Jump to content
    Andy Lake
  • Author
  • 3,846 Words
  • 1,006 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Broken Tears - 3. Chapter 3 - Sunset

Broken Tears - Chapter 3 By Andy Lake

You must be 18 or older to read this story.

Stop if the idea of sexual intercourse between same sexed couples disgusts you, and if that's so, what the fuck are you doing here???

All usual disclaimers apply. If you are not supposed to be reading this, then you shouldn't, but I know I can't stop you. *sigh*

All the following characters are fictional, all made up by myself, thanks to my twisted, yet erotic, imagination.

I'm the author, so obviously, I own the story and copyrights. It can only be spread with my permission or downloaded for personal pleasure.

Sunset - Chapter 3

[Tyler]

After breakfast, Dad left for work, and Mark had a date with Jenni. I wandered around the house alone, thinking and wondering about my first day of school in a few days. I've never been popular, or even liked. I paced around the living room with the faint sounds of the t.v. filling my ears, and I was getting too worried and stressed. I went up to my room, changed into some sweat pants and a loose shirt, grabbed my iPod, and went outside. I ran down the sidewalk, and besides great exercise, it's the way I use to run away from my problems. It's easier to just run and leave all your worries behind. I ran faster and faster passing a few people who were running as well. As I ran, I saw a shop by the sidewalk, the only supermarket in the neighbourhood. I entered, walked around, and I took a water bottle and headed to the cashier. He looked just my age.

"Hey, how much for the water?" I asked fishing through my pockets.

"$2. Hey, I havent seen you here before. Are you from this neighbourhood?" He asked staring at me.

"Well, I'm Mr. Jacobs' son. Don't know if you know him." I said as I paid.

"Ahh, you're the London kid!! Funny accent" He said giggling.

"Thanks. So, you work here?" I asked starting a conversation.

"Well, my father owns the place, and I work here on summer break. Caleb Prince" He said holding out his hand.

"Tyler Jacobs" I grabbed his hand and smiled.

"I like your hair." he said laughing. I gave him a Bieber flip, and he giggled more. He was cute, thin like me, and had short spiked up hair, tanned skin, and a funny nose.

"I like your nose." I said laughing as he stuck his tongue out at me.

"So, you gonna go to school in Briar, or a fancy private one?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

"Going to Briar. 9th grade. You?" I asked hopeful.

"Same!" We high fived and talked some more, and after a while, I decided to leave. I drank my water, kept running, and I ended up in a very beautiful park and walked through the gates. It was kind of lonely. There were just a couple of people holding hands and kissing tenderly. I walked onto the stone path, continued jogging, and I came to the center of the park where it was well cut green grass, perfect for a picinc, I thought. I sat on the grass, started listening to my songs, and began singing along.

"What a perfect sun today, right??" I heard a voice say behind me.

I removed my earphones, looked back, and there was Tom. He was wearing some sweatpants and a sweatshirt with the zipper almost halfway undone. His bulging pecs and a little of his abs showed, and he was sweating with earphones on his ears.

"Hi, Tom. Yep, it's perfect." I said as he sat down at my side and hugged his knees.

"So, what are you doing here? I never would've pegged you for a fitness freak." He said laughing.

"I'm not. I just love running. It helps me get away." I said playing with my earphone wire.

"Well, everyone likes to forget stuff every now and then." He said as he looked at my hands.

"Yep. It's healthy and healing." I said looking at him with a soft smile.

"I bet it is." He said smiling back.

"Hey Tom!" A couple of 15 or 16 year old girls with ponytails said to Tom as they made their way toward us.

"Hey Carly. Hey Li." He said smiling at the beautiful girls.

"Carly, Li, this is my friend, Ty." He said bumping me with his shoulder.

"OK, whatever. So, you look good today, Tom." Carly, the red head, said.

I looked at the ground and kept playing with the wire.

"Hey." Li, the brunette, said to me.

"Hi." I gave her a shy smile as Tom and Carly kept talking.

"You new here?" She asked with a smile.

"Yeah. I'm Mark Jacobs' brother." I said kinda proudly.

"Ooooh. Mark is such a sweetheart." She said smiling.

"Yeah. He is a good brother." I said standing up.

"Wanna walk?" Li asked me smiling.

"My pleasure." I said walking with her. I looked back and saw Tom kiss Carly. He saw me looking and pushed her away. I just smiled and waved, and he just looked to the floor.

We started jogging through the stone path with smiles on our faces. She seemed nice.

"So, Ty...I can call you Ty, right?" She asked beaming.

"Of course, Li." I said smiling back.

"Ok, Ty. So, I presume you'll be going to Briar. What grade you in?" She asked.

"9th. I'm fourteen." I said looking down.

