Jump to content
    Andy78
  • Author
  • 1,566 Words
  • 1,851 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Kyle and Kodi - 4. Chapter 4

My mobile was ringing – my ringtone of choice at the moment being Helen Shapiro’s “Walkin’ Back to Happiness”. “Uh?” I grunted as I answered.

“Is that how you greet me now is it?”

“Huh? Who? Wha?”

“Kyle, dude wake the frig up. It’s Kodi.”

“Kodi?”

“Dude, wake up! It’s the middle of the morning.”

“Wassup?”

“Wassup, is that it is almost ten, and Sleeping Beauty is still in bed. We got places to go, people to see. I’ll be there in five.” And with that he hung up.

I lay there in bed trying to make sense of the conversation that had just happened. I slowly got myself out of bed, and crawled to my closet to pick out some clothes to wear. I was just getting dressed, when the doorbell went. Since I was home alone (mum and dad left for work at half past six), Kodi was just going to have to wait.

“Morning sleepy.”

I didn’t even bother replying. I grabbed Kodi by his shirt, dragged him into the house, closed the door, threw him against the wall and kissed him.

“OK, you’re forgiven for the greeting on the phone. Actually, if you greet me at your door like that every time, you can talk to me however you like on the phone.”

“You mentioned something about places to go, people to see?”

“Kyle, we need tell Mika and the twins about us. I’ve already phoned them, and they’ll be here in half an hour.”

“How do you think they’ll react?”

“Well they took the news about us being gay really well. Since they accepted that, they’ve figured we’d have a boyfriend sooner or later, so they must have been prepared for that eventuality, and since they’ve already said they want to get to know our boyfriends, I would hope they’ll be happy for us.”

Since I had only just gotten up, I started making myself some breakfast. Kodi said he was fine and didn’t want anything. We both talked about our plans for the weekend while I ate. Just as I was finishing my third round of toast, the doorbell rang.

“Hi guys,” I said, as I opened the door.

“Morning Kyle. Kodi said he has something important to tell us,” said Jon.

“I guess so. Come on in.”

We all went into the kitchen, where I found Kodi raiding the fridge.

“I thought you said you weren’t hungry?”

“I’m not Kyle, but I am thirsty. You guys want anything?” Everyone settled on a Coke.

“So, Kodi. What’s so important that you need to tell all of us together?” asked Mika.

“Well guys. It’s like this. I’ve got a boyfriend.”

“Well it’s about time,” Jenny said, “Anyone we know?”

“Why is that always the first question I get asked?”

“What do you mean Kodi?” Mika asked.

“Well guys, I told my parents last night. I wanted to tell you guys first, but you know my parents have been so cool over the whole gay thing, I felt that I owed them this one.”

“Of course we understand you’d tell your parents first. I’m just so happy for you” ,Jenny said. “All we need to do now is find someone for Kyle.”

“Actually Jenny, I’m already spoken for.”

“What! You have a boyfriend and haven’t told us! How long have you been involved with someone, and why haven’t heard about this before?”

“Jenny, it only happened yesterday. Like Kodi, I wanted to tell my parents first.”

“You know guys, I’m beginning to get a strange feeling something very odd is going on here.”

“I know what you mean, Jon. But it can’t be what I’m thinking.”

“Oh, and what are you thinking Mika?” I asked, unable to contain a smile.

“I’ve got this sudden crazy idea that it’s you two who are boyfriends. But that’s crazy, you guys have known each other forever, I’ve never known friends as close as you two.”

“Well, I guess we’re now even closer than before, Mika.”

“No frigging way!!” Jon yelled.

“Yes frigging way!!” Kodi yelled back.

After a few seconds of everyone working it out, Jenny was the first one to speak. “Guys, they’re playing us,” she said, laughing. “They’ve gotten us round here to pull off this trick on us. Those two are no more boyfriends than I’m a bullfrog.”

“Well Jenny, you are looking a little green lately,” I said, as I pulled Kodi close to me, and kissed him on the lips. Forgetting our friends were there, naturally our hands started moving down to our butts and both of us started purring like kittens.

“Alright you guys knock it off,” Jon said, “The last thing I need is for that image to stay with me.”

His sister hit him on the arm and said, “I think it’s beautiful, seeing two people in love. Your problem Jon is you’ve got no romance in your soul.”

