Jump to content
    Andy78
  • Author
  • 462 Words
  • 917 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Andy's Shorts to GA Prompts - 18. Prompt #Umpteen

Tell us about one of your peers that you knew and found interesting in 8th grade. (Since we don’t have grades like you do in the US, I’ve chosen year 9, which I think is the same age group [age 13])

He started at my school our first day back after the autumn half-term. He was so cute, and had a butt to die for. We were told his name was Jeremy and he was from South Africa.

He had to do the usual ‘introduce himself him to the class’ thing, but all I cared about was his pale blue eyes. I don’t really remember anything he said; I was too mesmerised by his accent and found myself staring into those eyes - I could so have made myself at home there.

We became friends quickly as we had many of the same classes together. I remember how he was getting into trouble every day because he always had at least one piece of his school uniform missing; one day he was without his tie, the next day he was in trainers instead of the required black shoes. I later found out he did it just to annoy our teachers; and boy did he ever.

By the end of his first week, we were having lunch together and hanging around at break together. A few weeks later we were hanging out together over the weekend.

At school he played the class clown, enjoyed getting himself in trouble, breaking any rule he dared to, and struggled through his class work. When we were together, he was completely different. He allowed his true self to shine through; I found him to be funny, far more intelligent than he let on at school and he had a really sweet nature. I was probably the only person at school who knew the real Jeremy.

I had known Jeremy for about four weeks when he asked me if I wanted to spend the weekend at his place. I couldn’t say yes quickly enough. We did the usual things; watched films, went to the cinema, played in the park. His parents went out for the evening, trusting us to behave ourselves. They were gone only twenty minutes before Jeremy pulled out a Playboy; unsurprisingly it did not have the usual effect. Somehow we started wrestling, he ended up on top of me, and we stared into each other’s eyes and shared our first kiss.

That was the first of what became a regular occurrence over the next three years. We’d go to his house at lunch since he only lived round the corner from our school and we’d have sleepovers at least twice a month. After three or four months our feelings for each other deepened, and Jeremy became my first boyfriend.

The last I heard from him was about ten years ago when he graduated from medical school.

Wherever you are Jer, I will always have a place in my heart for you.

Link to prompt

Tell us about one of your peers that you knew and found interesting in 8th grade. (Since we don’t have grades like you do in the US, I’ve chosen year 9, which I think is the same age group [age 13])
Copyright © 2012 Andy78; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..