Jump to content
    Agaith
  • Author
  • 6,794 Words
  • 1,941 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Seeing Double - 17. Chapter 17

It's approaching Christmas in Seeing Double, and present buying is a pain :P

oh and before I forget Christmas crackers are a typical part of a christmas dinner in UK and some other commonwealth countries :)

DAN
 
It wasn’t long after settling into the Tower on Galwrock that Matt said Christmas was only a few weeks away and I was shocked it had come around so quick.
However, the chance to see Sam and Gary made me beam and Matt could sense it too. He wanted to visit his family I could tell. And Matt had invited me to his house for Christmas and Matt’s parents wouldn’t hear any of my protests about intruding.
 
Stepping through the portal in the Tower back to Earth for the first time I noticed the travelling seemed faster, as if we were going at a speed faster than normal.
The next thing I noticed when we stepped through back into the Principal’s office on the campus was the snow.
It had never snowed so much in England in my life.
Other countries may scoff at the snow which came up to my thigh as we exited the building. The paths had been cleared but great piles of snow were built up on the grassy areas all around the campus.
It was still snowing lightly and we both weren’t prepared for how cold it was. The previous winter had been fairly mild at this time of year so we were dressed in autumn clothes and were both shivering as we made our way back to our accommodation.
 
Matt was getting picked up later by his parents so we headed to his place to pack. His parents had asked if I wanted to get a lift with them but both mine and Matt’s things wouldn’t all fit in the car, so I said I would get a lift with Gary’s parents as his dad had a small van to pick up Gary’s things, and it would be big enough for mine.
As soon as he was in the door, Matt turned the heating up to full.
 
“Cold?”
 
He gave me a look which told me without words ‘What do you think?’
 
“I am as well” I chuckled.
 
“So what do you say we pack up what we can for now and then spend the rest of the day...”I let the sentence trail off, making Matt raise his eyebrow.
 
“I was just thinking of cuddling actually.” I said with a laugh.
 
Matt just rolled his eyes but when he then laid eye contact I could tell he wanted nothing more than what I proposed.
 
Funnily enough the packing didn’t take very long at all and within the hour everything but the laptop was packed up ready for Matt’s parents to arrive.
And as we laid there, Matt’s head resting lightly on my chest, his finger making small circles on my chest, I wondered at how much had happened in such a short space of time.
I had met Matt, the person with two sides to him, the shy, timid guy on Earth which I had taken to like a duck to water and the confident Matt, the general, on Galwrock. I still wondered which one was the real Matt, but I had a feeling it was the former.
As I was thinking I realised Matt had undone my shirt.
 
“I thought you didn’t want anything more right now.”
 
“I don’t, but...I love the warmth of you.” He said softly as he took his own shirt off.
 
“Change back Matt.”
 
He looked at me puzzled.
 
“To when I first saw you, the body I first saw.”
 
“But...this one is so much better.”
 
“Like you said, it isn’t you though is it? They made you into that body. Let me be with you Matt.”
 
“You do know it’s an illusion when I change back.”
 
“I know, but I want to appreciate you, and that means when you had your old body as well.”
 
Matt looked hesitant, as if I would hate him the moment he changed back.
I squeezed his shoulder reassuringly and he nodded.
I watched as I saw Matt become shapeless. It was as if he was a piece of clay ready to be shaped, and then he started changing back into his old body.
It didn’t take as long as I thought it would and Matt looked at me questioningly.
Pulling him down onto me, giving him the warmth between our bodies he so craved I whispered “I will make you more confident of yourself in this body, even if it kills me.”
He smiled at me, before he pressed slightly more onto me and kissing me lightly.
 
“You are the best thing that has ever happened to me Dan.”
 
“Likewise Matt, please believe me when I say that how you look, in either body, doesn’t matter to me.”
 
“I’ll try.” Was his reply before we just held each other for the rest of the time we had before his parents arrived.
 
MATT
 
Dan scarpered before he could meet my parents at my accommodation. He must have been too nervous. Mum and Dad just smiled at that fact, before everything was loaded into the car.
Of course, on the journey back, I had to tell of what had happened during the last two months and apart from me turning to crystal during the assassin attack my parents didn’t lecture...which was a miracle.
Maybe it was because there was even less time to the war, less time to spend with me until it arrived.
I had told Dan that I had a chance of dying, but I hadn’t said how high that was. My parents knew though, and I could see it in their eyes every time they looked at me. They had prepared themselves for the worst. As best as they could anyway.
 
Seeing the semi-detached house, where I had lived in for most of my life, made me smile as we pulled up in front of it.
 
“Welcome home son.” Both of them said, relived I had made it through the first term.
 
