on the floor, though, otherwise you mop that up too.”

Andre looked down his body and indeed, there was already a small puddle around his feet again. “Shit! How can—“

Ben grinned. “Drop the pants?”

The room went silent. Andre looked around, but it seemed nobody wanted to help him. He looked at Ben. “You’re not serious, are you?”

Ben tapped his finger against the top of the bar. “Now would be good.”

“Ben,” he pleaded, but Ben only crossed his arms in front of his chest.

Ralph whispered in his ear, “You know that they know you’re not wearing any underwear? These pants are just too tight.”

Then Max stood beside him, a bath towel in his hand. “You can always wrap this around you.”

“You!” Andre dropped the bucket he was still holding onto the floor causing water to splash around and against Max’s legs. “You know what? Fuck you!” He stormed out of the bar.

Max yelled after him, “The answer is yes.”

A guest leaned against the bar and asked Ben, “What did he ask Max?”

Ben smiled. “Wouldn’t you like to know?”

©Copyright 2013 Aditus; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 11
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I love that Max dumped his beer all over Andre and then said "yes". I'd love to know what he said to him. My imagination is running rampant. lol ;) NIce job, Aditus. :)

Link to comment
On 09/06/2014 07:18 AM, Valkyrie said:
I love that Max dumped his beer all over Andre and then said "yes". I'd love to know what he said to him. My imagination is running rampant. lol ;) NIce job, Aditus. :)
Thank you Valkyrie! :) I'm glad you like it. Ha, but that was my intention. I'd love to read the questions you came up with.
Link to comment
On 09/06/2014 08:15 AM, Sasha Distan said:
oh yes, we do want to know and we do like this.

thank you Addy.

Good! :) And no, not a chance. It's a seeeecret. Thank you for your comment.
Link to comment
On 09/06/2014 12:46 PM, Lisa said:
I wanna know too!!!!

 

Great job, Addy! :)

So what could he have asked, hmmmmm. Not telling! Thank you Lisa!
Link to comment
On 09/06/2014 06:20 PM, Slytherin said:
:D Loved it Addy, so funny ! :D I wanna know too, tell us !!!
Thank you Sly! :) You tell me. What could he have asked?
Link to comment

1. Just how big was that glass of beer? :o

2. I would have chosen to leave if a barkeep gave me that ultimatum. :angry:

3. Screw--not literally--the guy who answered 'Yes' after tossing the beer. Whatever the question was. :pissed:

4. It still ended up being entertaining. :P

Link to comment
On 09/07/2014 05:29 AM, Ron said:
1. Just how big was that glass of beer? :o

2. I would have chosen to leave if a barkeep gave me that ultimatum. :angry:

3. Screw--not literally--the guy who answered 'Yes' after tossing the beer. Whatever the question was. :pissed:

4. It still ended up being entertaining. :P

LOL OOOkay:

1. Maybe it was a whole pitcher? :o

2. Yeah me too. :devil:

3. Irri hat a very convincing idea. :thumbub:

4. Good! :D

5. Thank you for your comment. :kiss:

Link to comment

:lol: I can think of one conversation which would prompt this reaction:

Andre: "Would you go out with me, Max?"

Max: "Don't tease, I know you're straight."

Andre: "What if I told you, I've been lying to you all these years, and I'm gay and in love with you?"

:blink::angry::pissed: beer :facepalm:

Link to comment
On 10/05/2014 10:53 PM, Timothy M. said:
:lol: I can think of one conversation which would prompt this reaction:

Andre: "Would you go out with me, Max?"

Max: "Don't tease, I know you're straight."

Andre: "What if I told you, I've been lying to you all these years, and I'm gay and in love with you?"

:blink::angry::pissed: beer :facepalm:

Hahahaha. Perfect! Write chapter two? Thank you Timothy. :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..