Jump to content
    Bill W
  • Author
  • 6,092 Words
  • 3,755 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Castaway Hotel: Next Generation - 42. Having Some Fun With the Boys

After spending all day Monday at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, I thought it might be good to do something totally different today. With that in mind, I opted to take the boys to Cedar Point Amusement Park on Tuesday. For thirteen straight years, ‘Amusement Today’ has deemed Cedar Point the ‘Best Amusement Park in the World,’ so I knew we couldn’t visit the Cleveland area and not check it out.

This place is also referred to as the ‘Roller Coaster Capital of the World’ and for good reason. It has seventeen different roller coasters in all, three of which are geared toward the younger and less adventurous riders. It is also the only park in the world to have four roller coasters that are taller than 200 feet (61 m). Since I already knew these facts, I realized my stomach is going to be in for one wild experience, but I felt it was going to be worth it. I was willing to suffer a little, in order to make sure the boys have a blast.

I tried to get the boys to start off on some of the less frightening roller coasters and thrill rides, and then gradually build up to the ones on which I might need to buy some Depends before I went on them, but I had trouble convincing them. After haranguing them a little longer, I finally succeeded in getting them to agree this might be a wise move. For that reason, our first hour at the park was fairly tame, as we rode on some of the water rides and tamer thrill rides, which didn’t attempt to rearrange our internal organs.

We went on the Dodgem next, which is basically a bumper car ride. I won’t claim I was surprised when all of the boys began to target me much of the time, but I gave back as good as I got. They also went after each other, so I wasn’t their only target, just the primary one. I’m glad I didn’t have to get back into the Suburban and go somewhere after finishing this ride, because I might have been tempted to crash into some of the other drivers along the way. Once you get in the mindset of smashing into the other vehicles, it’s kind of hard to break that urge afterward. I wonder if demolition derby drivers have that same problem.

After we left there, we went on the Scrambler next. You’re probably familiar with this type of ride, because it seems there is something similar in every amusement park. This ride spins clockwise, but your car spins counter-clockwise and gets your insides all scrambled up – hence the name. My first memory of riding a similar ride was back when I was about eight years old, so this type of ride has been around for a while.

If that didn’t do enough to get my internal organs in an uproar, once we got off of that ride, we went over and rode on the Troika next. This is a ride similar to the Scrambler, but this time your car rises 25 feet (7.5 m) above the ground as it’s spins you around. Now, you’re not only going around and around, but you’re also going up and down, so it did wonders for my stomach.

When that ride ended, we hit two of the milder roller coasters next. The first was the Blue Streak, which is a traditional wooden roller coaster, and we followed that with a spin around the Cedar Creek Mine Ride. This one simulates a runaway mine train adventure and made me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom movie, where the main character and his companions were involved in a wild chase scene that took place in mining cars.

From there, we returned to some of the other rides that merely spin you around in circles or swing back and forth, as they lift you higher into the air. It was a nice change of pace, but I knew it wouldn’t last for very long. I was correct in my assessment and my little reprieve ended when the boys dragged me off to take on one of the big guns.

This time, they ushered me over to the Millennium Force roller coaster, which rises to a dizzying height of 310 feet (94.5 m). When I agreed, Elliot said he wanted to ride next to me. I was a little surprised by his announcement, since he had ridden with me on the ride just before the last one we were on, but I didn’t push the issue. Since there’s an uneven number in our group (five) and the ride seats two across, Jesse offered to be the odd man out and ride next to a stranger.

As the roller coaster started out, I noticed that Elliot had a firm grip on his safety harness. I looked over at him again a little while later, as we started up one of the first really high inclines, and noticed that his knuckles were totally white from his death grip on the safety bars. When I looked at his face, I noticed his complexion was completely pale, so I knew he was doing all he could to keep from losing it.

I continued to keep an eye on him as we went around the track, just to make certain he didn’t pass out. I was also hoping he wasn’t going to vomit, because it would fly back on him, as well as end up hitting Jordan and Nicky, who were seated immediately behind us. After seeing his reaction, I concluded Elliot must suffer from acrophobia, since he didn’t exhibit any other signs of distress until we went on this very high roller coaster.

Even though I knew it wasn’t possible, it still made me wonder if he might have inherited this problem from Brandon. If you remember our trip to Arizona when the boys were younger, Brandon experienced a similar situation when we rode the mules down into the Grand Canyon. He ended up doing all right, but it was a struggle for him and he admitted to me later that he had a definite problem with heights. It appears that Elliot suffers from that same condition.