I had barely gotten through the doorway before I was smothered in a hug.
After hugging back whilst trying to stay upright I saw it was my sister.
 
“I’ve missed you Matt.”
 
“Me too, sis.”
 
“I sorta have a favour to ask Matt.”
 
“Don’t tell me it broke again!”
 
“Well, I keep forgetting to power it down every night and it sort of overheated...”
 
I rolled my eyes and she hugged me again as I went to fix the small device placed in the centre of her desk.
After meeting a boy a couple of hundred miles away she was frustrated at only being able to see him every few months, so I allowed her a small device that could transport her between the house and her boyfriend’s house.
He was the only one outside the family that knew about me, and it was going to stay that way; as I had made sure to tell him.
 
Fortunately, as I went to inspect it, the only issue was that because it had overheated all the power had drained from it as a safety measure.
I powered it up and it was good to go.
 
“Thanks big brother.” I heard behind me as she walked in.
 
“Jade!” My mum called from the bottom of the stairs.
 
“I’ll only be gone a short while mum!” She shouted back before taking the device and transporting herself away.
 
“She never listens.” Mum came up behind me.
 
“Same old, same old then?” I said cheekily to earn me a playful clip round the ear.
 
“Listen Matt, before you dart off somewhere, your dad and I want to speak to you.”
 
“Sounds ominous.” I teased before she just rolled her eyes and told me to get downstairs.
 
 
“So, what was it you wanted to talk about?” I asked.
 
“Well...I just wanted you to know that your dad has agreed to behave as much as he can when Dan comes to stay.”
 
“Wow; that is an impressive bit of news.”
 
“Do you want me to piss in your pocket?” Dad joked to which we just laughed.
 
“Nah I prefer my pockets as they are thanks.”
 
“Well then.” He replied with a smirk.
 
“In truth though, Dan will be incredibly nervous about meeting you guys.”
 
“Matt, do you really think we want to scare your boyfriend away?”
 
“No, I know you will welcome him with open arms.”
 
“Of course we will. Now, have you got his Christmas present?”
 
“Oh crap!”
 
“I’ll take that as a no, shall I?”
 
“I don’t know what to get him.”
 
“Well, you’re not going to find anything sitting here, go into town, go back to Galwrock or wherever.” Dad piped up.
 
“No, no I’m not. Ok I’ll go. Love you both.”
 
I prepared myself for transportation.
 
“Oh for crying out loud, not you as well, so our kids get faster than light travel and we get our bog standard cars as transportation.” Mum teased.
 
“Would work take it well if you suddenly teleported into work?”
 
“Go on cheeky, if you were as good at finding presents as you are being cheeky everything would be wrapped up by now.”
 
I chuckled before hugging them both and running through the portal built into the doorframe of one of the doors leading into the lounge.
Now to find something for Dan.
 
 
DAN
 
I had never seen the door answered so quickly in all my time living at the house, but it took barely one knock for the door to open and Sam to come flying out knocking us into the snow on the lawn.
 
“Um...good to see you too.” I said amused.
 
“It’s been weeks without any inkling of you, how the hell am I going to respond you twit.”
 
‘I have to agree with the twit comment.’ Sarala quipped.
 
‘I thought you might.’I could sense her smiling at my response.
 
“Well, I’ve been busy Sam.”
 
“I guessed that.”
 
I just smiled at her in reply and she let me through into the house.
 
 
“Hey stranger.” Gary smiled as he got up off the sofa to greet me; another bone crushing hug enveloped me.
 
“Haha, don’t start that shit again.”
 
“Wouldn’t dream of it.” Gary said whilst trying to look innocent.
 
“Uh huh, sure Gary, don’t bother looking innocent.”
 
“Speaking of innocence...have you and Matt...”
 
“Gary! Not again.”
 
“Sorry mate, but you two really need to...” He stopped as he saw my smirk.
 
“About bloody time mate!” He shouted before shaking my hand.
 
“The way you’re speaking is making it sound like Matt is a woman.”
 
“Hahaha, after what I saw he could do, I’m not saying he is and never will.” We both laughed at that.
 
“How has it been the last few weeks?”
 
“Well, scary to say the least mate.”
 
“Scary?”
 
“You took off mate, both you and Matt. That night when you ran off and Matt chased you was the last time we saw you.”
 
“It’s been a bit of a blur since then.”
 
“Does Matt know about Owen yet?”
 
I gave a small smile and a nod “Yes, he does.”
 
“And? How did he take it?”
 
“With absolute honesty Gary? His reaction was better than I could ever have hoped for.”
 
I have a small rundown on what had happened that day and surprisingly it didn’t feel bad to talk about Owen now.
 
“You spoke to Owen?” Gary asked incredulously.
 
