Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 1,135 Words
  • 10,016 Views
  • 3 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The House Always Wins - 4. Chapter 4

CHAPTER 4

He took a hold of my elbow again, tightly as a vise. I tried to yank it free, but I might as well have saved me the trouble; he didn't let go, even tightening his grip a little more.

"Jesus, who are you; Hulk Hogan?" I groaned softly and he released his grip a bit.

The strides he took had me almost jogging beside him, and I was a little out of breath by the time we arrived in what was clearly his office. We had to take a private elevator up to get there, and when the doors opened; it revealed a room that seemed fitting for him: glass, steel and lots of windows. On one side, Vegas life streamed by; on the other, I could look down straight into the security room through tinted glass. Wall-to-wall screens could be seen in that area, and a staircase lead down from the office into the room, but I couldn't hear any sounds.

"Sit down," he snapped, grabbing the phone and dialed, waiting for someone to pick up. "Send Carly up here, will you?"

He sat down and planted his elbows on his desk, fixing those icy blue eyes on mine. I grew pretty uncomfortable after about a minute of this and looked away.

"Why am I here? If you're gonna call the police, call them," I said, softly.

"What was the plan; take him for all he had on him? Hmm? Go up to his room, let him do his thing with you and then wait until he slept? Did you really think you could come in here and steal from our guests?"

"What! No, I..."

"Oh, please save it. I know how you boys operate. Who's your pimp? Eddie?"

Just then, footsteps quickly came up the stairs and I looked behind me, relieved to see Carly Johnson appearing from below.

"JJ? What's going on... why aren't you..." she spoke, before being interrupted sharply.

"You know this piece of work?" the man asked, frowning.

"Carly," I sighed, "thank god. Could you please tell this...dickhead who I am, and that I'm not a hustler?"

She winced and covered her eyes with her hand, groaning. Then she wiggled her finger between me and the man behind the desk.

"Michael...meet JJ; JJ meet Michael Black, the owner of the Europa Hotel/Casino. He's my boss, JJ, so I think you might wanna tone it down a little."

Oops.

"Sorry," I whispered in Mr. Black's direction, groaning inwardly. Great move, JJ.

"Carly, you seem to know this foulmouthed creature. Care to explain?"

"Remember that guy I told you about, that got hit in the head at our entrance a few days ago?"

Mr. Black thought for a moment, and then nodded once.

"That was JJ."

"I see," he replied, slowly. "So we help you, arrange medical care for you, and this is how you pay us back?"

"Michael... what did he do?"

"We caught him in the bar, hustling. He was about to go upstairs with one of the guests from the conference."

"What! No... JJ? Please tell me that's not what happened?"

I slipped deeper into my seat, blushing.

"Oh my god. Why?"

It went completely silent, with both of them staring me down until I cracked and started to ramble out what had happened.

"Okay, I was on my way out; I saw the entrance to the casino, thought ‘what the hell' and tried a few slots. Before I knew it, all my money was gone. So I went to the bar, to buy a drink with the last of my money, and then go. But this guy came on to me, not the other way around, I swear. He offered me a thousand and...I was broke. What was I supposed to do?"

Carly sighed deeply and rubbed her forehead.

"And you're certain he came on to you?" Mr. Black frowned, tilting his head.

It seemed like he didn't want to believe me, but I nodded.

"I swear. I didn't want to make any trouble but..."

I stopped talking when he held up his finger and grabbed the phone again.

"Send me the footage of cameras two and three from the lounge. Give me the last half hour."

He took a remote from his desk and switched on a screen; about half a minute later, I saw myself sitting at the bar, at the left side of the split screen; on the right, Mr. Pastel could be seen sitting with his colleagues.

The scene played itself out; I came in, dropping my backpack to the floor and taking a seat at the bar; me looking around, Mr. Pastel walking past me, slowing down; him coming back and sending me a drink and then all three of us saw Mr. Pastel rubbing himself, after he had sent me that drink. Mr. Black switched the screen off at that point, tapping his teeth with the remote.

"Hmmm... It appears you're telling the truth. Still, that doesn't excuse you from the intent. You did accept his money, and you were about to go up. We have a strict policy here of no prostitution, male or female."

I blushed and bit my lower lip.

"I'm not a prostitute..." I said softly.

"So you say. It doesn't prove that you haven't done anything like this before, at another hotel or ano..."

"Michael," Carly interrupted, "he's nineteen, and was just kicked out of his home because he was caught fooling around with a guy. I believe him. He saw a chance to get some money and yes, it was stupid but..."

"I never even slept with a guy before..." I confessed, interrupting her in turn, speaking barely above a whisper. "But how do I prove that, huh? I can't...go back. I have no money, nowhere to go..."

She put her hand on my shoulder and squeezed softly when I started to sniffle. God, I hate crying but I just...you know?

"Shhh, it'll be okay. Michael, can't we help him? He needs a place to stay and some money. Do you wanna throw him out on his ear for making a mistake? All he needs is a chance..."

I avoided looking at Mr. Black, and wiped my eyes.

"Alright," he answered after a minute of silence. "Carly, leave us alone for a while. I'd like to talk to JJ in private. I might be able to help."

She thanked him and squeezed my shoulder one more time. I looked up and sent her a silent thank you of my own.

"Oh, and Carly? Find out who this guest is, and throw him out. I don't want to see his face here, ever again."

She promised to take care of it and left, leaving me alone again with him.

andr0gene 2004-Present
  • Like 26
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well that was an interesting turnabout. Question is have if he watched it on camera the first time why didn't HE see the come on from pastel guy and immediately blame JJ.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I like the slow set up for the rest of the story. Things happen along the way and it's all very interesting and it all leads to this. Nice, not all in your face in the first chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..