When the ride ended, I pulled Elliot aside, so I could speak to him privately and see how he was doing.

“Are you all right?” I asked. “I take it you don’t like heights, huh.”

“Not really, but I’m able to handle things like roller coasters,” he agreed, “as long as I concentrate on what’s happening.”

“Hey, as long as you’re sure,” I told him, “but just let me know if there’s any ride you’re not comfortable with. Don’t worry about what the other boys might say or do, because I’ll take care of them.”

“It’s okay,” Elliot replied. “I can deal with anything they have to dish out.”

We did a couple of easier rides next and then the boys wanted to try the Top Thrill Dragster roller coaster. This is one of the tallest (410 feet / 125 m) and fastest (120 m.p.h. / 193 k.p.h.) roller coasters in the world. I quickly looked toward Elliot and asked him very quietly if he wanted to do this and he told me he would be fine.

“I want to go with Papa on this one. Okay?” Elliot announced.

The others said that would be fine and I was glad he had done this. Otherwise, I’d be very worried about how he was doing.

Once again, it was another white-knuckle ride for him and I noticed that he had his eyes screwed shut most of the time. I was worried this was too much for him, but then remembered that he was the one who said he wanted to do it and hoped he knew his limitations better than I did.

Elliot’s legs seemed to be a little wobbly, once we got off that ride and began to make our way to the next one, but otherwise he appeared no worse for wear, or so I thought. Elliot and Nicky were a few steps behind the rest of us, as we made our way through the crowd, when I heard Nicky tell Elliot that he didn’t look good. I turned just in time to see Elliot double over and throw up, right on Nicky’s shoes.

“Oh gross,” Nicky moaned.

Jesse and Jordan couldn’t contain their laughter, but Elliot looked absolutely miserable. He not only felt terrible for vomiting on Nicky, but he was also totally embarrassed about the way the passersby were looking at him.

Noting Elliot’s discomfort, I suggested we sit down for a minute. When we stopped, Nicky ran off to the restroom to clean his shoes and I sent Jordan and Jesse to get a bottle of water for Elliot. Once the boys came back, Elliot rinsed out his mouth and apologized profusely to Nicky for what had happened.

For his part, Nicky was very sympathetic and told Elliot he wasn’t mad, because accidents happen. I could tell that Elliot still felt a little embarrassed, so I explained that he probably just had too much adrenaline in his system after the ride and that had been responsible for what we would later refer to as ‘the incident.’

This seemed to make him feel better, and when he was ready, I told the boys I thought Elliot would appreciate it if they would select an easier ride next. They quickly agreed, but the break was short lived. After that ride ended, the other three began pleading for me to let them go on the Power Tower next.

This is a ride that definitely appeared as if it was going to be something Elliot might have difficulty with. You see, there are four towers to this ride and two of them are used to first shoot the riders up into the air a total of 240 feet (73 m) until they reach the top. Then it then gives you a fairly gentle trip back to the ground.

The other two towers are used for the second part of the ride. This time the riders are taken up gradually and then it thrusts them back down to the ground in a faster-than-free-fall plunge. Of course, three of the boys were very eager to try both of these rides, while the remaining one was conspicuously silent.

“I think I’m just gonna sit down here and watch you guys this time,” Elliot stated.

“You’ve gotta come on this one,” Jesse pleaded. “Come on. Don’t be a wuss.”

“Leave him alone,” Nicky chastised Jesse, “unless you want to wear the rest of his breakfast.”

“I think Elliot should sit this one out and let his stomach rest a bit, before he goes on another aggressive ride like this,” I interjected, in an effort to take the pressure off of Elliot.

The boys didn’t say anything more after I’d said my piece, but I could see Jesse and Jordan’s expressions pleading with Elliot to reconsider and give in. I was glad he stuck to his guns about this and I elected to sit out this ride as well. When Elliot saw I wasn’t going with the others, he told me he didn’t need for me to stay behind with him. I assured him it wasn’t a big deal, but he insisted I go on the ride with the others. After trying to convince him otherwise, his continued persistence finally convinced me to give in. It seemed important to him that I not sit this ride out, so I went off to catch up with the other three boys.