“Um...yes I did, in a fashion. Like I said, it was his spirit. He made me forgive myself. It has him Gary; it was Owen that had been there to stop every attempt I made.” Gary nodded, not needing to ask which attempts I meant.
 
“That’s good though Dan.”
 
“What’s this?” Sam asked as she stepped back into the lounge after making drinks.
 
I sighed before retelling it again for Sam and she smiled and hugged me once again.
 
“I’m so glad you’ve managed to put that behind you now Dan. Tell us more about what you’ve been up to.”
 
“Oh this will take a while.” I puffed, to which Gary and Sam looked stern.
 
“You will tell us Dan or else...”
 
“Or else?”
 
That was when it dawned on me.
 
“Haha guys I am going to tell you, I can’t stand you pinning me down again.”
 
“Then start the story.”
 
Over an hour passed as I filled them in over what had happened along with the mountain of questions that they had.
 
“That’s so romantic what Matt did for the festival though.”
 
“What by leaving me without a present to give him?”
 
“Dan, it seems to me like he wanted that to be the present for you to give him. I’m guessing you did give him your...package to unwrap.” Sam managed to say before both she and Gary collapsed with laughter.
 
“Sam!”
 
“Oh come on Dan, you should have expected this teasing.” Gary chimed in.
 
“Well yes, but come on!”
 
“I bet he was saying that during the night.” Gary said with a wink.
 
“The question is whether Dan was giver or taker.” Sam smiled viciously.
 
“Oh no; you didn’t just go there.”
 
“Oh I did.” She cackled before I smacked her with a cushion.
 
“You haven’t answered the question Dan.”
 
“I’m not answering that!”
 
“Aww, you spoilsport.” Sam said, but smiling warmly now, letting me know they knew they weren’t expecting an answer.
 
“You really love winding me up, don’t you?”
 
“It’s only because we love you and we have to catch up on teasing seeing as though you haven’t been here.”
 
“That makes it all ok.” I said blowing a raspberry.
 
“He still hasn’t grown up yet though.” Sam and Gary said, speaking as if they were my parents for a second.
 
I laughed with them, but for a brief moment I remembered I had no family.
 
Sam and Gary picked up on it.
 
“Dan, you have Matt’s family now. They will treat you as one of their own. Christmas has always been hard for you, we know that. But you get to spend it with a family that will love you and Matt, who more than loves you.”
 
“I know, thanks guys.” I said softly and the three of us spent the remainder of the night curled up on the sofa, watching The Matrix.
 
 
“Shopping!” Sam shouted across the landing as she bounded into the bathroom first.
 
“Oh for fuck sake Sam, don’t use all the hot water! We need it too you know!” Gary said, pounding on the door.
 
I was still getting out of bed, relishing the comforts of your own bed. Yet when I rolled over I felt disappointed that Matt wasn’t on the other side. No morning kiss this morning.
I turned on my phone as I rolled out of bed. It had only been on for a few seconds before a series of messages came up.
 
Hey handsome, hope you are ok. I don’t expect a reply to this right now as I’m sure Sam and Gary have you hostage asking shit loads of questions :P talk to you soon, I love you. Xxx
 
Seeing a text off Matt made my spirits lift a little, and I realised there was another one.
 
Good morning you sexy beast, shit why did I say that? Morning confidence lol. Hope you weren’t given the full Spanish Inquisition, felt weird not having you in the same bed. Have fun shopping, I’ve got to find something for you today...can I just wrap myself in Christmas paper and I be your present? I mean, I’m durable, you don’t have to change the batteries and I can keep you happy ;) No? Damn ok, shopping it is. Haha, love you, see you soon xxx
 
I laughed loudly at Matt’s last text and I felt a little better knowing he wished I was there when he woke up too.
I sent him a reply.
 
Confidence is certainly a good thing ;) Thankfully the Inquisition was less painful than it could have been, just thumbscrews were used haha. You always know how to make me laugh, you can wrap yourself up, but I get to undres...I mean unwrap you anytime I want ;) so don’t be lazy. Love you too, have fun xxx
 
“Awww that’s so cute.” I was so wrapped up in texting that I failed to notice Sam slip into my room and peek at my text. I also realised I was naked, having taken to sleeping so with Matt.
 
“Sam! Stop reading my texts and this is the second time you’ve walked in on me naked!”
 
She giggled. “I’m glad you were only texting him and not having phone sex.”
 
I stared at her open mouthed before she ran off laughing, leaving me to laugh as well whilst waiting for Gary to finish in the shower.
 
 
Once we were all ready, we bundled ourselves into Gary’s car and made our way to the shopping centre.
The shopping centre was on the outskirts of town and covered a fair bit of land.
After trying for several minutes to find a parking space we stepped into the maelstrom.
 
