Jump to content
    Bill W
  • Author
  • 5,335 Words
  • 3,273 Views
  • 5 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Castaway Hotel - 6 - 8. Chapter 8 - Seeing More Of The U.S.A.

We spent the evening in a motel in Maryland. We thought it would be better, and less expensive, to stay here and wait until morning to enter the capital. After a rather large dinner, topped off with an array of desserts, we went to our rooms to turn in.

Nigel’s boys were buzzing about seeing the capital. They hadn’t anticipated doing so much traveling while they were with us, so this was an unexpected treat. A few of my boys added to their excitement by telling them about some of the things they’d be seeing there, since some of us had been here before. I’m not sure how much sleep any of the boys got that night, but we woke them early and took them out for breakfast, before we drove into Washington for a whirlwind tour.

The first day we visited the White House, the Capitol Building, the Supreme Court and the various monuments. It was a hurried and hectic pace, but I wanted everyone to see as much as possible, while still keeping to my timetable.

The next two days we took them on a warp speed tour of the Smithsonian, which is our equivalent of their British Museum. Nigel’s boys were impressed with their three days in the U.S. capital, and I was glad they got to see everything. I thought it was important they had this experience, but now it was time to travel farther south, so we could spend a day in Colonial Williamsburg.

Although Nigel’s boys enjoyed their brief time there, I didn’t realize that having lived in England they had been to places that were very similar. These sites boasted many of the same types of activities, even though they might not be set in exactly the same context. The Barstows eagerly informed me about several such places they had visited previously, where they had also participated in reenacting what it would have been like to live during that time period.

Although I realized this might have been a redundant stop for them, they were very gracious about it and didn’t make any negative comments. In fact, they did their best to convince me they had enjoyed the visit. Even though they were insistent, I could still tell that they wouldn’t have minded skipping this one stop.

That night we spent some of our time on the road, until we located a small family-owned motel along the way. Although the vacancy light was lit when we arrived, it didn’t stay that way for long. We soon took up all of their available rooms, which made the owner very happy.

After a restful, but too brief stop, we were back on the road again. Later that afternoon, we arrived at Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. We informed the boys they’d have the rest of that day, and the next, to spend enjoying the ocean. I had reserved several rooms at a beachside resort, so we wouldn’t have far to travel to enjoy the Atlantic, and Nigel’s boys were impressed with the sandy beach. Both groups frolicked for hours, enjoying the sun, sand and surf, while Nigel, Jake, and I kept a very close eye on those in the water. We didn’t want to have another incident similar to the one we had in England, where one of Nigel’s boys had nearly drowned.

Fortunately our time there was uneventful, in that regard, and everyone had fun romping in the ocean, although I think the boys would have preferred not to have had to wear trunks. Nonetheless, everyone enjoyed their stay, especially Little Ricky, as this was the first time he had been in a body of water larger than his pond or a small lake. He had seen the ocean when we visited the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island, but this was his first opportunity to actually spend time in the water.

I watched him closely the first time he waded out into the ocean, since I knew how different it would be from what he was used to. As I suspected, Little Ricky was immediately pummeled by the waves and knocked off balance. Although he was able to keep more or less upright, he seemed shocked by the power the waves generated.

As he wandered a little farther out, he was busy looking back toward the shore and yelling to get the attention of one of the other boys. That’s when the next wave hit him. This one was slightly more powerful and took his feet out from under him. Little Ricky came up sputtering and spitting out the ocean brine, and then he turned to look out at the ocean, as if he expected to be able to see what had knocked him off his feet.

I jumped to my feet and moved toward him, so I could make sure he wasn’t in trouble. As he came back to his feet, I noticed the look on his face and it was priceless. It was a mixture of shock, fear and euphoria all rolled into one, but I backed off, just as soon I was certain he was all right.

Just as he was turning around to wade back to shore, another wave repeated the scenario and dunked him yet again. This time he came up with a huge grin on his face, like he thought this was some sort of neat game he was playing.

I continued to observe his activities, while remaining close enough to reach him, just in case he got into serious trouble. In the meantime, though, I opted to let him learn at his own pace, as long as he wasn’t in danger. From that point on, Little Ricky braced himself as the tide rushed toward shore and crashed into his legs. He was steadily gaining confidence, as he dealt with each new situation, so much of the remainder of his time was spent leaping over or running through the never-ending procession of waves. Even though he was enjoying doing this on his own, he still tried to coax others into joining him as he did so.

