Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Second Shot - 37. Chapter 37: A New Day

Jason has his meeting with Det Belle and get some not so good news about Peter's status.

Arriving at the Student Union ten minutes early, Jason decided to get some food. He never liked going to practice without eating lunch, especially not the practice after a game. Win or lose, Coach Slewman always had things to work on following a game.

Passing the prepared meals, processed lunch meat and burgers, was still difficult for him even after all these months trying to eat like Peter. The choices available if you ruled out the things he liked, were salad, yogurt, fruits, and the occasional healthy entree that always tasted like crap. He had to scratch his head when he saw someone eat those meals act like they were enjoying them. Two yogurts, a banana, a wheat bagel and an Honest green tea and mango were all he could find that would not outright annoy Peter. Even the yogurt and bagel wouldn’t pass muster in Peter’s apartment, but Peter acknowledged it was better for Jason to eat as good as he could, than to skip a meal.

Walking toward the front entrance, he saw Detective Belle standing in the doorway.

“Needed to get some lunch before next class,” Jason explained. “I hope you don’t mind if I eat while we talk.”

The detective looked slightly annoyed, which surprised Jason. “I was planning to buy you lunch, Jason.”

“If you want to get something, I can get us a table out of the way.”

At first, Belle looked unsure, then he nodded. “Sounds good. I won’t be long.”

Jason shook his head as he hunted for a good spot. Obviously the detective worried he might leave might leave while he was in line. Buying him lunch was a good way to keep him where the detective could see him.

He selected a table against the fall wall that was away from most of the others. Only one table was within easily listening, and he moved that back as much as he could before sitting down. Setting out his food, he sat facing the exit from the cafeteria. As promised, the detective didn’t take long to come out, tray in hand.

Resisting the urge to wave his arms to get the man’s attention, Jason simply stood up hoping he could be seen in the not yet crowded dining area. When it appeared he might need to be more animated, the detective spotted him, moving quickly towards the table. Jason switched positions before Belle arrived, his back turned to the food area.

“Keeping your path of retreat open?” Belle laughed as he pulled out his seat.

Meant as a joke, it still drew a frown from Jason. He really didn’t want to be here, but he said he would fully cooperate. “Actually, I figured it would be easier for you to see if anyone was trying to listen if you were facing the tables closest to us.”

Nodding in approval, he set his tray down, only to seeing what Jason bought. “That’s your lunch?”

The burger and fries Detective Belle bought made Jason’s mouth water, forcing him to bite into his banana. “Peter is something of a health nut,” he explained. “As much as I wanted to buy something he wouldn’t approve of, I know I would feel guilty if I did.”

“What do you normally do for lunch?”

Jason watched him take a bite from the burger. Normally he didn’t miss it, because Peter didn’t eat that type of food either. “We take turns bringing lunch for the two of us.”

“Really? That’s great you guys do that for each other.”

“Peter would always make us lunch and bring it from home. I would go find some healthy restaurant to buy lunch. Then Peter started to buy lunch as well. He said he felt guilty bringing stuff from home when I was buying for us.” Jason left out the part that Peter couldn't afford to buy lunch every day, but didn’t want to appear cheap.

“Is that what you do now?” He offered Jason some fries.

“No thank you.” Jason opened one of his two blueberry yogurts. “Now we both try to bring lunch from home instead of getting it out. He felt guilty that I always bought us lunch, but I felt bad that I never brought from home.”

Det. Belle laughed. “Prince and the pauper syndrome.”

“What?” Maybe he shared too much about Peter’s feeling. He didn’t like the reference that Peter was poor.

“Each thought they wanted the other’s life until they traded places. That’s all I meant.”

“Sorry, I thought you were commenting on our different financial backgrounds.” Eating quickly, he added, “I told him I preferred when he brought lunch, but had no idea what to make that he would eat. Since then he has been taking me shopping with him, pointing out what to look for and avoid. That's made it a lot easier.”

“Sounds like you two really try to do a lot for each other.”

Jason shrugged, using the silence to finish one yogurt before eating his bagel. “It’s been more one-sided with him teaching me stuff.”

“I know you have class, so let’s get to why I'm here.” He put his food down so he could pull out his pad. “What happened on Friday night?”

