Jump to content

The Holly and the Ivy 1. The King's Mate

   (2 reviews)

My grandmother made me talk to Diarmad Guerin every year after Christmas Mass since I was three. The letter he gave me a few weeks before my eighteenth birthday changed my whole world.

The Holly and the Ivy is the first story of 'The King's Mate' series. I will update weekly.
Copyright © 2017 aditus; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (2 members)

  • Action Packed 2
  • Addictive/Pacing 1
  • Characters 2
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 2
  • Feel-Good 1
  • Humor 2
  • Smoldering 2
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 2
  • World Building 1

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

comicfan

· Edited by comicfan

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

In this first book of The King's Mate you have a rich tapestry quickly but wonderfully woven and presented. Noel is about to turn 18. Instead of the usual worries of first loves or college issues, he finds himself in the center of a world he never knew existed. His beloved grandmother was a member of The Order and kept a watch over him for Diarmad. Diarmad was a man Noel met every year at Christmas. However, this year Noel finds that things were never what they seemed and his life is more special than he ever suspected.

This story has love, romance, betrayal, kings, consorts, mystery, and more. Aditus creates an inviting world, daring you to come in, but warning you of the danger around each corner. Why wait? Throw caution to the wind and read.

  • Love 2
Link to review
Thirdly

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Ok, this story needs a little more recognition. This one has a touch of (fantasy/sci-fi/supernatural?) whimsy! There is action, there is drama, there is trauma...the characters are colorful and the protagonist struggles to define himself and rise well above memories of the past. I loved it.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..