After spending a second day at Myrtle Beach, we pack up our bags and made the short trip to the naturist camp. It was only twenty-five miles from where we were, but it was located in North Carolina. It was called Whispering Pines Nudist Vacation Resort and was a family oriented retreat, in a woodland setting. It took up about thirty-five acres and had an adequate number of rental units, complete with cable TV. However, we advised the boys that we wanted to limit their time watching the boob tube, since this was supposed to be a vacation and there were many things to do instead.

The activities available included volleyball, shuffleboard, horseshoes, a Swedish sauna, a heated pool, hiking trails, camping, paddleboats, swimming in the lake, and a clubhouse with pool tables, ping pong, an indoor shuffleboard area and arcade games. This seemed perfect for my family, and I just hoped Nigel’s boys would find it equally appealing.

Once we unloaded everything we were going to take with us from the bus, we told the driver he was on his own for a few days. I advised him that he could amuse himself however he saw fit during that time and I also gave him a tip, for his efforts thus far. I did this in case he needed the cash to entertain himself. I was sure there were many things he wouldn’t dare put on his expense account, but I still wanted him to have a good time while he waited around for us.

He seemed pleased by the gesture, and relieved that he didn’t have to stay at the nudist camp with us. I think he was more than a little anxious about the idea of having to stick around while we were there, so he thanked me, over and over again, when I advised him he could go. It didn’t take long before he, and the bus disappeared, so the rest of us settled in to our cabins.

As soon as everyone was comfortable with their surroundings, I suggested we take a walk around the area, so they could become familiar with the layout of the resort. Soon we were all standing in a group, wearing only our athletic shoes, and possibly a pair of socks, ready to take on the nature trails. We followed several of these, noting the various places they led to, and then we came back to the lake. Of course the boys wanted to go swimming, so we all took off our footwear and enjoyed some time in the cool, clear embrace of the water.

While we were frolicking in the lake, some other vacationers came to join us. One was a family with a boy, about 11, and a girl, around 13. We were also joined by two other girls, who were possibly 14 or 15 years old, and another boy in his late teens. The boys began to introduce themselves to the others and tried to get to know them better. Eventually, they discovered these young people came here with their families at least once a year and stayed for a week or two.

These new acquaintances then asked the boys if they had been here before and they confirmed they had not. However, they quickly added that they had been to other such places and enjoyed being able to shed their clothes, without the normal concerns they might have when doing this.

Over the next hour or so, more people came out and joined us, and Mark met up with an attractive young lady in her late teens or early twenties. He invited her to join him on one of the paddleboats, and when she accepted, some of the other boys decided to do the same thing. They either asked one of the others in our group to go out with them, or invited one of their new acquaintances to go along.

Andrew seemed to hit it off with the 11-year old boy and wanted to paddleboat with him, so he and I sat down to chat with the boy’s family. Once we got to know each other better, I mentioned that the boys wanted to try taking a boat out a boat on their own and asked if they thought it was acceptable. Seeing both boys were both capable swimmers, his parents agreed and we sent them off. It was really cute as we watched them walk away, like two old chums. I did notice that they took time to check each other out as they went and then began whispering, and giggling, back and forth.

Throughout the day, everyone was busily going in all different directions, as they investigated the various activities provided. Most even took time to try their hand at many of them. We watched as a large group got involved in a very energetic volleyball game, during which budding breasts and flaccid dicks bounced up and down as they tried their best to win.

While the boys did this, we adults sat around and talked. We slowly got to know each other better, while also keeping an eye on our broods. We enjoyed observing them and admired their competitive instincts as they participated in these activities.

Over time, nearly every one of our young people tired their hand at the horseshoe pits and shuffleboard area, although shuffleboard was totally new to them. At other times they went off to shoot pool, play ping-pong or try their hand at the arcade games in the clubhouse, but they always told us first, so we’d know where they were.

It was quite a nice and relaxing day, and the boys seemed to really enjoy themselves as they tried out all these various activities. That night, after dinner, Nigel, Jake, and I decided to try out the sauna. We were mildly surprised when Mark, Danny, Brandon and Pat slipped in to join us. As we sat and talked, Mark told us about the young lady he’d been hanging around with earlier, and Pat told us about the young girl he had made friends with. Then the boys wanted to know what other plans we had for them, and I explained that other than an idea to camp out in tents for a night or two, this was just supposed to be an opportunity for them to relax, get some sun, and meet others with similar interests. They seemed content with my response, and after our stay in the sauna, we all went to bed.

The next day started out with the boys milling around outside after breakfast, but they soon devised their own entertainment. When I went to check on them a short time later, I discovered they had begun their own co-ed softball game and seemed to be having a great time with the other young people they’d met here. Once the game ended, the whole group went swimming in the pool, instead of the lake, and then they decided to just lie in the sun to dry. During that time, some of the younger boys talked us adults into taking them on another hike, as they wanted to look for a good place for us to camp out, when the time came to do that. They also wanted to try to see what kind of wildlife might also be in the area.

