Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,779 Words
  • 6,116 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Confounded: Part II - 48. Chapter 48

CHAPTER 48 --==Tom’s POV==--

I stared at Jay’s comment with mixed feelings. On the one side, I wanted to really bash his brains in, and make it permanent, this time. On the other; why the hell should I care what he thought or wanted, being pretty much done with him. So instead of replying, I just closed the chat box. Screw him. I shouldn't have accepted all requests; I looked for a way to block him.
It popped up again when he typed something more, showing the previous comment and a new one.

{Love the new Christian look you’ve got going on. What’s next; go sell candies for charity?}

Chewing the inside of my cheek, I saw that he was still typing. My fingers were itching to respond. He’d always had that effect on me; always needling, saying something that I just had to reply to, making my blood boil like no one else.

{So who’s screwing who? I bet you’re letting him do it to you, huh? You’ve always taken it lying down.}

Growling softly, I cursed at the screen. He wanted to go there? Fine.
I guess I cared enough for one last retort.

[Listen here; whenever you feel the need to talk, do me a favor. Let it pass. You really are a sad, fat little man, Jay…a bully and a waste of space and I’m happy to say you’re fully dead to me now. -1 Brother.]

It didn’t take him all that long to reply, and I could just imagine him as I’d seen so many times, his laptop in his lap, his chubby fingers racing over the keys.

{Fucking fags. When that Mexican beaner died, I couldn’t have been happier. The only good fag is a dead one. I pissed on his grave, did you know that? Best leak ever.}
{Maybe I’ll go back and take a crap on it, too.}
{I’ll do the same on yours, you little cocksucker. You shouldn’t have told on me. Kept your mouth shut. Now? You better stay in Fag Central over there. I see your face again, it’s you who ends up in the hospital. You’re dead, man.}

I nearly exploded, I got so angry about what he just said and was about to reply with another scathing answer; then I paused, withdrawing my hands from the keyboard, breathing hard to quell my anger.

“Fuck you, Jay,” I mumbled. “Tay?” I then yelled, keeping my eyes on the screen. Another message popped up, and I thought to myself, smiling grimly at the screen keep on talking, jerk…the more you say, the deeper that dark hole they’ll put you in. Jackass.

And another, and another, each one becoming more crude and vile than the other. He was on a roll, showing his true nature now; rotten to the core. God, what a total piece of crap.

“What’s up?” Taylan answered, appearing in the doorway.
Nodding to the screen, I pushed off, rolling back a ways so he could read it.

“Take a look.”

Curiously, he came in and, resting his hands on the desk, read what was on the screen. His eyebrows rose the more he read and, glancing sideways, his mouth became a thin line, his eyes hardening. Oh wow…he’d been mad at me before, but this was something else.

“I see. Do me a favor; get my phone. It’s in the kitchen.”
Lifting my chin to acknowledge, I got up and went to get it for him.

When I returned, I saw that a lot more lines had been added to the conversation; but Taylan wouldn’t let me near the laptop, blocking me from reading it by pressing a hand to my chest, shaking his head.

“It’s better that you don’t see the rest. No, Tom, don’t; it’s not pretty. Give me the phone, please, and go wait in the kitchen.”

“Okay…but…”

“Kitchen, Tom.” He motioned with his head, already dialing. “Go.”

Bringing the phone to his ear, he followed me to the door, then closed it as I walked out.

“Roman? It’s me,” was the last I heard, as the door fell into the lock, “Is Jay at work? He is? Oh goo...”

And for some reason, a weight seemed to leave me, one I hadn’t realized had been there.

I wasn’t alone in this.

Not anymore.

**********

When Taylan appeared back in the kitchen, roughly half an hour later, I was warming my hands on a steaming mug of coffee, slowly sipping it. I’d already gone for a smoke to calm down, contemplating to go for another just as he returned. When I looked up, meeting his gaze, I knew something serious had happened. But I wasn’t worried. I would be fine. My hands were shaking, though; adrenaline was still rushing through me.

I had resisted the urge to text Kit, who then promptly had texted himself, asking why I wasn’t responding, to which I replied that something had come up. He called but I let it get to voicemail. Not to be a dick, or because I didn’t want to talk; but if I did talk to him, I knew I’d just tell him what’d happened and he’d go all protective on me again. Not that I minded that, but it wasn’t necessary. Downside probably was that I’d get flack for it from him, once he found out, but that was fine; there was nothing he could do.

“So…?” I asked, raising an eyebrow as Taylan went for a mug and poured coffee for himself. Then he came over and sat right beside me.

We sat there, me eating myself up inside, wanting to ask, him keeping silent, quietly sipping. Deeply sighing, he sat back.

“So I’m very proud of you,” he finally replied, “c’mere.” Setting his mug on the table, he slid an arm around my shoulders and pulled me against him. “And so is your dad. That was a very wise choice to make, calling me in to see what he said to you, instead of going after him yourself.”

“I kinda still want to,” I admitted. “What he said…”
That stuff about Sandro’s grave? Oh man, I so would love two minutes alone with Jay in a dark alley.

“But you didn’t, and you’re not going to, are you?"
When I kept quiet, he shook me.
Are you?”

“I won’t,” I answered, grudgingly.

“Promise?”

“Yeah.”

“Don’t make me invoke the Kit-Protocol.”
That made me smirk, moving out of the hug.

“The Kit-Protocol?” I echoed.

