Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Saving Smith's Mountain - 4. Hell No, We Won't Go!

Without Jack knowing it, Brad, Alice, Miz Vivian, and Barney take matters into their own hands where the mountain is concerned.

Jack wondered what exactly Hank Anderson thought he could do to keep Smith's Mountain from being ruined, and Mr. Anderson asked Jack to meet him in Smithville the next afternoon to discuss the matter further.

Jack picked Brad up at their house the next afternoon, and on that sunny and unseasonably cool Tuesday, September 20, they drove toward Smithville. Mr. Anderson had long since closed his law office on the town square, as he had been in semi-retirement for nearly ten years now. So, the few notable cases that he now chose to tackle were handled out of his home office.

Jack soon pulled his pickup into the circle drive in front of the elderly barrister's large Georgian style brick home which was located between the two towns and had been in Mr. Anderson's family for generations. He and Brad went to the side door, which led into Mr. Anderson's home office, and Jack knocked.

"Come on in, it's open," came the clear, strong voice of the white-haired lawyer.

"Hello, Mr. Anders-er, Hank," Jack said, remembering that Mr. Anderson had requested he call him by his first name. "This is my boyfriend, Bradley Carson," Jack added.

Brad stepped forward and shook hands with Hank Anderson, and both Jack and Hank noted the slightly startled look on Brad's face. Jack chuckled. "Yup, Hank is OK with us being gay and lovin' each other, babe," he said with a big grin.

"Well, that's, umm, great," Brad stammered slightly.

"I'm liberal as hell and never been too well liked for it around here," Hank said with a big laugh. "Except, of course, when certain people needed their asses helped out of a legal scrape, that is."

"You neglect to tell him that you were once a damn fine prosecutor, too, Hank," Jack said with genuine admiration. Hank Anderson had served four terms as Burnside County Attorney, beginning when he was a young man fresh out of law school during the turbulent days of the 1960s. He had prosecuted Klansman, and helped the governor enforce the integration of the local schools as well. After his time as the county prosecutor, he had entered private practice, and won numerous civil cases through the years for high profile clients from throughout the region.

"Thank you, Jack," Hank said, smiling back. "Now, let's get down to business, shall we."

Later that night, Brad and Jack were lying in each other's arms in bed and talking. Hank Anderson had laid out a plan that he felt might save the top of Smith's Mountain from the raping that is mountaintop removal coal mining.

"Do you think he'll be able to get the injunction?" Brad asked.

"If anyone can, Hank Anderson can," Jack said confidently. "He may be 75 now, but he's still the best damn lawyer in this end of Kentucky. And besides, at least the coal company isn't planning to start prepping my property for mining until three weeks from now. Even then, all they'll do this fall is remove the trees and do some perimeter leveling and that sort of thing, the real mountaintop removal mining work won't start until next spring."

"You're really worried though, aren't you," Brad said, perceiving an uncertainty beneath Jack's mask of confidence.

"Well, like I said, Hank is good. But, coal companies have a lot of pull around here with the courts. I'd just hate to have nothing left but a flattened moonscape up there. The mountain has so much sentimental value to me, so many fond childhood memories, you know."

"I already have a few good memories from up there too," Brad said playfully, trying to lighten the mood a little.

Jack caught on to this, and he too wanted to feel better before going to sleep. "You mean all those royal ass-fuckin's we gave each other up there this summer?" He asked huskily.

"Something like that," Brad said, reaching under the covers and grabbing Jack's fast-hardening cock as he said so.

"Mmm," Jack said softly.

Soon Brad had disappeared under the covers, and was giving Jack a hell of a blowjob there in their darkened bedroom.

"Oh, GOD!" Jack groaned. "FUCK baby! Yeah, suck that dick!"

Brad tossed the covers back off himself and Jack with his arm, raised from Jack's throbbing fat cock briefly and said, "Hell yeah baby, I want that sweet load for my midnight snack!" And then went back to work.

He licked Jack's fuzzy sack and took each nut into his hot mouth, causing Jack to moan louder and quiver. He went on with this a few minutes until Jack could stand no more.

"UH! Uhn! Suck my fuckin' dick, baby!" Jack urged with a moan, as Brad's attention to his big low-hanging ballsack was totally driving him crazy and making his fat six and a half inch dick throb and leak and crave attention of its own.

Brad did as asked, and swallowed Jack's meat whole, and began to bob on it fast, twirling his tongue all over it as he did so.

"Uh! OH GOD! OH BRADLEY!!!" Jack moaned in complete ecstasy, as he gripped the bed sheet tightly with one hand, and gently pressed on the back of Brad's head with the other. Brad's hot, wet mouth felt so amazing on his throbbing hard dick! Jack began to fuck Brad's face now, thrusting up with his hips to meet Brad's hungry mouth as it went down on that delicious slab of cop cock again and again. Jack tasted so fucking good to Brad, as the sweet precum began to coat his tongue.