Once I was on the Power Tower with them, I didn’t actually think the rate of ascent or descent was too bad, but I could see where Elliot would have difficulty with how high it went and how quickly it came down. I think he might have been able to handle it, if it took place in a closed car, but since we had to sit in a harness with our legs dangling below, it didn’t give us that added feeling of support that being in an enclosed car might. I’m fairly certain this ride would probably have affected him, so it was good that he’d decided not to try it.

Once we’d tried both sides, I suggested we take a short break and grab something to eat. I advised them not to stuff themselves, because I didn’t want one of them to puke his guts out on the rides later, when we continued to make our way around the park. Elliot seemed particularly cautious after the earlier incident and merely picked at his food. In fact, Jordan ended up wolfing down most of Elliot’s lunch for him.

Since I thought it might be wise to take it easy right after we’d eaten, I suggested we should head over to Challenge Park next. This is a separate area of the park, but it also has some activities that will provide us the needed time for our lunch to settle. I suggested we start off on one of the two miniature golf courses, but I let the boys check them out first and then choose which one they wanted to try.

Damn! I don’t know if the other course was as difficult as this one, but it was not an easy course. It was eighteen very challenging holes with extremely sloped hills and difficult water hazards, along with a variety of caves, ramps and other obstacles we had to overcome to score well. I’m not really a golfer, but I usually do fairly well on a miniature golf course. However, this one was definitely the exception to that rule.

I was happy to finish this activity and leave the area. I’ll admit I didn’t do as well as the boys, so I guess being younger and more agile might have made some of the shots a little easier for them to make. However, there were exceptions to that rule too. Even though he was doing better than I was, Jesse lost his balance taking one of his shots and fell to his knee in one of the water hazards. Fortunately, he was wearing shorts, so there wasn’t a lot of fabric to get wet, but it did sort of look like he’d pissed himself. I’m fairly confident that more than one passerby also came to that conclusion when they saw him.

Another time, Nicky went to take his shot and knocked the golf ball completely over the restraining devices that where meant to keep the golf balls on the course. When he ran to retrieve his ball, he slipped and did a nosedive into the turf. Needless to say, the other three razed him for a while about his coordination and gracefulness.

In the end though, Jesse and Jordan finished with identical low scores, so I just declared them co-champions and then urged them to move on to the next ride. The others seemed fine with this, since I think they were also mildly frustrated by the difficulty of the course.

From here, we went to the Challenger Racing area, where two go-kart tracks are located. The first is the Sprint track, with tight turns and fast straight-aways, and the other is the Grand Prix track, which is designed primarily with speed in mind. Since you have to be sixteen to go on the Grand Prix course and Nicky and Elliot are only fifteen, we all opted to go on the Sprint karts instead. The boys had argued we could sneak the other two in to the Grand Prix area and claim they were sixteen, but the sign stated that valid identification was required. Once they realized this, the boys gave up their protest, because Jordan didn’t have a valid ID with him either.

I knew the boys would want to challenge me on the track, but I didn’t want to risk them getting too competitive and then take crazy chances that might end up putting them in a bad wreck. However, I quickly became aware that they weren’t going to let me do this and I had little option but to teach them this old man was no slouch. I think they were a little surprised when I finally gunned it and quickly left them in the dust. Once the ride ended, they claimed I had cheated, because they’d been holding back until I agreed to race them. Oh, well. Live and learn, I guess.

Once we left this area, three of the boys selected the next two rides they wanted to go on, but I could tell that Elliot didn’t want to go with them. Therefore, I told the other three boys they could go on those rides together, while Elliot and I went back for another spin on the Sprint track. I even made an exception to my previous rule and raced Elliot from the start. I must admit he put up a good battle, but being an experienced driver I was able to out maneuver him and won our little competition.

While Elliot and I were racing, the others went to the first of the new rides they wanted to try. It was called The Ripcord and I think the name gives you a pretty good idea about what it is. Actually, it hooks together three flight-suited riders at a time and hoists them into the air on a stainless steel cable, which takes them to the top of a 15-story (150 feet / 45.5 m) tower. Once they come to a stop, the designated person is instructed to pull the ripcord. When this is done, all three riders began plummeting toward the ground at 65 m.p.h. (104.5 k.p.h.), until they come to a stop just six-feet (2 m) above the ground.

You would think that would have been the end of the ride, but it wasn’t. Once they were dangling at the bottom, the next part of the ride kicked in. At this point, the suspended riders began to move again and were soon gliding through the 310-foot (94.5 m) long ‘zoom zone’ and experiencing the sensation of flight, before being returned to the launch pad. I’m certainly glad Elliot was wise enough not to try this, because I think the free-fall would have done him in.

