Jump to content
    arsimms
  • Author
  • 2,350 Words
  • 1,907 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

For Richer or For Poorer - 1. Chapter 1 - The Beginnings

This is my first story, please be gentle. Comments and suggestions welcome/ wanted. Editors needed. Send emails at tonyrsimms@yahoo.com.
Bryce and Davis are best friends heading for college. They are in love with each other but they have no idea. This is a story of love, coming out, murder conspiracies, homophobia, prejudice and family troubles. Will their love withstand all the trials and tribulations or will it crumble under the pressure?

The alarm breaks the silence, immediately quieted by the young, blond hair, blue-eyed Adonis sleeping in the bed. Bryce Alexander woke, rubbed the sleep out of his eyes, and stretched his well-muscled 6’3’’ frame. He looked around his room. Dozens of packing boxes filled with his stuff stacked on top of each other. It was moving day. The day when his best friend, Davis Caldwell, and he would begin the next chapter in their lives: college. They decided to go to Marquette together and be roommates. Just the thought of rooming with the hunk that is his best friend caused his already hard 9” morning wood to become even harder.

'Time to get you taken care of boy,' he tells his dick.

After he stroked his cock for 10 minutes and squirting a healthy load of warm jizz, Bryce jumped out of bed and got ready to kick start their day of travel to Milwaukee. He got into the shower and continued to fantasize about Davis' sexy physique. Bryce was gay and out to his family. He's secretly in love with Davis but was afraid of being rejected by him. After all the Caldwell family is notoriously homophobic. His dick began to get hard, but he ignored it, and turned the knob to its cold setting. He dressed and went downstairs for breakfast wearing a tight black V-neck shirt, nis favorite blue pair of jogging shorts and his flashy electric blue Nike sneakers.

Just then the doorbell rang. He answered it to find the man of his dreams, Davis Caldwell, 6’2”, 230 lbs. of pure perfection. His chocolate brown hair spiked, and his piercing green eyes hidden by dark sunglasses. He wore a bright green T-shirt that matched his eyes, his black Nike shocks, and a pair of white and green basketball shorts. To Bryce he looked amazing.

“Whats up bro, ready to go?” Bryce says.

Giving a dazzling megawatt smile that could light up a pitch dark cave, Davis said, “Absolutely, but I’m hungry. Have you eaten yet?"

“We're just about to sit down for breakfast, come on let’s eat.” The forthcoming smile made Bryce’s knees weak and his cock stir in his loose shorts.

'Down boy,' he tells it silently.

Davis’ dick was also awakening, but he ignored it. Davis was gay too, but was in the closet because his parents and his brother Jason are extreme homophobes. His father even refuses to take on gay clients at his law firm, and Jason has a history of beating up gay kids when he was in high school and boasts about doing it at Michigan where he is a senior studying law. He is afraid Bryce is the same way.

The two jocks entered the kitchen. The smells of bacon, eggs, sausage and biscuits greeted them. Their mouths watered.

Sitting at the head of the table, in his sharp black business suit and tie reading the day’s newspaper, is Michael Alexander, Bryce’s father. At 48, he still has the body of an athlete and is the older splitting image of his son. Abigail, Bryce’s mother looked as beautiful as ever in her skin tight blue dress and matching blazer and her blond hair in a ponytail. She also has an athletic body she has maintained even after giving birth to three boys over the last twenty-four years. Marc, Bryce’s brother and future star quarterback for Bolingbrook High School, sat quietly, shoveling food in his mouth. He was the youngest son and is the splitting image of his older brother. Their brother James was at college in Milwaukee studying to become a doctor.

“Hey Mom and Dad. Marc.” Bryce said.

“Morning sweetie, Davis. Yvonne has breakfast ready for you two.It's on the stove,” Abigail said.

Yvonne had been the Alexander’s Russian housekeeper for the last 20 years. The Russian blond-haired beauty emigrated from the Soviet Union when the Communist regime began to collapse in 1990, when she was sixteen. She even taught the family Russian and began teaching Davis. He didn't have the heart to tell her that he knew the language already.