Detective Belle finished his lunch while Jason recounted the events at Big Stick Billiards. Jason kept checking the clock to make sure he had time to finish eating and get to class. He ate whenever Belle asked a question.

Flipping through his notes until he found what he wanted, Belle asked, “Why did you send Darryl and your brother outside?”

“I didn’t want Dean to get hurt.”

“From what the other officers told me, Dean was big enough to watch out for himself,” he said. “They said you were the smallest of the three.”

“Dean’s only seventeen. More than that, he's had the same sheltered life I had until I came to school. Three years away from Shangri-La teaches you a few things.”

Detective Belle laughed. “Shangri-La? Is that what you call where your family lives?”

Jason snorted, it was so common for Darryl, Wendy and him to call it that, he forgot others never heard it before. “It is sort of this perfect little place where everyone’s kids are wonderful at something and all the families try to be perfect.” In his mind that was why his mom had so much trouble with a gay son, it shattered their perfect family myth.

“Getting back to Friday night,” Det. Belle prompted. “You were saying you didn’t want Dean to get hurt. Why would you think he was particularly in danger? It sounded like they directed everything toward you.”

Jason tried to remember exactly how events played out. “One of three said something about Dean being my new boyfriend and Dean wigged out. Called the guy an asshole. I knew Dean had to leave or else we were going to end up in a fight.”

He looked at Jason skeptically. “So you thought it was a good idea to leave yourself alone against all three?”

“Good idea? No.” He shook his head. “But, it was the best way to make sure Dean didn’t get involved in something he didn’t need to be.”

“He’s your brother, protecting you is part of his business wouldn’t you say?”

“No!” Jason denied emphatically. “He doesn’t need to get beat up for me, not when there was a chance I could avoid a fight.”

“Ok.” He nodded as he wrote some notes. “That’s fair. But weren’t you afraid, I mean it was three on one.”

“I didn’t think they would do anything in a crowded bar. Too many witnesses.”

Now the detective laughed even harder. “You really did grow up in Shangri-La. Most times people don’t worry about witnesses until after the fight. When their adrenaline is pumping, they forget about the possible consequences, focusing only on the now.”

“Peter said any fight you can talk your way out of, is a fight you’ve won.” Jason smiled, remembering watching Peter teach the beginner classes before they worked out together. “I was between them and the door, so if all else failed I had an escape route.”

“Why didn’t you just run?”

“We hadn’t paid the bill. Part of why I figured I could avoid a fight was because I needed to pay the bill. If they continued to provoke a fight, the staff would know about it.”

Detective Belle looked up from his notebook. “These thoughts were going through your mind while this was unfolding?”

Shoving another spoonful of yogurt in his mouth, Jason couldn't tell if the detective thought he was lying or was impressed. “Peter’s a good teacher. His starts every lesson with the same question, ‘what’s the surest way not to lose a fight? Answer, don’t have one.’ After a while you start to remember it.”

“I’m impressed.” Again he wrote something on his pad. Flipping the page, he asked, “Were you scared?”

“Terrified. Once I was sure Dean was safe, I figured I could out run the assholes to the door.” He laughed nervously. “After that, I hadn’t thought it through.”

“If you remember, what exactly did they say about Peter?”

Jason looked at the detective. This is what he really wanted to know.

“He called Peter a fag. Said it was Peter’s fault their friends were locked up.” Jason tried to be accurate.

“Did he actually say, ‘fag,’ or are you editing things?” The detective looked him in the eye as he spoke.

“Yes, sir.” Jason nodded. “He said, ‘your fag boyfriend’ if I remember correctly.”

“Did he say anything else?”

To his ear, Jason thought the detective was looking for something specific, but didn’t want to ask it out right. Thinking back to that night, he said, “One of them said Peter got his friends locked up and someone had to pay.”

“Someone had to pay?” he repeated. “What did you think he meant by that?”

“You know what he meant, everyone knew what he meant.” He was louder and more sarcastic then he meant to be. “They wanted to beat the crap out of me, because their frat brothers got arrested for using Peter as a punching bag!”

“Whoa, Jason, calm, calm.” The detective waved his hand up and down in front of his chest. “I wasn’t trying to force you to say something, I just need to hear it from you. I spoke to other people, so I know what happened.”