Jack's balls were soon churning and tightening from Brad's expert cock sucking. "Uh! AH-UH! OH FUCK! OH BRADLEY! YES! YEAH BABY!!!" Jack moaned and groaned loudly as his orgasm began to hit. "FUCK! I'M GONNA FUCKIN' CUM!!!"

He then unleased six hot, sweet, creamy volleys of that delicious cop cum into Brad's mouth and down his throat. Brad would never grow tired of eating hot loads of this wonderful man nectar! Jack then lubed up Brad's fat dick and gave him a tender but hot as hell handjob, bringing him to his own gasping, cum-splattering climax in just a few minutes. Jack licked Brad clean, and they kissed deeply, tasting the lingering flavor of each other's juice. They then slept soundly all night naked in each other's arms, content in their love for one another.

The next few weeks were a blur. Things were pretty normal with the police force as September faded into early October, to Jack's relief. Business was booming at Miz Vivian's bed and breakfast and gift shop, keeping Brad quite busy. He loved his new job there, though.

It was on Monday, October 10, that Brad and Jack both took off work to go to court with Hank Anderson. They all walked into the large old brown brick courthouse in the middle of downtown Pleasant View, and proceeded upstairs to a courtroom on the third floor.

They took their place at one of the tables down in front, and gazed across to the other one.

"Is that who I think it is?" Jack whispered to Brad in surprise as he looked over towards the attorney representing the coal company, and the company's owner and president.

"Oh my God!" Brad exclaimed in a whisper back. "It damn sure is!"

Jeremiah Gilbert, the fifty-something owner of one of the region's largest coal companies was at the table across the aisle, along with prominent Smithville attorney Randy Blankenship. Brad and Jack were both startled that this was whose coal company they were up against, and at the attorney representing them. Blankenship and Gilbert were lovers. They had previously been having an affair and had gotten caught in the act by Bubba Jones, which had ended his longterm live-in relationship with Randy the previous spring.

Since then, Bubba had become partners with James Price and they had recently moved in together. Bubba and James were now casual friends with Jack and Brad, having met them through Jack's best friend and fellow officer Justin Earheart and his partner Eric Jamison.

Bubba and James were in fact more than just friends with Justin and Eric, though. The two couples had enjoyed many hot fourways as summer faded into fall, and only a bit over a week before had enjoyed fucking each other all over the new apartment into which Bubba and James had just moved. Jack and Brad had heard about this from Justin and Eric, and had to admit it sounded like the couples had a lot of extremely hot times together.

"I can't believe that the asshole who did that to Bubba, and his lover are who we are opposing in this case!" Brad whispered to Jack.

"Well, he did Bubba a favor really, James is a hell of a lot hotter than that stuffed shirt!" Jack said back in a whisper and with a grin.

"I know what you two are gossiping about," Hank said with a low chuckle. "And yes, it is very ironic that your friend Bubba's ex and his man are over there, but when you've lived as long as I have, nothing much surprises you anymore!"

Brad and Jack exchanged glances, and silently agreed that they were always surprised with just how liberal, and just how up to date, Hank's thinking still was. They were glad though that the old lawyer was so "cool with" gay people, and had a good sense of humor about life's unintentional soap opera moments.

Court was soon in session, and within half an hour, Jack had been dealt a huge blow. The judge had ruled solidly in favor of Gilbert Energy Company. Mining on Smith's Mountain would commence as planned at 9:00 the following Wednesday morning.

"I'm so sorry, Jack," Hank Anderson offered as they walked out of the courthouse. "I really thought we had a chance to at least get an injunction."

"You did what you could, Hank," Jack said, slapping the elderly attorney on the back gently.

"Let's go home, babe," Brad said, slipping an arm around Jack comfortingly.

As they pulled in the driveway, they saw Miz Vivian crossing the street from her lawn to theirs. She was dressed in an orange long sleeved dress with puffy sleeves, a lowcut neckline and a high hemline. The dress perfectly matched the leaves on the maple tree in Jack's yard, which had started to change in the last cold spell. Today, though, Pleasant View was experiencing a bit of "Indian Summer" mid-October weather, as it was 75 degrees.

"This weather is lovely," Miz Vivian cooed with a grin. "Let's all head up to your mountain and have a picnic supper and watch the sun set, Jack! We'll celebrate your victory in court today, and..." She trailed off then, noting the looks on Jack's and Brad's faces.