After they filled their plates and took their seats, Michael began speaking. “You boys ready for your trip up to school today.”

“Yea.” “Absolutely.” They exclaimed in unison, smiling.

“That’s good. Be good, study hard, don’t party...too hard.” They smirked at that.

“Seriously though, have a good semester, call us at least once a week or when you need to talk to someone, and have some fun boys.”

Bryce exclaims “Yes dad.” Davis remained silent.

“That goes for you too Davis,” Michael said,

“Yes sir.” Davis said.

“Oh and Davis…”

“Yes sir?”

“Call me Michael or Dad, none of that sir shit, understand?”

“Yes sir… I mean Michael.” Marc and Bryce chuckle at the slip up

“Good.”. Michael chuckled.

“I’m going to miss you guys now that your leaving.” Marc said.

“I’m going to miss you too, bro.” Bryce said emotionally.

“Yea little brother, you better make me proud on the football field.” Davis adds.

"Absolutely bro," Marc said. He looked at his watch and exclaimed, “Shit! I gotta go. Love you guys. Later.”

“Marc, language!” Abigail admonished.

“Sorry Mom, love you too. Love you Dad,” he said sheepishly.

“See you sweetie, love you too.”

“Have a good day squirt” Dad said.

“Bye bro,” Bryce and Davis state in unison, chuckling.

Looking at the time Bryce and Davis excuse themselves, and hugged Michael, Abigail, and Marc before getting the rest of Bryce’s possessions and put them into Davis' car. They would have Bryce's car shipped to their apartment when they got settled in. Once they got everything packed into the car, they were ready to begin the next chapter in their lives.

***

The trip to Milwaukee from Bolingbrook took just a little over two hours, so Davis and Bryce stopped to get some air and exercise and just walk around Chicago’s iconic Navy Pier, to kill some time. Walking along the shore they would take sneak peeks at the other’s tanned, gym and football sculpted bodies, admiring their hard work and wishing they looked like the other.

After they spent a few hours on Lake Michigan swimming, goofing off, and throwing the football around, they became aware they were being watched, They could normally toss the football all day and not get tired of it. But there were a couple of girls that tried to get their undivided attention, One of them Melissa, took a liking towards Davis.She rubbed herself all over his sweaty muscle-toned body. This made him extremely uncomfortable and he wanted to get rid of her.

“Hey sexy, why don’t we do something more exciting?” Melissa said, seductively.

“Like what?” he asked.

“Let's like go make out in your car somewhere and do the nasty, how does that sound?”

Perturbed, Davis looked at his best friend and said, “I’m sorry, but I’m dating someone. No thanks.”

Bryce looked hurt, but quickly squashed it realizing Davis was trying desperately to get rid of her. Melissa on the other hand couldn't hide her distaste for this rebuttal and continued to flirt with him, “Come on baby, you know you want this,” pointing to her big surgically enhanced breasts.

“I can't wait to slide your big cock up my pussy, stud,” she said whispering in his ear grabbing his package.

Bryce’s eyes bugged out and his mouth dropped at the girl’s audacity to do this in public.

“What a slut,” he thought to himself. Davis’ reaction stunned him even more.

“Listen slut! You’re not getting anywhere near my cock, so keep your filthy hands off, OK? You’re not even my type. I wouldn't touch you if you were the last girl on Earth.” he shouted and pushed her away.

Davis then turned to Bryce, who was shell shocked, smiled and said, “Come on, let’s eat before I regret saying anything more to this sorry excuse for a woman.”

The boys walked off, leaving a stunned and fuming Melissa and other stunned beach-goers in their wake.

“I’ll get you boy, even if I have to force myself on you,” Melissa threatened under her breath. She stormed off in the other direction to join her friend.

“Man, that was intense,” Bryce said.

“I know. Come on, I’m hungry.” Davis said.