“Then can I go?” He was getting annoyed. If this was all a waste of time, he had better things he could be doing. “I don’t have much else to say about it.”

“As I have told you from the first time we met, you can leave anytime you want.”

“But I can expect a subpoena if I walk away, right?” Jason shook his head in disgust.

“No, if you really don’t want to talk, we’re done.” He pushed his tray back. “I don’t have a lot left to ask and I would appreciate it if you would stick around long enough for me to finish up.”

Jason nodded. He really didn’t want to stay, but he knew it was the right thing to do.

“So how did this end?”

Jason resisted the urge to shake his head. The man just told him he knew the details already, but he still kept asking what happened. “A couple of men who were at the pool hall came over to make sure I was okay. Hank and Roy were their names, right?”

Detective Belle smiled. “I want to hear your recollections. I can’t supply you with answers.”

“Whatever.” Now he did shake his head, but he smiled at the absurdity of what was happening. “Hank and Roy were more than they bargained for, I guess. Once those two stepped up, they did a lot more name calling and posturing, but it didn’t seem like they were too keen to mix it up. I tried to pay my bill, but everyone, including the staff, was watching to see what was going to happen.

“Before things turned ugly, Chief Anderson arrived. He had me pay my bill and sent me home. The end.”

After he finished writing something down, he looked up. “Thank you for letting me know that was the end.”

Realizing how dorky he sounded, Jason added, “Those two guys helping me was something else. They didn’t know me from Adam, but stepped in anyway.”

“Contrary to what some of your school mates think, this place is full of good people,” he said. “Roy said he stepped up, because you had some kind of balls staring down three-- ‘dickheads,’ I believe he called them, to make sure your brother wouldn’t get hurt. Hank said basically the same thing. Both men know Peter and his mom. To them, Graydon kids beat up a local. Made no difference that Peter went to Graydon. You impressed them with what you did. That, plus your connection to Peter, or better said, the comments about Peter those three made, was why they helped you.”

Jason sat up in his chair. “I wasn’t trying to be impressive, just to not let the situation get worse.”

“It took guts to stand up to those three alone while your brother got away,” Detective Belle said. “People respond when you put others ahead of yourself.”

“They were also mad about what happened to Peter.”

His comment drew a nod from the detective. “That too, yes.”

He closed his pad. “I don’t have any more questions. Thank you for meeting with me, I know it wasn’t something you wanted to do.”

“Are you going to charge them?” Jason wasn’t sure he wanted to hear the answer.

“That’s not my decision, it’s up to the D.A. handling the case,” the detective answered. “Why do you ask?”

“Because I don’t want to press charges. I just want Peter to get better, and for us to move on.” Jason could feel his frustration returning. “The more we, I, goad them, the more they focus on us.”

“They won’t thank you for not pressing charges,” Detective Belle said. “And it won’t change how they feel.”

“Maybe not, but I think I know what they’re like better than you,” Jason countered. “They’re like me. They grew up in neighborhoods like mine; neighborhoods where no one wants to go to jail, and if you do end up there, it’s not seen as a good thing. They don’t have to change how they think of me, hell, I don’t want them to like me; I don’t like them. But after the Chief spoke to them, I bet they’re so afraid of going to jail, they won’t bug me again. They don’t like Jordan or his friends enough to come after me if they’ll end up going to jail.”

“You take some big risks, Jason.”

“Maybe, but we’re not talking about big thugs.” Jason shrugged. “I don’t know. Perhaps you’re right. But right now I want to focus on helping Pete get better, not on going after them.”

The detective nodded several times. “I’ll make sure I tell the D.A. your thoughts.”

“Thank you.” He collected his trash before grabbing his backpack.

“One last thing,” the detective said before Jason could leave. “Peter likes you a whole lot, I can tell.”

Jason stared at him. Was this part of the detective’s attempt to gain his trust?

“During our first interview you said you were worried you two weren’t going to be together. I just wanted you to know that Peter feels bad about what he did to you, and hopes you aren’t mad at him. You two will be fine. Just take care of each other.”

“Did he tell you to say that?” The idea that Peter needed to have someone tell Jason how he felt didn’t make sense.