"Ohmigawd!" Miz Vivian then exclaimed in a drawl of dismay. "Please DO NOT tell me that damned Henry Hinkle ruled in favor of the coal company?"

"He sure as hell did," Jack said gruffly.

"Well, as Gawd as my witness, I'll never go out with his sorry ass again!" Miz Vivian proclaimed. The handsome Judge Hinkle had been a frequent date of Miz Vivian's late that summer.

Miz Vivian then rushed to throw her arms around Jack, pulling his head down in the direction of her ample bosom in the process. "I'm so sorry, baby!" She exclaimed comfortingly. "I guess you're in no mood for a damn picnic!"

"Actually," Jack said, forcing a smile he didn't really feel as he retrieved his head from Miz Vivian's chest, "Let's go do just that! Might as well enjoy the mountain while it is still...the way it should be." His voice actually broke a little at the end of the sentence.

Within an hour, Jack, Brad, and Miz Vivian were sitting on the outcropping of rocks on top of the mountain, eating a hastily thrown-together picnic supper as the sun began to sink low in the western sky. This was truly a beautiful place, and they were all reflecting on that fact as they talked and went for a small stroll after eating. As the sun began to sink lower, the breeze that always blew on the mountaintop had taken on a chill that seemed somehow to forebode the fate that was soon coming to it.

"I should have brought my shawl, it is getting chilly," Miz Vivian said simply, as they all exchanged sad glances at each other and the beautiful place in which they stood.

Two days later on that Wednesday morning, October 12, one of Miz Vivian's friends from her bridge club was left in charge of the bed and breakfast and gift shop. Miz Vivian, Brad, and Barney Finkster, along with Jack's mother Alice, were all in Miz Vivian's big blue Lincoln Town Car heading towards Smithville, just as soon as Jack had gone to work.

Jack had refused to go near Smith's Mountain on this, the first day of preparations for the strip mining. He went to work as usual that morning, and had no idea that his mother had driven down from Annandale, nor that the party was then heading towards Smithville in the big Lincoln.

"Jack may die when he finds out about this," Brad said, worrying.

"Oh, hell, baby," Miz Vivian said as she gunned the big car a little through a yellow light on the edge of town, turning onto the road towards Smithville. "He'll know we're doing it for him. He would just have tried to stop us if we had told him what we were up to beforehand."

"That's right," Alice chimed in from the backseat. "My boy is a little too good for his own good sometimes. But, I was around back in the '60s and I know how this kinda shit is done!"

"Damn right," Barney added in an enthusiastically queeny rasp. "I did my share of sit-ins and protests back in the day too, honey!"

At 9:00, Jack was walking into Mary Lou Turner's office to give her a report. The small TV on the bookshelf across from her desk was tuned to a local news program. Jack happened to glance in that direction as he was starting to walk back out.

"Oh my GOD!" He exclaimed. "Mary Lou, turn that up!"

She did, and both their jaws dropped at what they were seeing and hearing. A reporter from one of the Rosemont TV stations was shown in front of a group of people, and an enormous yellow piece of earth-moving equipment. Jack had recognized the backdrop of the scene immediately as being at the top of the road up onto his Smith's Mountain property.

He also recognized four of the people in the group. Along with at least a dozen others, there stood Miz Vivian, Brad, Barney, and Jack's own mother, Alice. They were all standing in front of the big dozer, with arms linked tightly, and shouting over and over, "HELL NO, WE WON'T GO!!!"

"This group of protestors refuses to get out of the way of this equipment, which is here on a mountain outside of Smithville to start the first stages of site preparations for Gilbert Energy's new mountaintop removal coal mining project," the reporter was explaining.

As always positive comments are welcome at bradleyjcarson@gmail.com
Copyright © 2011-2015 Bradley J. Carson, All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published or reproduced elsewhere by any means without the specific written permission of the author.
  • Like 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

Too bad the judge ruled against the injunction. I wonder what their next legal tack will be? Hopefully the protest will halt the mining long enough to get something in place to permanently stop it. Don't piss off Miz Vivian! LOL

Link to comment

Gotta love Miz Vivian!!! She is my kind of lady...feisty and doesn't take shit off anyone!!!

Link to comment
On 03/02/2015 03:17 AM, Gene63 said:
Gotta love Miz Vivian!!! She is my kind of lady...feisty and doesn't take shit off anyone!!!
I do love writing for Viv! :P
Link to comment
On 03/02/2015 02:59 AM, Valkyrie said:
Too bad the judge ruled against the injunction. I wonder what their next legal tack will be? Hopefully the protest will halt the mining long enough to get something in place to permanently stop it. Don't piss off Miz Vivian! LOL
Viv has some old friends like you won't believe ;)
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..