Jump to content

Red Running Shoes

   (4 reviews)
Genres: Romance
Sub-genres: Contemporary Romance

Come meet quirky, irrational, impulsive Jonah, who runs when life gets complicated. This time he is in Sicily, Italy. What else? Oh yes. He talks to Zach, his imaginary laptop friend, collects people who want to take care of him, as well as slightly possessive, manipulative boyfriends. Time for a change.

I don't know if I'm the only one, but when I read about food or music in a story, I want to know more about it. So I'll add information about all the recipes and songs mentioned at the end of each chapter.
A warning: There is lots of swearing and the evil f-word in this story.
Thank you to Lisa and Zombie, without you this would still be a jumbled mess. A special 'Thank You' to Cole Matthews, who helped me to see the story with a fresh pair of eyes. His insights were immensely helpful.
This story is special to me. I met my best online friend while writing it. You know who you are.
For now I'll update every other week on Mondays. As soon as I have more chapters finished I plan to update weekly.
 
Copyright © 2015 aditus; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (1 member)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 1
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 0
  • Compelling 0
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 0
  • World Building 0

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Timothy M.

· Edited by Timothy M.

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

I have to admit it took me a while to start reading RRS, mainly because I was put off by the story description. Most of all the word irrational gave me severe doubts, but I decided to trust Aditus and my GA friends who seemed to enjoy the story. Once I took the plunge, I was quickly caught up in the magic Aditus weaves.

Jonah was betrayed and hurt by someone he loved and trusted, and his reaction was to run away to another city/country. As the story starts, he returns and tries to pick up his life. He longs for love but is scared of another broken heart. The author makes us engage ourselves in Jonah and the people around him, we hope the best and fear the worst, as we alternately laugh and curse over his antics.

If you like romance rollercoasters, RRS is worth trying. I guarantee all your emotions will be played upon. And the image of a dove tattoo will stay with you forever. :wub:

This review is a shorter version of a Featured Story blog review.

Response from the author:

Thank you, Tim for this great review. The link to the longer doesn't work anymore. :(

Anyway, you are an avid comment writer, and I was very disappointed when you didn't read my story.

Now I know, why.

But then you began reading, and I had the pleasure to read your epic rants.

A belated thank you for those.

~Adi :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to review
Daddydavek

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This is a complicated romance with competing friends who have different ideas and an insecure main character who wants to avoid conflict and hesitates in going for the brass ring.  It is set in some wonderful European locales with all the charm you could ask for.  It is a good coming of age story in a young guys life with the angst that seems to be an integral part of it.  I certainly recommend it for anyone who missed it or wasn't a member when it was serialized in 2014 into early 2015.  

Response from the author:

I'm way too late to respond to your very nice review, Daddy D. I'm sorry.

Yes, it's a complicated romance and kudos to all of you, who make it to the end.

Thank you!

~Adi

  • Like 4
Link to review
Thirdly

· Edited by Thirdly

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Ok, Red Running Shoes. How did I end up here? Right! 

Aditus has a writing style that is like (how can I best describe it?) artwork!  All of the stories are pieces of art. It's like Aditus took a canvas and laid out the colors into segments that no one can quite figure out until all of a sudden, BAM! It's there...a tapestry as big as a wall, as big as the night sky when seen in the utter darkness of the woods. 

To me, personally, and I emphasize that this is only my opinion since it's my own personal upbringing...it's the deliciousness of a Latin soap opera that has been refined to the level of a high quality romantic movie. When you start wanting to yell at and shake characters as if they were real people or, hell, your own best friends or a family member...you know that you're mentally sucked into the tale. 

Red Running Shoes is one of my top favorites of Aditus's work thus far. Hate leads to love, which leads to- wait, I think that would be too much of a spoiler. Just read, already.

Response from the author:

I know, I know, I'm  totally late to respond to your perfect, review, Thirdly.

I'm blushing every time I read  it. There are times when I need a pick-me-up, I return to read it. Helps all the time. :hug:

  • Love 2
Link to review
CincyKris

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

To say this is a complicated romance is an understatement!  Jonah will make you laugh, may make you cry, will certainly frustrate you!  You'll also be cheering for him.  Don't pick your team too quickly amongst his suitors or you may regret it!  I'm glad I found this now, so I could read in a couple sittings, it is addictive.

Response from the author:

Thank you for this wonderful review, Kris!

It makes me immensely happy that you think readers will cheer for Jonah. :)

~Adi 

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..