He shook his head, smiling. “No, he didn’t. But I told him almost the same thing; that you like him and he doesn’t need to worry about bad feelings on your part. Just be yourselves and things will work out. Anyway, that’s enough of me channeling Oprah.”

Jason laughed, not so much at the Oprah comment as at his status with Peter. “Thank you, sir.”

“Take care, Jason. Unfortunately for you, I will be in touch again when we move Jordan’s case forward.”

“That’s fine, sir. Whatever you need from me, I’ll do.” Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he left. A part of him knew everything was going to be fine with him and Peter, but hearing from an outsider, like the detective, made him feel better for some reason. Unfortunately the rest of his day was going to take forever to be over.

****

Peter was awake, reading a text book when Jason arrived. “Hey, handsome.”

Putting the book down, Peter flashed him a huge smile. “Hey, Jase, been waiting for you.”

“Oh?” He put his bag down, handing Peter his laptop case. “Anything important?”

“No,” came the less than happy reply. “The doctor’s haven’t said much of anything. I was waiting for you, because I wanted to see you again. You sure took your time getting here.”

Kissing his boyfriend, Jason didn’t answer until they were finished. “I had to run by your place to get your computer. Takes time to get showered, eat, get to your place, fight traffic and get here.”

“Ok, I get the picture.” Peter laughed. Jason was amazed at how much better he looked and sounded. Even the black around his eyes was fading. “I’m just glad you’re here.”

Jason kissed him again before sitting down. “Me too. Anything exciting happen today in the world of TV?”

“I mostly turned it off and listened to music or talked to people,” Peter said. “My dad and Betsy went home today, but I was glad they came. Mom seemed to be less critical of him, or at least she was around me.”

“He really cares about you, Pete,” Jason said. “When he learned what happened, he was on the next plane he could find.”

“Dad’s like that with some things.” Peter looked at the wall for a moment before turning back to Jason. “He’s good in a crisis, but when it comes to every day, normal stuff, he gets distracted.”

Jason shrugged. “He was nice to me.”

“I figured he would. He’s not a bad person, just light on the responsibility gene.” Peter laughed. It took Jason a minute to get the reference, so when he laughed Peter rolled his eyes.

“Sorry, been a long day,” he said. “That and I’m falling behind on my homework.”

“Did you bring your books?” Peter asked. “I don’t mind if you study, so long as I can see you.”

“Yeah, I brought them, but I would rather talk to you.”

“Study for a bit, so I don’t feel guilty monopolizing your time.” Peter picked up his book for emphasis.

Jason nodded, but gave Peter a wink first. Pulling out his finance textbook, he tried to focus on studying, but kept looking to see what Peter was doing. Peter’s attempts at studying weren’t going much better as he kept trying to look at Jason. Realizing he wasn’t going to get much done, he closed his book.

“This isn’t working,” he said. “It’ll have to wait until I go home to study.”

“Sorry, Jason, I can be good if you need me too.”

“It’s not you.” Jason laughed. “I just want to sit looking at you with this big dopey smile on my face.”

Peter’s smile disappeared instantly. “Watching me might get old fast, you know.”

Sure there was something behind the answer, Jason inquired, “What does that mean?”

“Seems like I’m grounded for a while.” Peter’s disappointment was visible. “Until the bones in my face and back are completely healed, I’m not allowed to return to martial arts.”

“Pete, you had to know you couldn't practice for a while, didn’t you?”

“Practice sure, but I’m not even allowed to teach.”

Jason understood Peter’s mood. Martial arts was more than just an activity to Peter, it was his source of income. If he couldn't teach, he had other issues besides boredom. “I’m sure Mister Lee’ll let you teach some non contact classes, no?”

Peter shook his head. “No, he won’t. Until the doctor’s clear me, his insurance won’t allow me to participate in any activities at all. I can’t be anywhere near the mats when classes are going on.”

“Have you spoken to the doctors yet?” Jason asked hopefully. He knew Peter would need some time to heal, but he assumed he could resume teaching since it didn’t involve any contact.

“Two months at least,” Peter spit out. “Probably closer to three. That is assuming there are no problems.”