Once the other three got off the ride, they were all eager to inform me that Nicky started screaming like a little girl just as soon as the ripcord was pulled and they started their dive toward the earth. Needless to say, he received more than a little razzing over that too.

Once they calmed down again, they walked over to get in line for the Skyscraper next. Elliot and I watched as they studied the ride and chatted with each other. Then, they suddenly came racing back to where we were.

“Papa, this ride takes four people at a time and we all what you to go on it with us, rather than have one of us ride next to a stranger,” Jordan told me. “Won’t you please do this for us?”

“Guys, I think I’m going to sit this one out…” I began, but Elliot cut me off.

“Go with them,” he urged. “You don’t need to stay with me. I’ll be fine. Please, go with the rest of them and enjoy the ride. I’ll feel badly if you don’t do it, because I’ll know you’re not going on it just because of me.”

“Elliot, are you sure?” I pressed. “I’ve been to a bunch of amusement parks and ridden tons of rides, so missing one of them isn’t going to deprive me of anything.”

“Maybe not, but they want you to go with them,” he countered. “Just do it for me. Okay?”

“If that’s what you want,” I replied.

For some reason, this seemed very important to Elliot and I didn’t want to make him feel badly by staying behind. I also didn’t want to make him feel responsible for my missing out on this experience. After making certain he would be all right by himself, I went and joined the other three.

This ride is basically a huge propeller, consisting of two arms, and you sit in open-carts, with your feet dangling, as it spins you around in a full circle. Each arm of the propeller takes two riders, so there is room for four in total. I suggested that Nicky ride with me on the one side, which was my attempt to balance the weight distribution with the two on the other side. I was positive Nicky and I would still weigh more than Jordan and Jesse, but it would be the least amount of difference than any other combination.

Once the ride started, we were spun around at speeds of up to 55 m.p.h. (88.5 k.p.h.) and the propeller rose up 16 stories (160 feet / 48.5 m) in the air. We continued going around, as well as up, so it was quite a thrilling experience. When the ride ended, we went back to join up with Elliot again and he had a huge grin on his face as we approached.

“What are you smiling about?” Jesse challenged.

“I was watching you on the giant screen and the looks on your faces told me I was glad I didn’t go on that ride with you,” Elliot stated, when we were close enough that he didn’t have to shout. “Papa didn’t look too bad, and I guess Jesse didn’t either, but Nicky and Jordan looked like they were about to crap their pants.”

“Hey, at least I went on it,” Jordan shot back, defensively.

“I know I chickened out, but I’m willing to bet none of you would have wanted to sit by me, after what happened to Nicky,” Elliot chuckled.

The others conceded this point and we started off for the next ride.

“I wasn’t worried about crapping my pants,” Nicky announced, “but I do think I might have wet myself a little.”

This caused us all to laugh, even Nicky. When we finally stopped giggling, Jordan spoke next.

“Okay, I wasn’t so brave either,” he confessed, “I screamed like one of those chicks in a horror film, but I wasn’t worried about Jesse saying anything about me doing that. I don’t think he could hear me over his own screams.”

We were all laughing again, as Jesse punched Jordan in the shoulder, although he did so lightly.

“Yeah, I think my dad was the only one who was able to handle the ride fairly well,” Jesse confessed. “I’ll admit I’ve never been on a ride quite like that before.”

“I appreciate your confidence in me,” I responded, “even though your statement isn’t quite accurate. Let me just say that I’m glad I remembered to wear my Depends.”

“No way!” Nicky shouted. “You’re really wearing one of those adult diapers?”

“No, Nicky,” I confessed, “but just because I’m not wearing one is no indication that it wasn’t needed.”

This comment sent the boys into another fit of laughter.

After they calmed down again, we returned to the main part of the park, so we could go on more of the rides. We did stop for a while to fill our bellies at dinnertime and then we stayed at the park until closing. Each of the boys told me he really had a great time, even Elliot, and then each one thanked me for bringing them here.

Jesse hopped in the front passenger seat and the others got in back, with Nicky in the middle. Sometime during the drive back, Jordan’s stomach decided to pay him back for the large lunch he’d eaten and the later dinner he’d filled up on. When I pulled into the parking space, the tire hit the parking bumper and that was enough of a jolt to cause Jordan to toss his cookies all over poor Nicky.