“Oh sheesh, where to start hunting for presents?” I thought out loud.
 
“Well, what does Matt like?” Gary asked.
 
“Um...shit, we’ve been so caught up in all this shit on Galwrock that I haven’t done any of the normal boyfriend conversations.”
 
“Oh boy, this should be fun.” Sam said as she rolled her eyes jokingly.
 
I just pulled a silly face at her and we started to explore.
 
 
Three hours had passed between us all looking in the shops we all wanted and I had managed to find a few things Matt might like after scouring my brain of what was in his room.
They consisted of a few martial arts films, a new calendar in the form of his favourite football team. Some clothes I thought he might like and a video game I knew he had his eyes on for some time.
 
“We need to get something more couple-like than these.” Sam said.
 
“What do you suggest?” I asked at, seemingly, just the wrong time.
 
As soon as we started walking past this one shop, the revealing lingerie and passionate colours a giveaway, Gary and Sam smirked at each other and I shook my head.
 
“Oh no way am I going in there to buy sexy underwear or toys that you think we should have.”
 
“Aww come on Dan, it will be fun, and what if there is something you like the look of? I’m sure Matt will appreciate it.” Gary said with a wink.
 
“Yeah Dan, besides if you make a scene out here, people will think you’re too much of a wimp to look in the shop.”
 
I knew they were goading me, but it would be easier just to humour them.
Sighing, I reluctantly let them drag me into the shop, though they were surprised I went along after so little teasing.
 
“Oooh, I could spend hours in here...” Sam kept saying to which Gary always said “You kinky bitch.” And Sam would then wink and dash to another part of the store.
Sam looked at Gary funny for a few seconds then went back to browsing; I thought nothing of it.
 
“Is there nothing you like Dan? Let’s have another look at those vibrators, I was wondering to keep one in case a girlfriend would like to try one in bed.” Gary said casually.
 
I laughed before rolling my eyes and letting him lead me into a different section of the shop.
 
Still not wanting to buy anything I told them I was leaving the shop to go to the toilet nearby. Hoping that what I’d bought Matt would be ok, I took my time going to the toilet, hoping they would be finished by the time I was.
My mind wandered to what Matt was thinking of getting me as he had even less to go on. I would smile at whatever he’d got; it was from him, what more did I want?
 
Seeing that they had indeed finished in the shop, I breathed a sigh of relief before walking back to the car with them. Stopping along the way to get pizza to take out, I was left with Sam whilst Gary went in to collect it.
“So, did you find anything you liked?” I asked, even though I half didn’t want to know the answer.
 
“Oh well...nothing for me, but I did get a few items for a friend.”
 
“For a friend? Why didn’t they go in themselves?”
 
“They’re too much of a prude.” Sam giggled.
 
“Right, ok.” I said bemused.
 
“Pizza isa hera.” Gary said as he returned in a terrible Italian accent.
 
“Gary stick to English, for god’s sake please!” Sam cried, as me and Gary chuckled.
 
“Let’s get out of here to eat before it gets cold.” I said and they agreed as Gary started the engine.
 
MATT-
 
Why was I so nervous about Dan liking my presents?
I bet Dan was feeling the same; it was silly, we would laugh at any mistakes we made, give each other a big kiss and a hug and that would be it. So why did I want it to go so right?
I pondered this question several times as I watched the snow fall lightly onto the ground as I prepared for an outing with friends to a snowball fight in the park just across the road from my house.
Being back in my hometown after spending so long at University was a welcome change. I could see all my friends I had had to leave behind during the term time and catch up on what had been going on.
 
“Dan would probably feel more at home if he saw us as we were, and that we aren’t perfect, that we have our quirks of doing things in our house.” Mum piped up as she stepped into the living room.
 
“I know, and I’m trying to just stay relaxed. Also...you don’t mind me and Dan...”
 
“Of course you can kiss in front of us, just don’t make it a ‘eat the other’s face’ kiss.” Mum giggled.
 
“Mum!”
 
She giggled again before adding “And before you ask, you have your Tower on Galwrock for...other escapades. I do not need to hear the bed creaking at 1am.”
I blushed scarlet.
 
“Oh Matthew, do you really think me and your dad are that stupid? We know you will have...gotten to know each other well.”
I laughed at her phrasing of it.
 
“Joking aside, I hope you took precautions. I hope Dan practices sex safely.”
 
“Mum...”
 
“I just want to be sure.”
 
“Oh god, I can’t believe I’m saying this. Yes when we did it, we did it safely.”
 
“Good. Now after that rather amusing conversation I will go prepare the veg for tonight’s meal. What time does he come over?”
 