He could tell Peter was worried. Self sufficient and independent were two words he always used to describe Peter. Unable to work, he would have to move home. He had no other source of income, nor could his family afford to pay his bills in addition to their own.

“It’ll work out, Pete.” Jason tried his best to sound reassuring. “We’ll figure something out.”

“Yeah.”

When Peter didn’t say anything else, Jason let it go. Clearly, he didn’t want to talk about it.

“How did your interview with Detective Belle go?” Jason asked before he could stop himself. Changing topics was his intent, but this wasn’t the best choice of where to take their conversation.

“Went really well.” Peter’s mood improved somewhat. “He was really easy to deal with. Said a lot of nice things about you, by the way.”

“He spoke well of you too when we had lunch.”

“He told me Jordan and his buddies are whining about being held without bond.” Peter’s voice held a hint of anger. “Even their rich daddies and high priced lawyers couldn’t get the judge to budge until the hearing later this week.”

“Good,” Jason said with more venom than he intended. He saw no reason to work Peter up, so he knew he wanted to tone down his reaction. “They need to be taught a lesson.”

“I suppose that’s true, I just don’t want to run into them when I get out. I might not be very friendly.”

After two less-than-happy topics, Peter grew quiet. Rather than try to engage him in another conversation, only to have it go bad, Jason moved his chair next to the bed and laid his head next to Peter’s. From the corner of his eye, he could see Peter smiling. With his right hand, Peter reached out, searching for Jason’s hand. Their finger’s interlaced; Peter moved their hands onto his chest as they both closed their eyes.

Peter’s progress made it unnecessary for Amanda or the others to stay with him around the clock, so when visiting hours were over, Jason was given no leeway from the staff.

With the nurse giving him ‘one minute’ to get his stuff and say goodbye, Jason quickly gathered his things, so he could spend what time he had left kissing Peter goodbye. When the nurse cleared her throat in the doorway, he knew he had to go.

“See you tomorrow before class, Pete.” Despite how hard it was to leave, he smiled. “I love you. Can’t wait until we can hold each other all night again.”

“Same here, Jase. I love you too.” Peter gave him a small wave as he left the room.

Thanks everyone for all the reviews and for reading. If in my response to your review, you have a question, here is the link to the forum discussion topic: http://www.gayauthors.org/forums/topic/28907-second-shot/
Copyright © 2011 Andrew Q Gordon; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Feels like an age ago I read this chappy. I perused it again, with my minxy eye to see how it looks up here, you know... lol. Anyway, as I may have said already, I like the foreshadowing you subtly weave into this chapter. :) I felt the feeling of frustration Jason has when he's chatting to the detective. Also, I like how we get to see Jason through other people's eyes (like what the detective said about Jase standing up was impressive.) This is actually a really good strategy to deepen characterization and allows for the readers to like him more (because he is modest, but we hear from other sources how amazing people think he is). Great stuff! :D

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Going into speculation mode here. I've been watching L&O since junior high, so if Jordan and his idiot minions do bond out, you have to wonder if they will come after Peter (to try to eliminate a witness).Interesting in how the Detective told Jason "you like him (Peter) a lot, don't you?" Ummmm, they love each other. A slight touch of homophobia, perhaps?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