Jesse, Elliot bolted from the car as fast as they could and ran a few feet away to clear out of the danger zone. The smell was horrendous and I think they were afraid that inhaling the foul odor would cause us to blow chunks too. For that reason, they didn’t come near the Suburban again.

At this point, Jordan was looking a little sheepish, yet relieved that everything that had been building up in his stomach was no longer causing him discomfort. When I looked in the backseat, I discovered Nicky was covered in vomit, a shocked expression on his face.

“Nicky, are you okay?” I asked.

“AHHHHHH,” he screamed.

I could hear the others busting up with laughter, as I gently coaxed Nicky out of the car. I hate to say it, but I’ve never seen a more pathetic sight, and that doesn’t even begin to take into account the smell. Fortunately, I was able to have the motel’s handyman hook up a hose, so I could hose Nicky down first, and then I sent him and the others to shower and hop in bed.

While they were doing that, I attempted to clean out the back seat. It was not an easy job and I found myself gagging and having to fight back the impulses that would have made an even bigger mess. Needless to say, I left the windows open about an inch, so it could air out overnight. I certainly wasn’t worried about anyone stealing the Suburban, because the smell alone would have driven them off. What I was concerned about was that it might rain before morning and drench the interior. Otherwise, I would have left the windows all the way down.

Nicky was still furious, but not just because Jordan had thrown up on him. He was also pissed at Jesse and Elliot for laughing about it. Nicky didn’t even take time to stop before he charged into the bathroom and jumped into the shower. He was eager to wash the smell and anything else off his body, as well as being able to get away from the rest of them for a while.

After Nicky finished, Jordan went in next, followed by Jesse. Elliot was the last to shower and when he came out of the bathroom, Jesse and Jordan were already sound asleep. Seeing that, Elliot slipped into bed behind Nicky and put his arm around him.

“I’m sorry I laughed at you,” Elliot offered. “I know I shouldn’t have, because I wouldn’t have liked it if that had happened to me, let alone twice in the same day.”

Nicky didn’t say anything but Elliot could feel the tension in his shoulders subside a bit. Sensing this, Elliot leaned in and kissed Nicky gently on the neck. Nicky rolled over and kissed Elliot back, on the lips. The boys kissed softly and gently for several minutes and Elliot thought it was very romantic. It also gave him the courage to do what he did next.

“Nicky, I want to tell you something, but I’m afraid if I do you might not like me anymore,” Elliot confessed.

“I didn’t get mad when you puked on me, so what could you say that would make me not like you now?” Nicky laughed, but stopped when he realized Elliot was being serious.

“What is it Elliot? I’m sorry I just made a joke about it, but you can tell me,” Nicky urged.

“I love you, Nicky. I think I’m IN love with you,” Elliot confessed.

There was total silence after he finished and Elliot felt that awkward moment lasted for hours. He held his breath and waited for Nicky to say something – anything.

“Elliot, that’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said to me,” Nicky finally responded, as he leaned in and kissed Elliot on the cheek.

For a moment, Elliot’s heart soared, but Nicky’s next comment brought it crashing back to Earth.

“I mean it, Elliot, but well, I’m not gay,” Nicky told him.

“Oh, I just thought that with the things we’ve been doing and the kissing and stuff that maybe you might, you know, like me,” Elliot blushed.

“I do like you. I even love you, but just not like that,” Nicky explained. “I love you like I love Jordan and Jesse, you know, like family.”

“But you never kiss them,” Elliot objected.

“I know, but I just figured that was something special between us,” Nicky confessed.

“Wow. I’m sorry, Nicky. I like you a lot and you’re so cute that I guess I just let myself get carried away,” Elliot reasoned. “I should have realized you weren’t gay that night we first kissed.”

“You don’t have anything to be sorry about,” Nicky admonished. “I’m glad you told me and I think that was a really brave thing to do. I think what I have with you, Jesse and Jordan is really special, and this won’t change anything between us.

“Do you mean that? I don’t want this to ruin our friendship, because it means a lot to mean,” Elliot confirmed.

“Does this answer your question?” Nicky asked, as he pressed his lips against Elliot’s and pushed his tongue gently into his mouth.

The boys kissed for some time, before Nicky rolled onto his side, snuggled up against Elliot and pulled Elliot’s arm around him. He had been sincere when he said nothing would change, because he loved the closeness he had with his cousins, especially Elliot. The problem is, he still couldn’t deny or change who he is – and who he is isn’t gay.