“Errmm...he arrives at 4pm I think, mum,” my blushing still evident from the talk that had just happened.
 
“Ok. Well, make sure you pick him up from the train station, here’s some money for a taxi. No, you’re not walking him back with suitcases at that time in the dark, regardless of your power.”
 
I smiled, I was, even trying not to be arrogant, the most powerful individual on the planet, and yet my mother could still make me and Dan take a taxi back from the train station.
Almost as if reading my mind she said “Yes, mister, you may have all these gifts. But I’m still your mother, and you will do as you’re told in this house.” She tried to say it sternly, but I could see the warmth and humour in her eyes.
I just gave her a big hug for that which she returned with equal vigour.
 
“Thanks mum.”
 
“No problem. By the way, does Dan like parsnips?”
 
I gave a wicked grin.
 
“Dan eats whatever is put in front of him.”
 
Mum smiled back before shooing me away from the kitchen.
 
 
DAN-
 
“Are you sure this is a good outfit to go dressed as?” I moaned at Sam as she looked me over at what she had picked out for me for the first meal at Matt’s parents house.
She had chosen my close fitting jeans that outlined the curve of my thighs and arse. The dark blue denim was teamed with a dark crimson shirt, opened at the top slightly to reveal part of my chest.
 
“Yes, you look amazing in it.”
 
“Isn’t it a little errm, suggestive?”
 
“Sam, you know what I mean.”
 
“Dan, stop stressing, you look gorgeous. Always better to make this sort of impression than if you turned up in tracksuit bottoms!”
I rolled my eyes.
 
“Ok, ok fine, but if they are disapproving of my outfit I blame you.” I joked back.
 
Sam put her hands up in mock surrender.
 
“When does your train leave?” In...”
 
I checked my watch. “Shit! Half an hour!” I shouted.
 
“Gary will drive you to the station; just don’t forget to take that other package with you.”
 
“What is that by the way?”
 
“Wait until Christmas; otherwise you’ll spoil the surprise.” Sam said as she winked at Gary.
 
“You two have something planned, I know it.”
 
“Oh don’t go all conspiracy on us, just get your suitcase ready and take the packages with you.”
 
I shrugged on my winter coat before giving Sam a big hug and wishing her a happy Christmas.
 
“Merry Christmas Dan, don’t get too drunk. Good luck with the parents.”
 
“Way to put me at ease.” I replied.
 
She kissed me on the cheek before adding “Dan, honestly it will be fine, by the end of the night you will wonder what you even worried about.” She smiled.
 
“Thanks.” I smiled back.
 
“Get hopping! You have a train to catch.”
 
I nodded before packing everything into the car and Gary pulled away.
 
Breathing a huge sigh of relief I made it onto the train with a couple of minutes to spare.
I texted Matt to let him know I’d managed to make it onto the train, before getting out a book and letting the time flash by.
 
“The next station stop is Droitwich Spa.”
 
After I heard those words I marked where I was in the book before stopping, the next stop after this was Matt’s town and I didn’t want to miss it by being too engrossed in the book.
The station in Matt’s town only had two platforms; why I expected more I didn’t know, but as I stepped off the train the matter became obsolete.
Matt was standing there, in faded jeans and a casual top and I instantly felt overdressed. He saw me and his eyes nearly popped out of their sockets.
He came over quickly to grab some of the bags.
 
“Um...bloody hell Dan.”
 
He was blushing all over the place and I couldn’t help but chuckle.
 
“What’s the matter?” I said feeling playful.
 
He looked me up and down before saying “You bloody well know what.”
 
“I look ok then?”
 
He gave me a look that spoke the words ‘You don’t say’ perfectly.
I smirked before letting him bundle me into a taxi and set us on the journey towards his house.
The earlier playfulness was ebbing as my nerves returned.
 
“Oh Dan, relax. My mother was stressing down to whether or not you liked parsnips earlier so you’re not alone in being nervous.”
 
He gave me a one armed hug along with a kiss on the cheek which the taxi driver didn’t see.
 
After paying the driver and unloading the bags from the taxi, we walked up the pathway to his house.
It was a typical semi detached house, built around the 1960’s and it could have been one of many houses in the UK.
Matt checked the door; locked.
 
“Looks like we’re ringing the bell.” Matt smiled.
 
“Oh crap so I’ve got to meet them on the doorstep?”
 
Matt was about to reply before the door unlocked and a girl, who seemed a few years younger, answered the door.
 
“Hey Jade!” Matt said before making his sister move aside.
 
“Mum! Dad! Matt’s hot boyfriend is here!”
 
“Jade!” Matt started before she laughed and ran upstairs, presumably to pause the music I could hear.
 