The group was unusually quiet as we moved about, because none of them wanted to scare the animals away. Due to their cautious approach, we actually were able to glimpse some squirrels, a few chipmunks, a small collection of rabbits and a couple of fawns during our stroll. Having been able to spot these creatures in their natural habitat pleased them to no end, especially since the two fawns had played around like a couple of young colts, without even acknowledging our presence.

We also discovered a good place to pitch our tents when we camped out and there would be plenty of room to accommodate the assortment of temporary shelters we had brought with us on the bus. I included them because I suspected some the boys would want to camp out and I wanted to have what we’d need to do that. I doubted the resort would be able to provide enough gear for us, so we had brought our own.

After lunch, our gang started a soccer game and even made the two goals for this purpose. Once again, they included some of the other young guests and it was beginning to look as if our boys were becoming the focal point for the majority of activities happening here. The other young people would come over to check out what they were going to do next, before making their own plans. The boys didn’t seem to mind this, although we also had a few loners who preferred going off by themselves. Since they were content doing their own thing, instead of hanging with the larger group, we gave them our blessing and left them alone. This arrangement worked out fine and no one complained, so everyone was happy.

The boys were also making some new friends, and Andrew and the other 11-year old had become almost inseparable. Frankie, Pat, and Mark had all managed to find young ladies to keep them company during their stay, and a few of Nigel’s boys had even found others to hang around with. Most of these new friends were male, but there were also some females in the mix, and the whole group seemed to find a way to entertain themselves and each other.

The next day, we asked who wanted to go camping, after telling them about the spot we had chosen to pitch the tents. I explained the site was along the outer edge of the resort, so it was quite private, and then divulged the other information they might wish to know before making their decision. I did this to get an idea about how many tents and how much food we should bring with us.

Most of the group wanted to go, but there were still a few who chose to stay behind, since they didn’t want to be parted from those not in our group. Andrew, on the other hand, wanted to know if he could ask his new friend to join us, so I told him it was fine with me, as long as the boy’s parents agreed to it. Hearing that, he nearly dragged me off, to see if we could get permission for this other boy to go with us.

After a few awkward moments of trying to explain why we wanted their son to be part of this activity, I assured them it was Andrew’s idea and I’d take good care of him. After some more give and take, we finally got a positive response, which caused the boys to begin jumping around. Actually, it appeared as if they had just sat on an anthill, rather than that they were doing a dance of joy.

Once the others discovered Andrew was inviting a friend, some of the older boys tried to talk me into letting them bring some of the girls along. However, I didn’t think a co-ed camping trip would go over well with the girls’ parents. Although everyone was running around naked, there wasn’t much chance that anyone would get involved in any type of sexual conduct. In fact the operators of the camp watched for such things, since no intimate contact between guests, except for married couples, was allowed. It was one of their cardinal rules. This, of course, would be much harder to enforce on a camping trip, so I decided it would be best to avoid the possibility all together.

The boys immediately tried to argue the fairness issue, since Andrew already had permission to bring his friend along, but I reminded them, in my typical fashion, that life is not fair and they’d better get used to it. Although they continued to lobby to get me to change my mind, I stood my ground and they finally accepted the futility of their actions.

The next day we got ready to go, and to my surprise a few of the holdouts changed their minds, so everyone except Frankie and Mark were going to join us. I had already resigned myself that Pat and a few of Nigel’s older boys were also going to stay behind, but for some unknown reason they decided it would be more fun to go with us. Although I was curious as to what led to this dramatic reversal, in the end it turned out they merely preferred to be with the family.

Now that we knew who, and how many, were going, we divided the food and tents among those strong enough to carry them. Seeing the older boys were carrying the tents and other gear, I had the younger boys load the supplies into the backpacks they had brought with them. These were the ones they had used for school the previous year, but they would serve this purpose well. I then asked for volunteers to carry the coolers with the perishables in them, with one boy on each handle. I ended up with more help than I needed, which gave me some leeway. Now, I was able to devise a rotating schedule for this task, so no one would be stuck carrying the additional weight the entire way. Once that was settled, we hiked to our campsite.

The walk was enjoyable, even though we made far too much noise to see any wildlife this time. The boys were too wrapped up with telling stories and joking around as we went, so they managed to scare most of the animals away.

Andrew’s little friend seemed to be very excited about this adventure and talked to Andrew about it the entire time. Although I was never able to hear anything they were saying, Andrew told me later that the boy had admitted that he’d never really camped out before. Other than sleeping in a tent in his own backyard a couple times, this was very special for him. That made me glad his parents had allowed him join us.