“You’re always hungry.” Bryce laughed. Davis joined in, breaking the tension caused by Melissa. The boys went to the parking lot and grabbed the picnic basket out of the car. They pulled out the food Yvonne had packed for the both of them and scarfed it down in comfortable silence.

“Dude, this lunch hits the right spot.” Davis said, wolfing down an Italian pastrami sandwich piled high with layers of cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, and thickly-cut pickles.

“Hell yea it does, I’m gonna definitely miss eating Yvonne’s meals on a daily basis,” Bryce said, his mouth full of his own Italian Beef and Ham sub.

After they filled their stomachs, they laid down on their towels and attempted to catch some rays. This lasted about an hour, though, because the ever expanding crowds and unwanted female attention they were still receiving made them uneasy. They picked up their towels, the basket, and their trash and left.

Upset by Davis' earlier rejection and the public humiliation that followed, Melissa trailed the boys from a distance.

Davis went to the bathroom to relieve himself while Bryce went to put the stuff in the car. Melissa snuck into the men’s room behind him, and confronted Davis, grabbing his dick at the urinal.

Davis, freaked out by Melissa grabbing his cock, pushed her into the stall partition and screamed, “What the fuck? Didn’t you understand me telling you no? Are you fucking crazy?”

Melissa, angry at the rejection, screamed, “What the fuck is wrong with you? Are you a faggot or something? I’m practically asking you to fuck me and you keep pushing me away. How can you resist this sexy body?”

“Why would you follow me in here? Are you insane?”

“I want to suck that fat cock and get fucked hard right here, right now.”

“Listen, I got to go. I want nothing to do with you. Bryce and I are leaving. Get the fuck out of my way!”

“Is Bryce your little faggot boyfriend? You rather have his dick up your ass than fuck my tight pussy, you sick little fairy?”

“So what if I do? What’s it to you? Besides even if I was straight, I wouldn't even date you. You’re a slut, I wouldn't touch you with a ten foot pole. Please!!! With the way you’re pushing yourself on me, I wouldn't be surprised if I could drive a semi-truck up your vagina!”

Melissa rewarded him with a slap to his face, scratching him

Bryce, wondering what was taking so long, went back to to the bathrooms, heard the screaming, and walked in at the moment of Davis' admission. He was frozen on the spot, stunned as Davis spat angrily at the girl. Davis turned to walk out, only to stop dead in his tracks at the appearance of his best friend.

'Perfect!!! There goes our friendship, where am I gonna stay now? He’s gonna tell my parents. What the hell am I gonna do now?' Davis groveled silently.

“Come on Bryce. Let’s get the fuck out of here!!” He said panicking.

“Yea, that’s right fags! Get the fuck out of here! Your types make me sick, I hope you die of AIDS, go fuck yourselves!" she screamed.

“Shut the fuck up you pompous little slut. Get the fuck out of here before we call the cops,” Bryce screamed back at her.

“Come on Bryce, let’s get on the road. You can’t fix ignorance. The bitch is not worth it,” Davis said venomously.

***

They drove to Milwaukee for the better part of an hour in uncomfortable silence, Davis couldn't take it anymore. He said, dejected, “I’ll understand if you don’t want to room with me anymore. I’ll find another place to stay.”

“Why would you need to find another place to stay? You don’t want to be my roommate anymore?”

“Well...yeah, but I didn’t think you’d want a faggot living with you?” Davis said scared.

Bryce slammed on the brakes.

“Don’t you EVER call yourself that name again, you understand me?” Bryce said angrily.

“I'm sorry," Davis said, shrinking in his seat at his friend's outburst. "It’s just that I was scared you would reject me like my family will when I come out. I can’t lose you Bry.”

“I’m hurt you would think of me being like your dead-beat parents or your asshole brother.” Bryce said sourly.

Davis looked at Bryce guiltily for not trusting the person he's come to love more than anyone.

“You’re my best friend, I would do anything to protect you and keep you safe. I love you, bro," Bryce said, fist bumping Davis on the shoulder

“Sorry I doubted you. I love ya too.” Davis said sheepishly.