Matt rolled his eyes before stepping into the house and stacking the bags up one wall in the hall.
 
“Did they hear her?” I asked, but my question was answered mere seconds later as another door opened and Matt’s parents stepped into the doorway.
I immediately blushed and stammered out a greeting.
 
“Matt, you were right.”Matt’s mother said warmly before coming towards me and saying hello. I’d never had to meet other people’s parents before and I didn’t know how to react. Fortunately Matt’s mother just pulled me into a hug and I didn’t protest.
 
“Um, thank you Mrs...”
 
“Oh no, not so formal please. This isn’t a formal house at all. Call me Tina.”
 
“So you’re the boy who dazzled our Matt.”
 
I turned to face Matt’s father. He was about the same height as me but much more built.
 
“I...well, yes I did.”
 
“Don’t be so nervous Daniel, we don’t bite.” He answered before taking my hand and shaking it firmly.
 
“Call me David.”
 
“Thanks, and thank you for letting me stay for Christmas, it was very nice of you to invite me.”
 
“I think Matt would have killed us if we’d said no, but we wanted you here. It’s nice to finally get to see the man our Matt has spoken so highly of.”
 
I turned to Matt and he blushed slightly.
 
“Good things only I promise.” Matt smiled.
 
He wrapped his arm round my waist as his parents retreated back into the living room and Matt ushered me in.
 
“So Daniel, what do you study at University?” David asked.
 
“Oh, I study maths.”
 
I could tell that won instant approval with his parents.
 
“You must be a really smart lad then Daniel.”
 
“He just doesn’t show it much.” Matt joked, making me swat him playfully.
 
“Be nice Matt.” Tina said and I smirked.
 
I happened to notice the pendants that they both wore like they did the first day I met Matt.
 
“If you don’t mind me asking. What are those pendants you have?” As soon as I’d said it, both of them looked at each other as if having a silent conversation.
 
“Matt, do you mind if we tell Dan?”
 
“No, no I don’t mind but...” He turned to face me. “...please don’t be scared of me after what they tell you.”
 
I was puzzled but just pulled Matt into my side and he laid his head on my shoulder as his parents began to tell me what happened.
 
“When Matt was first given these powers he couldn’t keep control all of the time. His emotions would drive him to intense states of mind, enhanced by his powers. We were told by the Lords that when this happened, we were to lock him in his room which they would protect from the rest of the house.”
I nodded for them to continue.
 
“However, one night Matt became unaware of his surroundings, the Energy in him wouldn’t let him recognise us and he lashed out. He caught David on the cheek with a tendril of Energy, causing a deep cut. Once Matt saw the blood he immediately regained control and sank to his knees sobbing.”
Matt was curled even tighter into me, he seemed ashamed.
 
“So what happened then?”
 
“David was patched up in a heartbeat by a Galwron and Matt consoled both by us and by Ailarha. In that instant Matt swore he would never harm us again and would make sure of it by fashioning us pendants that warded against his power.
He undertook a quest to reach into the deepest mountains of Galwrock to commune with the Ancients and ask for the crystal that could drain his power when directed against it.
Matt was successful, after over two months spent in the mountains alongside Hquaio. He later spent time in a forge and made these pendants, and Matt never lets us take them off.”
 
“Matt...Is this true?”
 
He nodded before taking a small ball of Energy and directing it at Tina’s amulet.
Even before the ball reached the crystal, the ball started to tear itself apart and disappeared.
 
“That day scared me Dan, it showed me how Energy can be indiscriminate and only the host that must be in the right state of mind can manipulate it safely. I vowed I would never let what happened that day occur once more.”
 
“You were young in your powers Matt, how could I ever think worse of you because of that story?”
 
“See why I love him so mum?” Matt smiled before pulling me into a kiss.
 
David made gagging noises jokingly whilst Tina smiled and told Matt to show me up to his room as we all laughed at David’s antics.
 
 
“Um...it’s a bit of a comedown from our room in the Tower.” Matt said blushing as he pushed the door open.
 
The room was small, barely large enough for the bed, a wardrobe and some chest drawers.
 
“Damn, that means I have to curl up even closer to you in bed, whatever will I do?” I smirked.
 
Matt just grinned back and we fell back onto his bed as I spooned him, kissing the back of his neck lightly and he sighed as I did so.
 
“I’ve missed you Dan, even though it’s only been a few days.”
 
“Me too Matt, I was so nervous about meeting your parents today but you were right, they are great.”
 
Matt turned round so we lay facing each other.
 
“I hope what happened in that story didn’t scare you.” Matt started.
 
“Shhh.” I said as I laid a finger on his lips.
 