"Me too. It's gonna be fun!!" She said increasing her pace, and I followed.

"You look a little older to me." I said surprised.

"Developed early" She said kinda sad.

"Isn't that a good thing?" I inquired confused.

"Sometimes" She said smiling. We ran our way to a pond in the park, and there were ducks and a few swans swimming around.

We sat in the grass and started looking at the pond, chatting.

"If you were my type this would be romantic." She said giggling.

"I'm not your type." I said pouting, she laughed.

"You're cute, nerdy cute, but still, I like 'em feisty." She said laughing.

"Well, you're not my type, either." I said sticking my tongue out.

"I know. I'm not Tom." She said winking at me. I blushed hard.

"Am I that obvious?" I asked sighing.

"Well, not that much. Just don't stare too long." She said giggling.

"Well, at my old school, I was out. So I was freer." I said remembering old times.

"Quite a change coming here." She said looking at the grass.

"You moved here, too?" I asked hopeful.

"Got here two years ago. It was a rough start, but now I'm good." She said looking at me.

"Where you from?" I asked.

"California" She said smiling.

"Sounds hot! I bet there are hot boys there." I said giggling and blushing.

"Yep. I left my boy there." She said frowning.

"Well, I can be your boy. Just no kissing." I said hugging her.

"You're too cute for your own good." She said giggling.

"We should go back before you decide to kiss me." I said laughing.

"Or something more" she wiggled her eyebrows.

"Don't rape me." I said faking shock, and she cringed at the word rape.

"Stepping on quicksand, buddy" She said sadly.

"Sorry. I didn't mean to..." I said trailing off.

"Well, don't worry. When we become best friends, I might tell you." She said smiling.

"I thought we were best friends." I said pouting as she hugged me.

"Ok, we are. Now, let's take a walk." She grabbed my hand and dragged me with her.

We walked back to the center of the park to find Carly running her fingers up and down Tom's hot pecs.

"Hasn't she devoured you yet? I'm surprised." Li said laughing. I joined her.

"Li, you should go for another walk, and take the pipsqueak with you." Carly said scoffing at me.

I looked at the floor as Tom removed her hand from his chest.

"What the hell is your problem?" He looked at her.

"Just stating a point with the little loser" She said glaring at me.

"Fuck it! You should go, Carly." Tom said pissed.

"You prefer some little kid over me?!" She asked indignant.

"At least he's not a bitch." He scowled.

"Fuck you, Tom! Li, let's go." Carly said angrily.

"OK" Li said sadly.

She hugged me and whispered in my ear "She's a bitch cause of Mark." She said running to catch up with Carly.

I stood there and turned around, placed my earphones on, and then started jogging.

"Are you not going to say goodbye?" Tom said as he grabbed my shoulder and spun me around.

"Sorry. Forgot." I said blushing.

"Ok" He said kind of hurt.

"I'm sorry, really. Bye." I hugged him, and he hugged me and sniffed my hair.

"Don't go. Don't you wanna hang with me for a while?" He asked hopeful.

"No, don't worry. I already caused you enough trouble with your girlfriend." I said looking at my phone as a text arrived.

"She's not my girlfriend. Stay." He said releasing me a little.

"Sorry, I can't. I got a message from Jeff, and he says he wants to see me. Sorry." I said looking at him with a sad smile. He tensed up, and his jaw tightened.

"Don't go. Stay." He said a little too desperate.

"Sorry, I can't. Besides, Carly may come back, and I really don't wanna get you in trouble with a girl that likes you." I said smiling but hurting a little.

"Carly and I we a-" I cut him off.

"You don't need to explain anything to me, silly." I said giggling.

"It's just that w-" I cut him off again.

"Don't worry, really." I said looking at him.

"Ok" He looked defeated.

"Well, gotta go. Bye. I really enjoyed talking to you." I said smiling as I turned around.

He grabbed my hand and looked at me. "I enjoyed it, too." He said looking into my eyes with his honey colored eyes and his brown hair, making a perfect contrast. He kinda looked like Liam Court on 90210 but just a little taller and hunkier.

I felt uncomfortable under his gaze and removed my hand. "Bye." I ran off and got the volume on my iPod as high as it went.

The park was close to Ben's cafe, so I just chose to walk there at a steady pace. I arrived and saw Jeff sitting there at one of the tables looking outside. His almost black hair was messy and a little spiked up, his handsome face and square jaw was looking great, he had a little 5 o'clock shadow, and his green eyes seemed to be wandering around. He was wearing a tight polo shirt, and his biceps looked a little too big for the sleeves. His eyes wandered over to me and lit up, and he smiled and waved at me. I walked over and entered the cafe, made my way through a rather big crowd, and sat down across from him and looked at him.

