Jump to content
    Avangelion
  • Author
  • 945 Words
  • 1,416 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Heartless - 1. Chapter 1

Let me start out by telling you who I am; My name is Garret, I’m 18 and a senior in high school. I know my age doesn’t fit my school year, but I started school late so I’m older than most of my classmates.

Anyway, I am know to be the most handsome, gloomy and arrogant asshole in the whole school, and currently I am sitting in my seat, on forth row, by the window, looking, with shock, at the very reason of my trauma and my horrible personality.

It all started at the first year of senior high, I was 15 at the time, and I had this huge crush on my classmate Alex. We weren’t really friends. He was like, the most popular guy in our year and got plenty confessions; me, on the other hand, I was more like the biggest geek in our year, I didn’t really have any friends, one or two, but not someone I hung out with all that much.

Anyway we got this big assignment and were split into teams of 2 and 2, and to my luck and joy I was paired up with Alex. We went to an empty room to discuss how to process.

After an hour of subject discussion I gathered the courage to tell him how happy I felt, that we could work together like this. At first I didn’t get an answer so I looked up from my papers, just to see this disgusted look on Alex’s face.

“Just because I was forced to pair up with you, it’ doesn’t mean that we’re friends… so disgusting” with that he got up and left the room, leaving me alone, frozen in my seat too shocked to cry.

After that incident I ended up skipping school for two days and finishing the whole work on my own. And I never got any word of thanks or anything else for my hard efforts. He just ignored my very existence.

I was so hurt that I all together stopped talking to anyone, never looking at anyone while in school, I was even considering to ask my mom for a transfer, but in the end I decided it would just be too easy, I needed to fight.

In the end Alex ended up transferring to study abroad at the end of the year and I never got the chance to fight.

Coming back from summer holidays I was changed, I even realized it myself, and I didn’t really try to hide it. My geeky self was gone and left was this cold arrogant presence that wasn’t really me, but since I took care of my school and kept up my good grades, my mom didn’t really have anything to complain about, and I was still a good son at home, helping out and keeping good manners.

As a sophomore I shot up from 61 inches to 71 in one year, my shoulders grew broader, my face became more manly and my voice deeper, giving me a clear advantage with the girls, not that I cared but I had my fun, seeing their dejected faces. It wasn’t that I got off from stepping on their feelings, but girls talk, so they should know to stay away, but maybe they thought they could “cure” me of my misery.

Then, During my junior year I started working out, a lot, to relieve some of my boredom, I went to the gym and the swimming bath, and on weekends I went running.

With this, even more girls started confessing, it started to get really annoying so I ended up not even replying, I just turned my back on them and walked away. I know it was really rude but I didn’t care anymore, I even had guys confess to me. So when Summer holidays finally came I couldn’t get home fast enough.

But now I’m back as a senior, and with this standing in front of me, it’s definitely not going to be a good year.

“Please welcome our transfer student, Alex Cooper, he’s just come back from Australia where he’s been studying for the past two years” the teacher who didn’t know Alex from before was looking in his student file book while speaking.

“It’s good to be back, please be friends with me once again” Alex announced with a huge smile, once the teacher were done, a face I had never seen him make before.

“Hey, isn’t that the freshmen who was crazily popular back then?” my table neighbor Ethan leaned over and whispered his question. I leaned away from the guy, closer to the window.

“Why the fuck would I care? Leave me alone” and Ethan quickly pulled back to his own space, and if the day couldn’t be any worse the only free seat was in third row, in front of me, so it wasn’t really a surprise when Alex came towards me and smiled when our gazes met.

As he sat down he turned around, smiling at me once again.

“Nice to meet you, what’s your name?” for a moment we just stared at each other, then I leaned back crossed my arms and narrowed my gaze at him, hoping he would just turn around and leave me alone, I didn’t want to talk to him, but the only reaction I got was a very puzzled look on his face.

Then Ethan jumped to the guys rescue.

“You might as well give it up, he’s not going to answer you. I’m Ethan, nice to meet you” Alex gave Ethan an insecure smile as thanks and turned towards the school board and class started.

Thanks for reading =)
Copyright © 2015 Avangelion; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..