“Wha...?” Matt tried to ask but found my lips in the way and it became muffled.
 
Pulling him in close I teased his lips with my tongue and there was no hesitation in letting me in.
 
“Stop eating each other!” Jade teased before running downstairs.
 
We broke apart with Matt blushing at being caught.
 
“We are allowed to do that in the house right?” I asked him.
 
He nodded “Yeah, but no sex. Mum said we have the Tower on Galwrock to do that.”
 
We both just giggled at each other before falling into a comfortable embrace.
 
It was after half an hour of cuddling, not even talking just content with holding each other, when Tina called down and asked for help laying the table.
There were no special plates, no special cutlery, just a simple, honest Sunday roast dinner.
 
“Daniel sit down, Matt will bring your food in.” David said warmly before going to swat Matt into the kitchen, making both of us laugh.
 
“Your meal sir.” Matt said mockingly as he placed my food on the table.
 
“Hmmm, not bad but it would be so much better if the waiter had only a bow tie and a skimpy pair of underwear on.” I smirked.
 
“Dan I’m afraid the only meat on offer right now is what’s on your plate.” David replied with a mischievous smile.
 
“Dad!” Matt cried, blushing bright red, as did I.
 
“What?” He replied with fake innocence. “Maybe you can save it for midnight supper?”
 
The whole table roared with laughter me and Dan included although still with a pink tinge to our cheeks.
 
“I think we should move very swiftly onto pulling the Christmas crackers.” Matt said quickly and I nodded immediately.
 
The rest of Matt’s family smirked and agreed as we all pulled the crackers in front of us with the person next to us.
With paper hats firmly in place and rubbish jokes told we tucked into the food.
Matt’s mum had put on a splendid meal; layers of roast beef lightly drizzled with gravy were surrounded by roast potatoes and various vegetables. As I tucked in a chorus of mmm’s and other sounds of approval echoed around the table.
 
Light conversation was held, little family stories were told and other small questions were asked of me by Matt’s parents.
I couldn’t help but feel part of the family already. I was finding out some of their little quirks already and I loved how they didn’t hide those. I never gave a false answer either. I answered every question, even when his parents wanted to know how many previous ‘acquaintances’ I had had.
Matt let me tell a much shortened version of the background of my life and Matt’s parents, although sympathetic, didn’t pity me once, which I was very thankful for.
A wonderful dessert followed to which even more sounds of approval rang out as Jade played the ‘sounds like we’re orgasming’ comment, to which she got a look from her mum and Matt chuckled.
 
“Simon’s here!” Jade called out.
 
“Ok Jade, just be back before 10pm and make sure Simon walks you back.” Tina said the mother’s tone unmistakeable.
 
“I will mum. Oh, nice to meet you Dan, don’t eat Matt too much will you.” She winked before dashing out of the door.
 
I blushed yet again and Matt actually kept from blushing, instead just giving me a knowing look which made me blush even harder.
 
“Can I help with the washing up, Tina?” I asked, both being polite and trying to find something else to keep my mind off blushing.
 
“Certainly not Daniel, you’re a guest. Just relax, take Matt upstairs I know the both of you are dying to get your hands on each other.”
 
We both blushed hard again at that and both David and Tina laughed at our reaction.
Matt took my hand and slowly led me upstairs.
 
“What are you up to Matt?” I asked and the only answer I got was a sly smile.
 
‘Oooh someone is going to have fun tonight.’ Sarala chuckled as the pair of them had a silent conversation.
 
“What’s going on?” I asked suspiciously.
 
“Shhh Dan, relax, it’s a good thing I promise.” Matt said as he silenced me with a kiss.
 
After we got into his room Matt closed the door, locked it and then placed a rune on the door.
 
“And that rune does what exactly?”
 
“That rune, Dan, is a Rune of Silence. No sound can enter or exit this room.”
 
Coupled with the sly grin on his face I knew what he meant to do.
 
“But your mum said...”
 
“She meant sex as in ‘sex’.” Matt lifted an eyebrow. “She didn’t say we couldn’t do other things.” Matt said, the same wicked grin on his face.
 
I returned the wicked grin before pushing him onto the bed.
We were thankful of the Rune.
 
 
 
 
Thank you to all of you who are sticking with me regardless of my erratic posting! I aim to try and write more now my exam period is nearly over :) I'd love to know what you think of the chapter, story, whatever do to with Seeing Double :) Leave a review, pm me or comment in the thread (link is above) :)

Thanks for continuing to read! hugs to all readers :)

Copyright © 2011 Agaith; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Stu,

 

This has to be one of your longer chapters. You covered a lot of ground here. I am glad to see parents who support their children. Nice to see that a family can also be made of friends who truly care. While nothing new was introduced you did give us a good sense of how close these two have become. With the threat of war hanging over their heads, constant prep for battle, and little time to just relax this chapter was something of a relief. Glad to have it and yeah, just want the next one soon.

