Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,010 Words
  • 6,964 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Colorado Game - 31. Chapter 31

CHAPTER *31*

I stepped past Walt into the office with more than a little trepidation, not really knowing what to expect. I wasn't nervous, really. I guess I was curious was a better word. I'd heard so much about him, and all of it bad; I was curious to see if it was all true. Behind me, the door closed softly.

The office itself was nicely decorated; not too modern or opulent and the desk was placed so that the occupant behind it was sitting with his back to the tall windows behind him. The person sitting there now was working on a laptop.

"I'll be with you in a moment, Walt, just a sec."

His voice was soft and youthful and he didn't look up immediately, instead intently looking at the screen in front of him. It gave me the opportunity to study him.

Kyle was indeed very handsome, or sexy as Ross had called him. He had a small black mustache and his complexion was golden, not plain brown as I'd expected. More like one of us white people who tan on regular bases. He wore a white shirt, which seemed even whiter because of his skin color, of which the top buttons were opened, no tie; the sleeves he had rolled up. That's about as far as I got; then he looked up and our eyes met.

His were two burning pools of brown and he held the stare for a little while. Then the corner of his sharp mouth lifted up into a sardonic smile. He rose from his chair, revealing a pair of black pants and a waistline that would have many, man or woman, jealous.

"I'm sorry, I thought you were Walter. I have to say, Mark... you don't mind if I call you Mark, right?" I shook my head. "Good. I have to say," he continued, coming around the desk, "that I was nervous this morning. Finally I'd get to meet the guy who took my place. Tell me, were you nervous?"
He stopped about two paces in front of me, cocking an eyebrow questioningly.

"No," I answered, a little cool. "But I was curious. Curious to see if you really are the bastard I was told so much about."

He deflected my words with a smile and I got the feeling that I had just lost the first confrontation.

"You're not wasting any time with smooth talk. I like that. I'll repay that in kind; most of what you heard is true but if you'd allow me, I'll tell you my side of the story. I think it's... prudent before we start working together and only fair. I am allowed to defend myself, don't you agree? Sit, please." He gestured to a sitting area in the corner. "Coffee, tea?"
I took a seat in a comfortable chair.

"Coffee's fine," I replied. "Black."
He set a cup in front of me, on a low table, and sat down opposite me on a sofa. He sat back, seemingly relaxed.

"So... what's Sofia been telling you about me? How is the old bat?"

"I don't think..."

"You'll leave the thinking to me, especially where Sofia Forester's concerned. I know very well how... persuasive she can be. Let me guess; I'm a gold digger, an opportunist and I broke the heart of her pride and joy. How am I doing so far?"

"Not bad. Is it true?"

"Am I a gold digger? No, I just like money, I'm not afraid to admit that. Am I an opportunist? Hell yes. Did I break Ross's heart? Not before he broke mine." I narrowed my eyes at him and his coolly reciprocated. "There are two sides to every story. Of course Ross would tell it to his advance, as would I. The truth lies somewhere in the middle."

"You cheated on him," I said.

"Not before he cheated on me."

"Excuse me? He didn't cheat on you."

"I don't recall you being there so keep your prejudice out of this please. He didn't cheat on me with another man, no, but with his work; which, if you think about it, is worse. With another man you can compete. But work? No. Did he tell you about that?" I thought for a moment. Yes, in fact, Ross had told me about that, so I nodded. "That's mighty big of him, to finally admit that. So what else has he told you?"

"That you met in college, then again in Mexico and he told me about Miami, and that you couldn't keep it in your pants even then."
Kyle smirked.

"True. I wanted him to love me, be with me. Instead, he was always gone on business trips. At first it worked, but intimacy over the phone only works for so long; one way or another you want the real thing. So yes, I went out and got it. I was lonely."

"You're breaking my heart," I said, sarcastically.

"I'm not looking for approval or sympathy from you. The future will prove my point."
He said that with such conviction; as if he was sure it would happen to me as well. He laughed bitterly.

"Once the honeymoon is over, you'll see. He'll be gone for weeks, on trips to god knows where. He'll buy you gifts. He'll call. He'll be cute and convincing. You'll begin to have doubts. Then the phone relationship begins. First it'll start innocent but it won't take long before you're in your bed, alone, feeling yourself up with his voice whispering in your ear, telling you what to do. And then the special... ehr... ‘gifts'. Toys... I remember..."
He seemed to recall something funny but he shook his head.
"Never mind; suffice to say that it drove me in the arms of other men, to try and find an actual person to love, not some twisted erotic idea is Ross Forester's head."

"You're disgusting," I said, rising up. "I've heard enough."
Kyle shrugged and stood as well.

"Maybe. But it's the truth. Ask him."

andr0gene 2004-Present; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 15
  • Love 1
  • Wow 2
  • Angry 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Goodness , what a twisted revelation , the feeling is that it’s more than likely , mostly the truth. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..