Jump to content
    Andy78
  • Author
  • 530 Words
  • 1,461 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Andy's Shorts to GA Prompts - 4. Prompt #99

Create a story that uses the following words - 1. Bathtub, 2. Blueberry Pancakes, 3. Mailman, 4. Library, 5. puppy, 6. wedding ring

I was laying in the bathtub. Today had been a particularly stressful day at work: I’d had three meetings to attend; my new boss is a slave-driving bitch; my computer deleted my project report; and to cap it all off the new office mailman keeps delivering the interdepartmental letters to the wrong offices.

I enjoy a nice long soak in a bubble bath. I’ve got the lavender-scented candles lit, the whale music playing in the background. I was just getting really comfy when I heard the door to the bathroom open. There was a quiet yelp and then my new puppy Titania jumped up on the side of the bath trying to lick me.

“Down, Titania.” She looked up at me with those big black eyes. “Alright Titania, I’m coming.” I got out of the bathtub, towelled off and went downstairs. I grabbed her leash and said, “Walkies, girl.” She sauntered over to me, allowed me to hook the leash to her collar and we went out.

It was early evening, and there was a slight drizzle. I walked to our usual spot in the park, the one with the area set up for dogs to do their business. I sat down on the bench, waiting for Titania. “Come on girl, make already.”

It’s been three days now since she swallowed my wedding ring; three days of me checking doggie poop. I get these really weird looks from people when they see me going through her doings before binning them. Another lot of doings and still no ring; this is getting ridiculous. If it doesn’t pass tomorrow I’ll have to take her to the vet to see if there’s anything else that can be done.

We left the park, and took our usual circuit of the neighbourhood. We passed the school, the hospital, the butchers, the library, the police station, the small park and finally the cemetery marking the end of tonight’s walkies.

I put my microwave dinner for one on, and got Titania’s bowl from the cupboard. “So girl, which one do you want? The beef or the chicken?” I held both cans of dog-food in front of her and she only barked at the chicken. “Chicken it is then.” I scooped out the food and put it in her bowl. The bell dinged on my microwave indicating my dinner was ready.

“Well girl, I wonder whose dinner tastes worst, your's or mine?” She looked at me, blinked and then proceeded to lick herself in the canine fashion. “Food that good, huh girl?”

Although I very rarely cook dinner from scratch, I am one for having proper homemade desserts. I have jars of homemade lemon curd, jams, jellies and marmalades. I have a cupboard full of spices and I have my herb garden which sees a lot of use all year around.

Tonight I decided to go all out. I fancied blueberry pancakes, and I already had a load of my homemade custard to go with it.

As the smell of the freshly cooked pancakes began wafting through the house, Tatiana entered the kitchen to investigate the source. “Sorry girl, you can’t have any.”

Link to prompt

Create a story that uses the following words - 1. Bathtub, 2. Blueberry Pancakes, 3. Mailman, 4. Library, 5. puppy, 6. wedding ring
Copyright © 2012 Andy78; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I got a good chuckle at the idea of watching you going through the dog's business in search of a ring. Just the sort of thing we do though! :)

Nice story Andy. You create a visual image effortlessly with your writing.

Link to comment
On 06/13/2012 09:50 PM, Yettie One said:
I got a good chuckle at the idea of watching you going through the dog's business in search of a ring. Just the sort of thing we do though! :)

Nice story Andy. You create a visual image effortlessly with your writing.

Thanks for the review.

 

One of my more light-hearted pieces, glad you liked it.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..