It didn’t take long before we arrived at our pre-selected campsite and began setting up. The older boys unpacked the tents from their carrying cases and started putting them up, with the younger boys helping as much as possible. Once all the tents were pitched, we briefly decided who would be paired with whom, and then we stored the rest of our gear inside the appropriate shelters.

Once that had been accomplished, we had the boys clear a space to do the cooking and put the campfire. As that group cleared away all the combustible materials and encircled the area with rocks, I sent the rest of the boys off to collect firewood. We would need it later for those purposes and I knew it would take a considerable amount of time and effort to gather it. The boys would have to range out in all directions to find enough aged, dry wood lying about to be useful. Once everyone had stacked what he brought back in one spot, Jake and I started a small blaze, over which we would prepare our lunch.

Everyone was hungry, but that was mostly due to the combination of fresh air, the short hike and the energy they had expended doing a small amount of work. We had made sure to bring along an enormous supply of hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, relish, and chips for this meal, which the resort provided for us. However, now we needed a way each of them could prepare it for themselves. With that in mind, we gave them the appropriate tools and asked them to go out and cut a green twig to spear their hot dogs with, so they could cook them over the open fire.

Once they returned with the appropriate item, they began fixing their own lunch. Each boy had at least two hot dogs and chips, although some of them had up to five or six wieners. As the first of them finished, I broke open a bag of marshmallows and let the boys toast them for desert. After everyone had eaten his fill, I explained we’d rest for a bit and then we’d go to the lake for a swim or they could take one of the paddleboats out again. They seemed to like the idea, so they helped hang the food packs from the trees, to keep the animals from getting into them while we were gone. Before we left, we also made sure the fire was completely out, so we didn’t accidentally cause any problems. By the time all of that was completed, we began our walk to the lake.

When we got there, I told them they needed to wait another half-hour before they went in. Some of them asked about the paddleboats, but I told them that would be delayed too, just in case they fell off while they were on them. I suggested they could sun themselves instead or find other things to do on shore, but there would be no swimming until I gave them the okay.

It wasn’t very long afterward that I began hearing singing, but I wasn’t sure where it was coming from. However, it didn’t take long until I realized some of the boys had decided to entertain themselves by vocalizing some of their favorite songs. A few of the more musically inclined even tried to harmonize and it actually sounded pretty good. With instrumental accompaniment, it might even have sounded great.

Some of the girls were at the lake too, and once they saw the boys, they came over to join them. Frankie and Mark were there as well, and now they said maybe they should have come with us, seeing they would still have been able to see the girls too. I told them they could still ask the other boys if they could stay with us tonight, seeing they hadn’t done any of the work, and of course the boys agreed it would be fine. Frankie and Mark told us they’d join up later and then spend the rest of the night with us.

After I gave the boys the go ahead to swim or use the paddleboats, everyone flew toward the lake. Soon, they were racing, dunking each other and just having a good time. The girls were also included in these activities and I’m sure there was a lot more touching going on than was necessary. Since no one was complaining, neither did I.

A little while later, after everyone was tired out from all this activity, Frankie and Mark walked back to their cabin. As they went, they also took time to accompany the girls back to their cabins as well. The rest of us returned to our tents and did other things, until it was time to fix dinner. The other boys would join us after they ate at the clubhouse, because I warned them I hadn’t brought out enough food for them too.

Dinner was going to take a while to prepare, so we asked some of the boys to help. We had brought out steaks and hamburgers for this meal, along with baking potatoes and corn, still in the husk. We let the younger boys husk the corn, and I had some of the other boys wrap the potatoes and meat in aluminum foil. Once the corn was ready, we wrapped it in aluminum foil too.

By this time, the campfire had begun to produce enough hot coals to cook with, so we spread them out and then placed each foil wrapped item of food on top of them. Jake, Nigel and I also scooped more hot coals out to cover them with, so everything would cook thoroughly. As more and more wood turned into hot coals, they were continually added to finish the baking process. Once we thought everything was done, we took a few items and sampled them, before summoning the boys to eat.

We had also brought travel containers of salt and margarine to use on the corn, and plastic utensils and heavy-duty paper plates to eat with, but I’m not sure the food had time to hit the plate before it was devoured. The boys wolfed everything down as if this were the first food they had ever eaten and raved about how good it was. I think it had more to do with them knowing how it was prepared, as well as knowing the way fresh air made everything taste better. After the meal, the boys threw the disposable items into the trash bags we’d brought along and helped to police up the area. Once that was done, we gave them pudding cups for dessert.