“It’s not his fault, Jenny,” I said, “it comes from him being straight.” Everyone started laughing, even Jon joined in.

“So, have you two decided exactly how ‘out’ you’re going to be?” Mika asked.

“Nope. Haven’t discussed it ye,.” I said.

“Well whatever you guys decide, you know I’m with you all the way.”

“Thanks, Mika. That means a lot,” Kodi said; hugging his friend.

“The same goes for me,” the twins said in unison.

“I’m curious,” Jon started, “how far have you two gone?”

“Jonathan Alexander Euchus Rabbins! How dare you ask such a question?”

“Calm down Jenny,” Kodi said, “No need to full name the poor kid. It’s a typical guy question. Though, I think Jon has lead far too sheltered a life to be told about what we’ve done.” Kodi winked at me, and I got the message.

“Come on guys, tell us,” Jon begged.

“Well, if you’re that interested, we’ll show you. Kodi, can you get the egg-whisk and ice-cubes, while I get the frying pan and the parsnips.”

Jon almost fainted dead away, Mika’s jaw dropped and Jenny about to say something, when they saw me and Kodi laughing in hysterics.

“GOTCHA!” we both shouted together.

“Actually, we haven’t done anything other than kiss,” Kodi said.

“What’s it like kissing another guy?”

“How do you mean, Jon?” asked Kodi.

“Well, I mean does it feel any different than when you kiss a girl? Do you do anything differently kissing another guy than kissing a girl?”

“Well Jon, since Kodi and I have never actually kissed a girl, what with being gay and all, we don’t know what it feels like to kiss a girl. As for ‘doing anything different’ again since we’ve never actually kissed a girl, I don’t really know. From what I’ve seen in films and on TV, it doesn’t look like we do anything differently than you straight boys.”

“Not that Jon would know anyway. He’s never even kissed a girl.”

“Jenny, how can you say such slanderous things about me?”

“Jon, they’re only slanderous if they’re untrue.”

“I have so kissed a girl.”

“Dude, your sister doesn’t count,” I said laughing.

“Oh my God Kyle, that it so gross, on so many levels. It’s not even funny,” Jon said.

“Well, if you two ever want to go out on a date, I’m happy to come along if you want me to, so it doesn’t look too obvious.”

“Thanks, Mika.”

“That goes for me as well,” Jenny added, “We could even double date. Me with Kodi, and Mika with Kyle.”

“How come you get Kodi?” Mika asked.

“I prefer blonds,” Jenny stated, matter of factly.

“I know school isn’t going to be the usual problem, since Kyle has long since left, but I’ll hang around as well if you guys ever need me to.”

“Thanks Jon,” Kodi said, “Though if what our parents said is true, then school may become an issue.”

“Oh, why’s that?”

“Well, the education authority apparently isn’t happy that I’m not doing any PE. There has been talk about me having to start going back to school. Never mind the fact they were happy for me not to take PE while I’ve been skipping grades. Wouldn’t really have been fair putting scrawny little me on a rugby team with a bunch of fifteen year olds who are twice my size would it?”

“That’s ridiculous, Kyle. You’ve finished school and you’ve got your A-Levels. Hell, you’re due to start university in the autumn.”

“That’s my parent’s argument. They’ve got a meeting next week to try to resolve this, hopefully without me having to go to school for two hours a week, just to play sports I’m no good at, just to please the sodding education authority for the next six months.”

“You’re not ‘no good’, Kyle. It’s just that God gave you brains instead of athletic ability. You can’t have everything in this life you know. I know you’re not brilliant at sports, but you always try your hardest and I love you as you are, and I wouldn’t change anything about you for the world,” Kodi objected, and leaned across to give me a quick kiss on the cheek.

Our friends left saying they had chores to do before we meet up later, and once again told us how happy they were for us.

“Kodi, how did we manage to luck into such great friends?”

“I don’t know, but if we could bottle it we could make a mint on eBay.”

Copyright © 2012 Andy78; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Bit of a short chapter, but I can see why it ended where it did. Egg-whisks, ice cubes, frying pans and parsnips :o Dare I ask?

Link to comment
On 03/10/2012 04:50 AM, Taliesin69 said:
Bit of a short chapter, but I can see why it ended where it did. Egg-whisks, ice cubes, frying pans and parsnips :o Dare I ask?
I'm glad you liked that. You really shouldn't ask :)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..