Once it was quiet and he’d had time to think about it, Elliot eyes welled up a little. He was heartbroken that he wouldn’t be able to be with Nicky the way he wanted, but he was also relieved that his confession hadn’t ruined their friendship. They would continue to be close and enjoy their sex play, but it would never be more than that. Elliot dried his eyes and tried to get some sleep, since he was determined not to let this ruin the rest of his time with Nicky and they fun they will have.

I didn’t arrange a wake-up call for the next morning. After the long day we’d had, I thought I’d let the boys sleep in. However, I did have to get them up and moving around by lunchtime, because I had something else planned for the afternoon.

The boys seemed to be in good spirits as they filled their bellies again. Nicky even made sure to tease Jordan about eating such a large breakfast and then insisted that Elliot sit in the middle this time. When we left the motel, I took them to the Ghostly Manor Thrill Center next. I figured the boys would get a kick out of going through a professionally done haunted house, but I also hoped it would give them some ideas for next Halloween’s version of our own haunted house.

I’m afraid the boys went into this thinking it was going to be lame, but they humored me and went in without giving me too much flak. As we walked along the dimly lit corridors, some of which were engulfed in a thin fog, we passed by numerous creatures, while at other times ghosts and monsters popped up or leaped out in our path. We could hear the sounds of recorded thunder, intermixed with the screams of others going through, either in front of or behind us.

In fact, we watched the kids directly ahead of us jump and scream at various times, as something surprised them. At one point, it even seemed as if they were too scared to continue on, so I began to wonder if we might have to pass them by or even take them with us, so they didn’t end up stuck in this one spot.

Some of the professionally done monsters were very scary looking and one of them even reminded me of the creature in the Alien films. Where the hell is Sigourney Weaver when we really need her?

I have to admit that I kind of lost it at one point. It was when we were going through an area that was designed to look like a meat locker, filled with plastic covered bodies hanging from hooks. We were about halfway through it when something grabbed my shoulder. Since the boys were all in front of me, I instinctively turned and swung. My fist connected with some guy who was working there and directed to scare us as we went through.

Of course, I apologized and told him I was just reacting and didn’t mean to hurt him, but he just shrugged it off and told me to go on. He also admitted it wasn’t the first time he’d been hit, so he just considered it one of the hazards of the job. He confessed that since I appeared older, he didn’t think I’d be as likely to deck him, like a twenty or thirty-year old might do, so he had singled me out on purpose and grabbed me. I merely shrugged and told him I was sorry to ruin his preconception about the elderly.

From there, we went through another area that appeared to be either a morgue or possibly an illegal operating room. It was filled with bloody and cut up corpses lying on slabs and either fully or partially covered with sheets. As I was going through this location, I realized it was probably a good thing that I hadn’t decided to become a doctor or mortician, since the sight of the blood and the bodies were a bit unsettling.

I think the decomposing corpses in the coffins that popped up next got to some of the boys, but I could also tell that each of them had received a bit of a fright on more than one occasion, as we made our way through the mansion. I have to admit that whoever did the makeup on the live ghouls we saw along the way was very talented and it was extremely well done. Some of them were so gruesome looking that they either made you stop dead in your tracks or jump back in fright when you came across them.

After that, we went to the 4-D theater and watched a couple of movies on the 4-D simulated ride. As you watched the screen, you were assaulted by the surround sound and wind-effects, as well as experiencing up to 2 Gs of acceleration. I felt it was very well done.

By the time we’d finished, I think the boys really enjoyed their time here, and from their conversation in the Suburban on the ride back to our motel, I think they’d also come up with a few new ideas for this year’s haunted house.

I’d previously decided that we’d spend another night here and then begin the drive home early the next morning, because it’s such a long drive and I was kind of tired. I didn’t want to risk the boys’ safety and I was pretty sure they wouldn’t mind spending one more evening here either. They might even have enough energy left to fool around before they went to sleep tonight.

Anyway, after dinner we all went back to our rooms and settled in. I watched a little television in my room before I turned in, but I left the boys to entertain themselves and each other. Hell, I’ve done enough to keep them busy already, what with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Cedar Point Amusement Park and the Ghostly Manor Thrill Center. That will have to last them until we go on our vacation with Nicky and Jordan’s parents and some of the other family members.