 

Wayne

Link to comment
On 05/27/2011 06:38 AM, comicfan said:
Stu,

 

This has to be one of your longer chapters. You covered a lot of ground here. I am glad to see parents who support their children. Nice to see that a family can also be made of friends who truly care. While nothing new was introduced you did give us a good sense of how close these two have become. With the threat of war hanging over their heads, constant prep for battle, and little time to just relax this chapter was something of a relief. Glad to have it and yeah, just want the next one soon.

 

Wayne

Thanks Wayne! Yeah this one and the next chapter are some of the longest chapters ive written, only the Owen chapter was longer than the next one lol. Im glad it seems a relief, it was supposed to be a break from the threat of war :) The break doesnt last long though hehe :P Thanks for reading Wayne :hug:
Link to comment

I really enjoyed this chapter. Not only was it well written, but I enjoyed that even though it's been a long time since Dan and Matt were on Earth, the relationships formed didn't become weird and distant. Sam and Gary did an amazing job, and so did Matt's parents. I'm Matt's parents are really worried, but in a sense, have accepted that there is some sort of risk involved which they haven't accepted as fate, but have encouraged their son to live life as much as possible and give a lightening environment for Matt.

 

Dan and Matt both have contributions towards the relationship which make these two whole. We get to understand how they act on Earth, as if none of the war/drama/luxuries of Galwrok were available. I think it gives a more common, relateable side to the two towards the readers. Even something as simple as getting a Christmas present still bother each other, and meeting the parents still made each other nervous.

 

 

I believe most of us would love to acquire a Rune of Silence. :D I look forward to reading more, this is a great story you've built up and I really hope my earlier predictions on the forum thread aren't going to come true... (cuz that'd suck)

Link to comment
On 05/27/2011 06:57 PM, J.T. said:
I really enjoyed this chapter. Not only was it well written, but I enjoyed that even though it's been a long time since Dan and Matt were on Earth, the relationships formed didn't become weird and distant. Sam and Gary did an amazing job, and so did Matt's parents. I'm Matt's parents are really worried, but in a sense, have accepted that there is some sort of risk involved which they haven't accepted as fate, but have encouraged their son to live life as much as possible and give a lightening environment for Matt.

 

Dan and Matt both have contributions towards the relationship which make these two whole. We get to understand how they act on Earth, as if none of the war/drama/luxuries of Galwrok were available. I think it gives a more common, relateable side to the two towards the readers. Even something as simple as getting a Christmas present still bother each other, and meeting the parents still made each other nervous.

 

 

I believe most of us would love to acquire a Rune of Silence. :D I look forward to reading more, this is a great story you've built up and I really hope my earlier predictions on the forum thread aren't going to come true... (cuz that'd suck)

Thanks fmd! I'm glad that this chapter showed that, strip back all that has gone on during their time on Galwrock, there still lies two ordinary people, with ordinary fears and worries over what each would like for Christmas :) It is a sort of calm before the storm chapter this one I will allow you to know.. make of that what you will 0:) And yes wouldnt we all love a Rune of Silence ;) Lovely review fmd and thanks for reading! :D
Link to comment

OOH! Crackers! :wizard: awesome ^_^

its a fun fun chapter!

wonder what matt and dan are upto now? ^_^

Can't wait for the next chapter. Calm before the storm, ey? ;)

Link to comment

I loved it Stuby, and you know why I loved it. :wub:

 

That was a very relaxed time, so enjoyable, and funny.

 

I saw so much more in this than most would. But I was there, because you have that skill to transport your readers into just what is happening.I'm straight onto the next. And cant wait to read...well done precious :wub:

Link to comment
On 05/28/2011 05:25 AM, Frostina said:
OOH! Crackers! :wizard: awesome ^_^

its a fun fun chapter!

wonder what matt and dan are upto now? ^_^

Can't wait for the next chapter. Calm before the storm, ey? ;)

LOL thanks frosty so glad you're enjoying it :)
Link to comment
On 08/01/2011 10:56 PM, Mark92 said:
I loved it Stuby, and you know why I loved it. :wub:

 

That was a very relaxed time, so enjoyable, and funny.

 

I saw so much more in this than most would. But I was there, because you have that skill to transport your readers into just what is happening.I'm straight onto the next. And cant wait to read...well done precious :wub:

Yeah this was to show that even amongst all the craziness that has gone on, there can still be times for family :) glad to see you love it still :):wub: love you baby :wub:
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..