lol trev! a little paranoid perhaps??? not Det. Belle.. You.. :P I like Det. Belle. I think he's just doing his job and he's on the boys' side.. so.. :) As i mentioned earlier, 'the chip on Pete's shoulder' ---well its back.. :) how's Jase gonna handle it this time? :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 01:27 AM, AnytaSunday said:
Feels like an age ago I read this chappy. I perused it again, with my minxy eye to see how it looks up here, you know... lol. Anyway, as I may have said already, I like the foreshadowing you subtly weave into this chapter. :) I felt the feeling of frustration Jason has when he's chatting to the detective. Also, I like how we get to see Jason through other people's eyes (like what the detective said about Jase standing up was impressive.) This is actually a really good strategy to deepen characterization and allows for the readers to like him more (because he is modest, but we hear from other sources how amazing people think he is). Great stuff! :D
Aw shucks, you think I'm . . . er Jason, is modest. :P Oh an What Foreshadowing?? You think something else is going to happen? :whistle: Thanks so much for everything Anyta :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 03:56 AM, TrevorTime said:
Going into speculation mode here. I've been watching L&O since junior high, so if Jordan and his idiot minions do bond out, you have to wonder if they will come after Peter (to try to eliminate a witness).Interesting in how the Detective told Jason "you like him (Peter) a lot, don't you?" Ummmm, they love each other. A slight touch of homophobia, perhaps?
Two things, 1) L&O is fiction. I have only seen a very few instances in 12 years where witnesses have died before trial under mysterious circumstances. These have involved gangs, serious thugs etc. That WON'T happen here - see Jason's speech about who knows who best. In the world of the rich, they don't kill people, the murder their character on the stand. As for love - well I think that word is WAY over used. Folks love each other after a day it seems. The detective's use of like has very little to do with homophobia and more to do with not over stating things. He was after all saying what his impression was - he has/had no way of knowing if they used the "L" word with each other. Like was much safer. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 04:37 AM, Frostina said:
lol trev! a little paranoid perhaps??? not Det. Belle.. You.. :P I like Det. Belle. I think he's just doing his job and he's on the boys' side.. so.. :) As i mentioned earlier, 'the chip on Pete's shoulder' ---well its back.. :) how's Jase gonna handle it this time? :P
Haha Frosty - since I JUST sent you the next 3 chapters to edit, this might be the first time in a while where you gave a review where you DIDN'T know what happens next :P And since I won't spoil things I won't tell you what happens next either :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I wonder if Jason will ofter to move in with Peter to help look after him and pay some of the bills....Good Chapter, looking forward to the next now :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

okay, so maybe Detective Belle isn't so bad and my character intuition was on the fritz... thanks for writing!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 06:23 AM, Simonjames30 said:
I wonder if Jason will ofter to move in with Peter to help look after him and pay some of the bills....Good Chapter, looking forward to the next now :)
Something like that, maybe, :P Next chapter is Wednesday so you'll have to wait a few days to find out that. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 06:40 AM, swscratch said:
okay, so maybe Detective Belle isn't so bad and my character intuition was on the fritz... thanks for writing!
Don't be so quick to discount intuition. We haven't seen the last of Det. Belle or Dravek, who knows, they might still be pricks after all :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hm, I just read Anyta's foreshadowing review, and now I want to go reread the chapter and try to figure it out, lol . . . but I'll get in trouble if I don't leave this computer soon. I sorta wondered what SimonJames mentioned-- if Jason would offer for Pete to move in w/ him. Somehow I think Peter wouldn't be up for it unless they split every last little thing 50/50, which would probably mean they'd have to move somewhere else together, and then Jason would be living in a much less glamorous way than he's used to . . .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/06/2011 01:17 PM, Sara Alva said:
Hm, I just read Anyta's foreshadowing review, and now I want to go reread the chapter and try to figure it out, lol . . . but I'll get in trouble if I don't leave this computer soon. I sorta wondered what SimonJames mentioned-- if Jason would offer for Pete to move in w/ him. Somehow I think Peter wouldn't be up for it unless they split every last little thing 50/50, which would probably mean they'd have to move somewhere else together, and then Jason would be living in a much less glamorous way than he's used to . . .
IDK about Peter sharing Jason and Darryl's place - I mean Jason has a lease with Darryl through the end of the year so it's not like he can move out or nothing. And I am not sure Peter wants to move in with them. Then there is how Darryl would feel. Umm you will just have to wait to see how Jason deals with this nettlesome problem - next chapter I suppose.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

That was a nice 'breather' chapter in that, although it moves the story along and introduces some clouds on the horizon it gave us some leeway to take a breath and pause for a moment to gather ourselves after all the action. One of the things I like most about the story is the way that you vary the pace. Nice chapter

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/09/2011 11:26 PM, Nephylim said:
That was a nice 'breather' chapter in that, although it moves the story along and introduces some clouds on the horizon it gave us some leeway to take a breath and pause for a moment to gather ourselves after all the action. One of the things I like most about the story is the way that you vary the pace. Nice chapter
Nephy, thanks for the comments. I thought for sure you would be mad - no cliffs in this chapter, maybe a cloud or two, but definitely no cliffs. :P
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..