Speaking of that upcoming event, it reminds me that I will have to check to make sure that everything is set for the trip when we get back. We’ll be having quite a crew going with us and I know the boys will be sharing a room the entire time again. That’s because their parents will be happy to get them out of their hair, plus they don’t realize the boys are having some fun during their time alone. In fact, I hope their parents never discover this fact, because it will make life a whole lot easier for all of us if they don’t.

Copyright ©2011 by billwstories
  • Like 8
  • Love 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

LOL, poor Nicky. He gets yakked on twice, what are the odds? And poor Elliott, I saw this coming, where the love he feels for Nicky can't be returned. aleric-cry.gif

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2011 09:44 AM, TrevorTime said:
LOL, poor Nicky. He gets yakked on twice, what are the odds? And poor Elliott, I saw this coming, where the love he feels for Nicky can't be returned. aleric-cry.gif
Yep, Nicky gets splattered and then he ends Elliots little fantasy about the two of them. Sometimes being young really sucks.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am sure starting to like Elliot more and more. Acrophobia, my own nemesis and Elliot has it? What else he has in common with me? And he also shares it with Brandon. I think some talk berween the two about this topic may be in place.

The crush ended in broken hearth as predicted. At least it did not end the friendship between Elliot and Nicky.

I also hope Jessie will not reconsider his future job choice. Even though as radiologist he may not see as much blood as he saw in that haunted house, he sure will see his own share of it. Especially on child health center, since kids can hurt themselves in most unusual ways. OK stop of these morbid thoughts.

You wrote in this chapter Josh is not really a golfer, but right before Josh had his hearth attack, during the time he and Jake still were in process of making relationship, they often went to golf and Josh was actually quite skilled player. Now, correct me if I am wrong.

And thank you for those metric system conversions. It sure made my reading easier, without the need of constant conversions. I sure enjoyed the story more this way and I hope you'll kepp to it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2011 11:54 AM, Horn said:
I am sure starting to like Elliot more and more. Acrophobia, my own nemesis and Elliot has it? What else he has in common with me? And he also shares it with Brandon. I think some talk berween the two about this topic may be in place.

The crush ended in broken hearth as predicted. At least it did not end the friendship between Elliot and Nicky.

I also hope Jessie will not reconsider his future job choice. Even though as radiologist he may not see as much blood as he saw in that haunted house, he sure will see his own share of it. Especially on child health center, since kids can hurt themselves in most unusual ways. OK stop of these morbid thoughts.

You wrote in this chapter Josh is not really a golfer, but right before Josh had his hearth attack, during the time he and Jake still were in process of making relationship, they often went to golf and Josh was actually quite skilled player. Now, correct me if I am wrong.

And thank you for those metric system conversions. It sure made my reading easier, without the need of constant conversions. I sure enjoyed the story more this way and I hope you'll kepp to it.

Yes, a lot went on in this chapter. As far as Josh and golf, he did okay when he and Jake went out to play, but it's not something he lives to do and he can obviously survive without it.

 

I'm glad you appreciate the metric conversions. I have added those, since I realize I have a lot of readers who are more familiar with the metric system than what I am used to.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

As you may have noted, I've been a bit busy of late and have taken to skimming the chapters while promising myself a full and thorough re-read once the book is complete.

 

I giggled / chucked / laughed out loud like a 5 year old telling a poo-poo joke when Nicky got his second puking (is that a word?).

 

Keep up the amazing work!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/30/2011 03:33 PM, flashpoint2008 said:
As you may have noted, I've been a bit busy of late and have taken to skimming the chapters while promising myself a full and thorough re-read once the book is complete.

 

I giggled / chucked / laughed out loud like a 5 year old telling a poo-poo joke when Nicky got his second puking (is that a word?).

 

Keep up the amazing work!!

Yes, Flash, I had noticed your responses were either being posted later or missing. I hope things calm donw for you soon, if thats what you want.

 

I'm also glad you got a chuckle out of poor Nicky's plight.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Aww, poor Elliot. I hope he hangs in there. He's a real nice guy and I'm sure someone really nice will come along some day and sweep him off of his feet. After all he's been through he deserves it.

Thanks, Bill :)

Link to comment
On 11/30/2011 05:23 PM, Mike00 said:
Aww, poor Elliot. I hope he hangs in there. He's a real nice guy and I'm sure someone really nice will come along some day and sweep him off of his feet. After all he's been through he deserves it.

Thanks, Bill :)

Elliot's a survivor, Mike, so he'll be fine. I'm sure we've all had a crush or two that didn't work out.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..