“Don’t be sorry. If I had your family, I’d be terrified of other people’s reactions. Not to mention, that crazy bitch’s reaction didn’t help much. Don’t sweat it, you’re my bro for life. For richer or for poorer.” Bryce said.

After the heavy conversation, silence enveloped the car for the rest of their trip, albeit a comfortable one. When they got to the apartment they fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow, the emotional afternoon catching up to them.

***

On a dark, rainy night in Chicago, a woman stood under a black umbrella waiting on a street corner near Willis Tower. She was waiting on someone. Suddenly a silver BMW pulled up to the curb. The window rolled down and a man in an expensive Armani suit told her to get in.

“What you want me to do for you tonight?” she asked, putting her hand on his crotch and gave it a squeeze.

The man was silent for a second, then punched her in the face. She lost consciousness.

“I want your blood, bitch.” he said with an evil smile plastered on his face.

This is my first story, please be gentle. Comments and suggestions welcome/ wanted. Editors needed. Send emails at tonyrsimms@yahoo.com.
Bryce and Davis are best friends heading for college. They are in love with each other but they have no idea. This is a story of love, coming out, murder conspiracies, homophobia, prejudice and family troubles. Will their love withstand all the trials and tribulations or will it crumble under the pressure?
2014 Reese Simms; All Rights Reserved
  • Like 11
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I wonder why Bryce didn't pull over and confess his feelings to Davis?

 

I really enjoyed the first chapter. :) I'm looking forward to their college days, and I'm really curious about the prostitute who got punched. Where is Wills Tower? Is that near the school?

 

Oh, and one other thing: 11 inches? Really? lol :P:P

Link to comment
On 04/18/2014 11:17 AM, Lisa said:
I wonder why Bryce didn't pull over and confess his feelings to Davis?

 

I really enjoyed the first chapter. :) I'm looking forward to their college days, and I'm really curious about the prostitute who got punched. Where is Wills Tower? Is that near the school?

 

Oh, and one other thing: 11 inches? Really? lol :P:P

willis Tower is what used to be called Sears Tower
Link to comment

Oh wow, this story is intense man. I love these guys. They are very realistic. They seem like some good guys and I hope it works out for them. College is always a fun time ;)

And I agree with Lisa! 11! This guy is huge! Lucky man!

Link to comment
On 04/20/2014 04:10 AM, Astro said:
Oh wow, this story is intense man. I love these guys. They are very realistic. They seem like some good guys and I hope it works out for them. College is always a fun time ;)

And I agree with Lisa! 11! This guy is huge! Lucky man!

I changed it to be even more realistic. Thanks for the feedback Astro.
Link to comment

What works: I really like Bryce (then again I may be biased, LoL). I also like Davis. I like the depiction of Bryce's family. They all seem like a very supportive family. I like the interaction between Bryce and Davis. There seems to be a comfortability there.

 

What I struggled with: The girl - Melissa - came off extremely aggressive and unless she is intregal to the future plot, I felt the scene with her to be a bit ... overkill. Then again ... perhaps there are ladies out there who are forward like that. Maybe I just did not like her. Perhaps that is the intent of the author.

One minor criticism: Please remember that this is merely a criticism and it does not have any bearings on whether or not I liked the story - which I do like the story. One of my professors in undergrad told me dialogue tags, for the most part, are not really needed as much as we think they are needed- especially when two characters are interacting. The reason he said this is because as readers, we tend to see dialogue as green lights and dialogue tags as red lights. The goal of a writer should be to have as many green lights in their writing as possible and if there are too many dialogue tags (red lights) eventually your readers will start running them. Like I said ... we all have our own unique writing styles and I don't think there is one particular way of writing but as a reader I did find myself ignoring the dialogue tags especially when the dialogue was just between Bryce and Davis.

 

Overall: I am completely invested in your story. You ended the chapter with a cliff-hanger. I want to know who the man in the car is and who the woman is. I want to know more about Davis and his homophobic family. I want to know why Bryce's family is so supportive of him. I think you're off to a great start.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..