Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,323 Words
  • 16,437 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part II - 26. Chapter 26

CHAPTER 26 --==Kit’s POV==--

For the first time since I started working for dad, I experienced a long, tedious, boring day. Time crept by so slowly, not helped by the fact that I hadn’t seen Tom this morning. Due to his punishment being lifted, he wasn’t woken up by dad at six. And Tay hadn’t helped by declaring that I leave his nephew alone so he could sleep in. Bah. Strike one in my plan to at least have a nice start of the day with a nice and long good-morning kiss. The whole time breakfast lasted I kept hoping he had an internal clock at decent human hours and make him appear. Trust me to pick the wrong guy; apparently he didn’t have one, probably happily snoring away still, while I sat here, my mood souring by the minute.

Add to that the realization that I did not have his email address, and my phone being out of juice upon arrival at the office, then finding out I didn’t bring my charger, and my day did not start off exactly as I’d envisioned it. I was grumpy for it, eliciting more than a few raised eyebrow moments from dad.

I hadn’t slept much. All night long, my mind was flooded with anything Tom. The way he’d felt beneath me as we kissed, how he’d kissed me back; as the night progressed, I’d developed a boner that throbbed to the level of painful and a need to release as I’d never experienced before. I’d done so and the thing still hadn’t fully died down when I actually slept for maybe an hour. When I woke, I’d been back at full mast, taking care of it in the shower.

Great, now I was on the rise again. Wonderful.

By noon, I was ready to blow up on anyone who came near me. My mind was playing all sorts of tricks on me, a particular one driving me completely nuts; I got the bright idea that Tom might be texting me. And I couldn’t answer. He surely would be awake by now and…

“Hey Kit, is he in?”

“Huh?”
I blinked and looked up, straight into the expectant face of Kelly, the head of the HR department, tapping here teeth with her phone as she waiting for my answer.
“Oh, hey Kelly. No, sorry, he’s not. Wanna leave a message?”

“No, that’s ok, I’ll come back later. Any idea when he’ll be back in.”
I stared at her hand. Her phone…
“Kit?”

“Umm, no, he didn’t leave a time behind. Kel…can I see your phone for a sec?”

“Sure.”
She handed it to me and I couldn’t believe my luck; it was the same one I have.

“You wouldn’t happen to have your charger with you, right?”

“Yeah, it’s back in my office,” she answered, jerking her thumb over her shoulder. “But I…”

“Awesome,” I cut her off, “can I borrow it? We have the same phone, but mine’s out of juice. I kinda need it.”

“Sure, no problem, it’s on my desk. Just put it back once you’re done with it, ok?” she answered, looking at her watch. “I gotta run, interview at 12:15. Tell him, when he’s back, I have two candidates for that opening we have at the warehouse.”

“Will do!” I yelled over my shoulder, hurrying to her office. I practically launched myself at her desk when I located the charger; even made it back in record time to my own desk and my hands were actually shaking when I hooked up the phone.
“C’mon, c’mon…turn on, you piece of…”

Beep.

“YESS!”
I guess I looked kinda stupid, pumping the air with both fists like I’d won the lottery; several heads appeared above monitors.

The battery appeared in full screen and I thumbed the phone on, entering my code to let it boot. My heart actually skipped a beat when it chimed several times, indicating there were messages. Quickly scrolling, my fingers flying over the screen until I found the texting app, I noted there were several from dad. Annoyed, I scrolled further down until…
There. There was a message from Tom. He’d sent it at 7:55a.m.
Groaning I thumbed it; he’d been awake for hours! Damn, damn, double damn…

[Thx for last night. X.]

X?

Oh! A kiss!
I stared at it with, I guess, a goofy expression for ages. He’d given me a kiss. I hit the reply button.

<You’re welcome. Sorry for the late reply, phone died. Whacha doin? Love, K.>

When I hit send I realized I’d forgotten to add my own kiss. Hitting my forehead, chiding myself, I entertained the thought of sending another one. Why the hell not…

<XxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXxXxXxXxXx XxXxXxXxXxXxXx>
The whole screen was filled with X’s. I hit send again. About a minute later, the chime sounded.

[Nerd] I got back.

I grinned.

<So whacha doin? Miss me?>

From there, the texting went on in a steady stream. Apparently, Tay had given him permission to move the stuff back into his room. And no, he didn’t miss me. Grrr…little shit.
Then I asked if he wanted to watch a movie that night, to which the reply was positive. Asking me what movie I planned, I told him it’d be a surprise, but that he had himself a date. I grinned to myself; I had the perfect movie in mind.

**********

We returned home a little after six. All afternoon we’d been texting to the point that I lost count of the amount. Dad had actually ordered me to put the phone away for at least ten minutes, or he’d take it away. Those had been the longest ten minutes of my life.

“What is up with you,” he asked again, when we drove through the gate and parked in front of the garages, frowning when I’d already opened the door even before he’d come to a full stop.
I grinned stupidly.

“I got a date.”
That one sure did earn me a raised eyebrow, be it an amused one.

“That why you’ve been in a funk and buried your nose in that phone all day?”

“Yeah. Sorry.”

“Should’ve told me it was for a good cause,” Dad replied, sending me a wink. “Where you gonna take him?”

“My room. We’re just gonna watch a movie.”

Just watch a movie. Sure…”
Okay, so probably not. I at least hoped for a nice kissing session.

“Dad…”

“Am I going to have to have the talk with you again?”
He couldn’t hide the mischievous glint in his eyes.

“No, I think I’m fine in that department, thanks.”
Dad narrowed his eyes a little.

“You will be careful, won’t you, Kit? Safe?”
I felt my cheeks heat up.
“Kit? Promise me…”

“I’m not stupid, Dad…”

“I know you’re not, but it takes two to tango. And I’m not stupid, either; my son or not, when it comes down to the basics, you’re just another guy, itching to have fun. Like the rest of us. Do you have protection?”

“DAD!”

“Listen to me, Kit; I know what can happen when things get…heated. So? Do you have protection?”
Embarrassed, I nodded.

I had picked up a pack yesterday, when Tom had been goading me about that little problem I’d had when I woke up with him. Not that I was exactly planning on having sex, but I just wanted to be prepared in case it did happen.

“Yeah, I have protection.”

“Good. I’ll have Taylan have a talk with Tom, then.”
Oh good god…

Whipping my head around and staring at him, unable to hide my dread at the prospect, I could practically see the glee in dad’s eyes, followed by a chuckle when he saw my reaction.

“You’re so easy.”

“Not funny, dad. That was just…low. That’s Taylan’s department.”
I exited the car, followed by his laughter all the way to the door.

andr0gene 2005-present
  • Like 20
  • Love 9
  • Haha 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 08/04/2011 03:26 AM, Frostina said:
Awesome date planned then :P

Does that have a 'A' touch? :P

It might. It might not. :P
Link to comment

Thanks for the update...Love it Kit and Tom are sooooo cute. Can't wait for their date and I'm hoping we get to see Tay and Tom's talk about the birds and the bees...I miss Tay. great update. thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..