"You want anything to drink or eat?" He asked smiling.

"Well, I'd like some iced coffee." I said a little too excited.

He stood up, went to the counter, and ordered my drink. He then walked to me and handed me the coffee.

"Thanks." I started drinking my coffee as he drank his icee.

"So, I wanted to talk to you. I know I only met you yesterday, but since the moment I saw you, I just think that I have fa-" He started saying.

"Jeff, Ty, whatcha doing here?" I heard Tom's voice screaming behind us. He got a coffee and sat at our table.

"So, what did you want to tell me Jeff?" I asked curious.

"Nothing important." He said glaring at Tom as he sat by my side.

"What were you talking about?" He asked me.

"I don't know. Jeff didn't tell me." I pouted jokingly, and he laughed at me.

"You're too cute." He kissed my cheek and squeezed my hand. It felt a little odd, but oh well.

"Thanks." I blushed and looked over at Jeff. He was red faced, and suddenly he crushed his cup, spilling all the liquid onto the table.

"Damn, Jeff, you're a disaster. Now get that cleaned up." Tom said somewhat teasingly.

"Shut up, Tom." Jeff said as he stood up and went to get some napkins. He returned and started cleaning up.

"Jeff is there something wrong?" I asked concerned as I looked at him.

"No. Nothing, little baby." He said smiling at me.

"Ok. I'm glad." I said smiling at him as Tom cleared his throat.

"So, what do you guys wanna do?" Tom asked.

"Well, I gotta go home now. Mark said he was going to be home by lunch, and we need to go school shopping." I said looking at Tom.

"Well, I can take you." Tom said smiling.

"No, don't worry, Tom. I'll take him." Jeff said smiling at me.

"Don't worry, guys. I'll run there. It's close. Bye!" I walked to Jeff and hugged him, and he held me a little too long. I walked over to Tom, and the same happened.

I walked out of the cafe, looked back at them, and saw them arguing through the window. I shrugged it off and ran home.

[ Tom's POV ]

I was in the park running around the path as many girls winked at me and some guys did, too. I kept on running until I saw a cute blond boy in a shirt kinda too big for him and sweat pants. I recognized him as Tyler, and my heart fluttered. I saw him run, and I closely followed him. The sweatpants were kinda glued on his buns, and he looked so sexy, his bum shaking as he jogged.

I saw him sit on the grass, and his angelic voice started singing. I looked at him for a while from afar, and I walked to him and patted his back. I sat with him, and we started talking for a while. He seemed so easy going, and I wanted to talk to him longer, but Carly and Li came by. Carly is one of the rich, hot, brats at school and kinda had the hots for Mark, but he blew her off for Jenni, and well, she kinda started hitting on me. When she came by, she was kind of rude to Ty, and it hurt him. Thank God Li took him away. I stayed talking to Carly, and she started touching me. I got horny, she kissed me, and as we disengaged lips, I saw Ty looking over at us. He looked kind of disappointed, and maybe he was sad that I kissed the girl that was rude to him. I pushed Carly away and looked to the ground in shame. Carly and I talked some more, and she tried to kiss me again plenty of times, but I didn't let her. Then I saw Tyler coming down with Li, and I pushed Carly out of the way and kinda blew her off. She was pissed, but hell, Tyler is ten times more important to me.

I walked to him as he said goodbye to Li. He looked kinda sad and blamed the battle between Carly and me on himself. He even called her my girlfriend, and that made me cringe. I kinda blew my chances with him, and when I tried to explain, he said I didn't owe him an explanation. That broke my heart, and when he told me Jeff wanted to talk to him, something clicked in me. I knew the bastard wanted to tell him he loved him or some shit. I couldn't lose my baby, so I followed him to Ben's cafe, and I waited a while. Then when I saw Jeff's hands fidget, I knew he was gonna tell him. So, I made my way in and stopped it right on time. He looked so damned pissed, but I couldn't care less.

[ Jeff's POV ]

I woke up really early in the morning, which is very unlike me, but hell, my mom was real happy about it. The first thing that came to my mind as I woke up was Tyler. Tyler's smile, his blush, his glasses, his perfect face, everything about him, enticed me.

I was pondering and fighting my thoughts, and I tried to find a logical reason for my attraction towards this boy. Yeah, he's cute for a boy. He's shy and lost. Maybe that's it. It's my paternal instinct kicking in, but fuck, I feel sexual desire when I see him. So it's not that, is it???

I was too confused with my thoughts that I didn't even notice that my baby brother entered my room.

"Hi, Jeff!!" He said running and jumping onto my bed. He hugged me and started giggling.

"Hi, buddy. How are you?" I asked looking at my baby brother.