“Oh yeah. Invoked it the last time, don’t you remember? Put him on your ass, watch you.”
Hmm…

“That’s not so bad. I don’t think I’d mind it, this time.”
I grinned and he winked back.

“No, I guess you don’t. Well…Jay will be having a talk with the police, very soon; your dad is gonna see to that. I gave Roman the gist and sent a screenshot and your dad is…umm…well, he went through the roof, basically. He already had a strong talk with Jay, a couple days ago, which didn’t go very well. Now he’s pretty much done. He confiscated his laptop. Also, we may have to provide your laptop, as proof, if they ask for it. And…”
Pausing there, he looked a bit worried there.
“…you may be asked to come in for a statement.”

“Sure,” I answered. “It’ll be my fucking pleasure.”
His hand connected hard with the back of my head.
“Sorry…”

“Forgiven.”
Taylan smiled.
“But it also means you can’t use your laptop, for the time being.”

“Oh.”
Crap.
“Well, that sucks.”

“Just until we know they need it or not. I don’t think they do, as they will have his to look over. But, just to be certain, use Kit’s computer in the meantime; I’m sure he won’t mind. And promise me you won't respond to Jay on that computer.”

“Okay.”

“Did you tell Kit yet? About all this?”
I shook my head.
“You better talk to him, then; while this was going on, he was getting pretty agitated. Kept sending you chat messages.”

Right.

I scooted back from the table. Might as well do it now, before he went nuclear for being ignored.

**********

Logging onto Facebook© again, on Kit’s computer and as Tay said, Jay's was still there; apparently it didn't matter where you logged on, it would show. I closed it, as promised. I didn't want to read his filth anyway. I selected the chat with Kit from the top instead; it showed a whole bible of messages. Seriously, there were like a hundred, ranging from ‘hello?’ to ‘where are you??’ to a crying ‘:,(
Damn.

>Hey< I typed.

[Hey baby!]
I smiled at the screen, then rolled my eyes when I realized I was doing it. God. He was ruining me, making me soft.
[Missed you! Xxx]

>Sorry for not responding. Something happened, I had to take care of.<

[You could at least say you missed me too, you jerk. :( ]

>Sorry.<

[Tell me you missed me, dammit. Tell me NOW!]
[ ;) ]
I snickered.

>So demanding. Fine. Missed you too, honey buns. Sweetie pie. Kiss kiss.<

[Still a dick.]

>I’d prefer to say in person. :P <

[Noted. I’ll hold you to that! I’ll collect those kisses in person. Booyah! :D ]
[So… what happened then?]

I quickly typed an explanation on what’d happened, summarizing it.

[OMG!]
And then;
[I’ve never UNfriended someone before. I just did. :/ ]

Oh yeah, definitely making me soft. I got this little punch in the stomach, when he said that. Then, when my phone buzzed and his name scrolled over the screen, it happened again.

“Hi,” I said, picking up.

“I can’t believe he said that to you,” Kit’s voice sounded.
Just hearing him made me feel all gooey inside. Uch. Really in love, then. If I wasn’t sure already, I was now. It felt very good.
“You okay?”

“Yeah. Fine. I’m just…done with him, y’know?”
He fell silent for a while.

“No, not really. I don’t have a brother. Always wanted one. Or a sister. Like Alia…”
Meh.

“Alia’s a pain in the ass.”

“No, she’s not. And she makes great pictures!”
Chuckling, I had to agree. In the background, I heard his name called.
“Hold on; Dad’s yelling…”
Deeply sighing, he spoke again a few seconds later.
“I gotta go; there’s some problem again at the warehouse. I hate that place; always something wrong there. And it’s filthy, dust everywhere…”

I grinned. He was such a neat freak.

“..’k, see ya tonight.”

“Love you!”

“Mhm,” I answered.

“Dick.”
He didn’t hang up.
“Well…?”

”Well what?” I replied, playing dumb.

Tom!
Too easy.

“Yeah, yeah, love you too.”

“Woohooo!”
Moron.

Thank you, Tim. :) 
andr0gene 2005-present
  • Like 30
  • Love 11
  • Haha 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Yes ! Tom did the clever thing and got his nasty brother with a Tay missile. :evil:

Oh and Taylan had better extract the same promise of non-involvement from Kit. Otherwise I think he'll go all out protective next time he and Tom meets Jay.

Nice to know that they are equally in love, even if Kit is more vocal. or chatty or - whatever :)

Link to comment

It just keeps getting better and better. Good on Tom for calling Tay in to check out Jay's comments. I love the way toy mix the dialogue with inner thoughts. It works so well...cheers...Gary...hope there is more to come :boy:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Loved both part I and II \Anxiously waiting for the next chapter

The story is so full of love just makes my day!

Please don't make us wait too long before ur next chapter

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 01/10/2015 10:02 AM, long1jo said:
Loved both part I and II \Anxiously waiting for the next chapter

The story is so full of love just makes my day!

Please don't make us wait too long before ur next chapter

I am writing, but corrently on another project. I hope to return to this soon. I may use bits from what I currently write. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/09/2014 12:09 PM, Headstall said:
It just keeps getting better and better. Good on Tom for calling Tay in to check out Jay's comments. I love the way toy mix the dialogue with inner thoughts. It works so well...cheers...Gary...hope there is more to come :boy:

Gary gets a bit of dialogue, soon. ;)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..