By now the sun was beginning to sink, so some of my boys started asking me if I’d tell a ghost story tonight. I informed them I couldn’t think of one right now, but asked if they’d give me time to come up with something appropriate. After agreeing, they left me alone for a while, so I could dream up a new tale. I secretly wanted to create one that would fit in with the area and the fact that everyone was running around naked. I also wanted it to be a story my boys hadn’t heard before, since I wanted them to react and enjoy it as much as the Barstows.

The problem was, I didn’t know where to begin or what to focus on, so I started watching the boys playing tag and horsing around. They always amazed me with how they seemed to find ways to entertain themselves, no matter where we were, and this was no exception. As I watched them play, an idea struck me. It was a little gory, but the boys did seem to prefer them that way.

When the boys came back to see if I’d come up with an idea, they were excited to learn I had. They quickly gathered everyone around what was left of the fire, and asked me to begin. After taking a deep breath and scanning the faces before me, I started my tale.

“Well, back when this resort first opened,” I told them, “they hadn’t cleared away the grounds as nicely as it is now and the clubhouse hadn’t been built yet. There were no living areas and this resort was mostly for campers and people in RV’s. The area was also much more wild and wooded and it was during this time when a young man, who was probably in his early to mid-twenties, came to spend a few days here. After he arrived, he decided to investigate the area first, and while he was wandering through a small clearing, he happened upon a bear cub that also appeared to be alone. The young man gradually gained the young bear’s confidence and began to play with it.

“The pair had been at this for a few minutes, when the young man heard a growl behind him. He spun around, only to discover the mother bear. She was not happy with his being so close to her cub, so she swiped one of her hug paws at him, claws extended. The boy jumped backward, trying to get out of the way of that lethal weapon, but, unfortunately, he didn’t jump back far enough. The bear’s claws caught his dick and scrotum and literally ripped them from his body. The boy screamed out in pain, but there was no one around to hear him. While the mother bear and her cub disappeared into the woods, the boy lost consciousness from the loss of blood.

“He wasn’t found for several hours, and then only by accident, but by that time he had passed away from the excessive bleeding. Since that day, it has been reported by many visitors to this place that they have seen a young man wandering around the grounds, reportedly looking for his missing sexual organs. A couple of young men have reported that this ghost even tried to claim their package as his own, and the story goes that he will continues to walk these grounds, searching for a penis and testicles that reminds him of his own. He won’t be satisfied until he reclaims them and is whole once more.”

As I finished this story, I noticed a few of the boys involuntarily reaching down and covering their genitals with their free hand. This signified to me that they were afraid this young ghost might be lurking there now, ready to steal their prized possessions. I heard Jake and Nigel snicker when they noticed the boys making these moves and later the three of us shared a few more laughs over how the boys how swallowed yet another of my tales and then reacted to it.

After that, we sat around the campfire for a little while longer, before the boys started to head off to their tents. We adults stayed out after most had left, to give the boys time to do whatever it was they might be inclined to do. During this time, we talked about what we might plan for the following day, since we knew we’d have to keep the boys occupied. Once we reached a consensus, we headed to bed. We had also split up amongst the various tents, so we’d be close enough to help out in case of an emergency or to calm them down, in case they had nightmares. Before I drifted off, I spent some time listening to their gentle snoring and relaxed breathing, which eventually lulled me off to sleep too, thus ending our first day of roughing it.

Copyright © 2010 Bill W; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
  • Love 4
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Continues to be a great story. I love Josh's ghost stories and all the history/sightseeing you include.

I miss Ricky though; the occasional email just isn't the same. I've been tempted to re-read the beginning again to get over my withdrawal :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 05/22/2012 08:39 AM, Andy78 said:
Continues to be a great story. I love Josh's ghost stories and all the history/sightseeing you include.

I miss Ricky though; the occasional email just isn't the same. I've been tempted to re-read the beginning again to get over my withdrawal :lol:

Ricky will be back in full force soon, so don't give up. I'm glad you enjoy the ghost stories and trips, because I had to do a lot of research to write those sections. I'm looking forward to seeing your next set of comments.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/22/2012 at 12:39 AM, Andy78 said:

Continues to be a great story. I love Josh's ghost stories and all the history/sightseeing you include.

I miss Ricky though; the occasional email just isn't the same. I've been tempted to re-read the beginning again to get over my withdrawal :lol:

me too 😂

i’m just surprised that Jack and Nigel didn’t try something to scare the boys as well 🤣

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Lizzydolphin37 said:

Oh hh i loved that story I think a few boys may have went to sleep with a hand on the jewels for protection!😅

Yes, they probably did and I bet no one was up to monkeying around.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..