"Hungry!!" He looked at me and giggled.

"What's so funny?" I asked tickling his sides.

"Jeff, stop it!!" He said laughing.

"No, not until you tell me what you're laughing 'bout, punk." I tickled harder.

"My mommy said that you're in love, and that's funny." He said giggling harder.

"Mom said that?" I asked getting serious.

"Yep. She said you were looking at your food smiling, like when you met Lana." He said hugging my stomach as I laid on my back.

"Maybe I am in love..." I said more to myself.

"Yeah!! I am going to be an uncle!!" He said screaming.

I laughed hard and looked at him. "That will be much later, bro. Do you think if I love someone, I should tell them?" I asked my brother. That's how desperate I was for answers.

"Yep. Mom said love is not to be hidden." He said mimicking Mom's voice.

"Maybe she's right. Maybe I need to tell him." I said to myself. My brother looked at me strangely.

"You like a boy?" He said giggling. More like love a boy, I thought to myself.

"No silly, a friend of mine asked me for advice." I said lying through my teeth.

"Ok. I wuv you, Jeff." He stood up and ran downstairs.

I stood there thinking, "Love is not meant to be hidden." I jumped up as fast as I could, took a hot shower, and changed. I walked down to Ben's cafe and texted Tyler. I'm gonna tell him. I'm gonna tell him, I repeated to myself.

As soon as he walked through the door, I sighed. He looked sooo cute and very out of place. He was wearing sweatpants and a shirt WAY too big for him. He looked dorky, but sooo cute. I motioned him over to my table, and we sat and talked. I was about to tell him that I thought that I was falling for him when Tom walked in with a cocky grin on his fucking face.

He came by and interrupted everything. The bastard had it all planned. I was fuming, and when he kissed his cheek, I felt so angry I crushed my cup and spilled everything on the table. After a few minutes Tyler left, and I stood there with Tom glaring at me.

"You fucker! You came by on purpose!!" I practically yelled as many people turned to us.

"Maybe..." he said with a cocky grin on his face.

"You fucker! Why didn't you back the hell off??" I screamed at him.

"Well, I didn't want to, and you can't make me, punk. Besides, I kinda made a connection with him today. You see, I had some alone time with him today." He said grinning big time.

"You fucker! Why didn't you let me talk to him?" I yelled.

"You really wanted to tell him you're in love that soon? He wouldn't even believe you. Don't be pathetic." He spat at me. Well, this time the dumb ass had a point.

"Still, it was my time with him." I said glaring.

"Well, besides, he needs a man, not a lame excuse of one." He said eyeing me up.

"Fuck you!!" I jumped from across the table and grabbed him by the neck. He punched my gut, and soon enough, we were rolling on the floor with people around us. I busted his lip, and he got my eye. We stood there staring at each other.

"Guys!! BACK IT OFF!!" Ben told us as he reached for me and pulled me away.

"Ben leave us alone!!" I spat at him.

"This is my fucking cafe! I've got customers who come here for quiet, not some stupid cock fight!" He screamed angrily.

"We're sorry. We're gonna go." Tom said getting up.

"Yeah. Sorry, Ben, we really are." I walked out of the cafe, soon followed by Tom.

We made our way to the parking lot and looked at each other.

"I don't think we can be friends anymore. It's not gonna work out." Tom said staring at me.

"I don't think so, but who goes out of the pack, cause I wont?" I said a little defensively.

"No one will go. We will just put up a front, and that's all." He said looking into my eyes.

"Fine by me." I turned and walked to my car.

"He's gonna be mine, and you know it." Tom screamed as he also got in his car.

I clenched my fists and drove off.

[ Tyler's POV ]

I ran home and made it in time for lunch. We had lunch without Mark this time, and he was still out with Jenni. I talked with Dad about some stuff, and we watched a movie together. After a few moments, he was snoring. I looked outside, and the sun was fading. I walked out to the garden and saw a little sprout on the patch of soil, and I smiled to myself and walked to it. I touched the tiny green sprout, took some water from the river, and watered it. I sat in front of the plant and started singing.

"I miss you, Mommy. Please watch over me. I don't wanna be alone. Please don't let me be alone." I said as I finished singing.

I walked back inside and went to my room. I took a blanket and placed it on Dad, and he mumbled a "Thanks" and drifted off to sleep once again. I walked to my room and onto the balcony. I looked to the horizon, and there was the beautiful sunset, a sunset, something so pure, so natural, and so simple. It means a closure, a closure of the chapter called day. Maybe that's what I needed, a sunset on the chapter called pain. A stray tear left my eye, and I looked over to the sunset.

Next Chapter will be up sooon!!

©Copyright 2011 Andy Lake; All Rights Reserved
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..