Jump to content
    Andr0gene
  • Author
  • 671 Words
  • 13,284 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The House Always Wins - 25. Chapter 25

CHAPTER 25

When I got back after about forty minutes, I was surprised to find Michael home already, and I got the distinct feeling that something was just not right. Both he and Olivia were in the living room facing each other, and his posture was a little...aggressive.

Both of them looked at me, halting the conversation they'd been having, the last of which I'd captured as the doors of the elevator opened, with Michael's voice saying ‘please, don't say a word.'

I shrugged off my jacket, hanging it in the closet next to the elevator.

"What's going on?" I asked.
The vibe I got was tense, and definitely off.

"Nothing, dear," Olivia said eventually, after a little staring battle with Michael. She sent me a comforting smile. "My son just told me I couldn't use the jet."

"Oh," I replied, grinning and slipping an arm around Michael's waist. “Let me work on him. I might be able to change his mind."

"I...excuse me."
I frowned as she left, and looked up at Michael, whose jaws worked nervously.

"Okay, that was...weird. What's going on?"

"Nothing, like she said," he replied, a little gruffly.
Then a corner of his mouth lifted up, apologizing, and he turned to face me, wrapping both arms around my waist.

"Hi."
I silently mouthed the same back.

"She's gone, you know," I said, whispering.

"Yes, I know."
He lowered his head and kissed me. It seemed almost natural, the way he did that.

"I think I earned that after last night."
I liked hearing that, and kissed him back, then broke the kiss and blushed.

"Yeah, about that..." I bit my lower lip, unsure.

"What?"

"I umm...it's just...I had a great time."
He smiled softly and touched my chin with his thumb.

"So did I, and I'm glad it happened."

"You are?"
Whew, so I wasn't the only one developing something more here? He really liked me?

"Yes. There has been a lot of tension between us; it was bound to happen sooner or later. Physical attraction can be quite strong. Now at least, we can get on with it; we've got that part settled."

"Yeah," I replied, unsure. Somehow that sounded kinda cold. "So...what are you doing up here?"
He smiled again, tapping my nose with his finger.

"What, I can't come up and see my lover?"
I blushed at that, and looked away.

"Don't talk like that..."

"Why not?"

"You make it sound so...I dunno...dirty."

"You are my lover and there was nothing dirty about it," he said, a little admonishingly. "Intimacy is not dirty; don't ever think that."

"Alright, sorry, but..."

"You need to know when to shut up," he said softly, pressing his lips on my mouth. "Don't think or talk it to death; just enjoy it, okay?"
I got another kiss and then he stepped back, nodding at the elevator.

"I'm off again. I'll see the both of you in an hour, downstairs for lunch?"
I nodded and smiled, following him, which made him look at me somewhat suspiciously. "What...?"

"I kinda promised Olivia I'd try to convince you to let her take the jet."
He halted and turned towards me, planting his hands on his hips.

"Okay...convince me." His eyes glistened mischievously. Hmm...
I took a step closer and rose up on my toes, brushing my lips over his. At the same time, I used my left hand and let it slide up on the inside of his leg. When he reacted, leaning in for another kiss, I retreated, grinning.

"Now where did you learn behavior such as that, hmmm?" he mumbled, slapping the control on the wall. "Alright, she can take the jet. But tonight I'm collecting."
The heated look he sent me was enough to send my heart racing.

"Sticks and stones..." I replied daringly, sticking out my tongue at him.

"You just watch yourself tonight... that's all I'm saying," he grinned.
Then the doors closed, and he was gone.

andr0gene 2004-Present
  • Like 20
  • Love 4
  • Haha 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

  1. Stories Discussion Forum

    This is the place to talk about stories from anyone but our Signature, Classic or Promising Authors. They have their own forum for that.
    No solicitation or commercial postings without prior approval.

    36.7k
    posts
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..