Jump to content
    Toast
  • Author
  • 1,138 Words
  • 2,294 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

At This Moment - 1. Chapter 1

A need response.

At This Moment

Chapter One: A Game For Two

In that moment I knew. A guy just doesn’t do this as a joke. Ed was in a crouch dribbling the ball with his back to me. I wasn’t sure what he was doing. He just kept backing toward me. Well, I wasn’t going to let him back me up all the way to the net, I stood my ground. And that’s when it happened, Ed backed up to me, pressing his ass into my groin. All the time still dribbling. And we stood still. Time stood still. I think my heart stopped. Just the sound of the ball bouncing up and down. Then I realized I had reached out my hand and was rubbing Ed’s back.

I hated sitting at a desk all day. The job was good. But I wanted to move. So I started going to the gym at lunch. It was a great place, provided by my corporate employer. Yet it was always empty. I think the fact that corporate also provided lunch in a nice dining room was the reason. Almost free food or sweat. The eternal question. Anyway I was vain about my looks. At thirty three, I was doing okay. And I intended to stay that way. So off to the gym I went almost every day. I liked that it was empty. It meant I could do exactly as I pleased. But for some reason I spent some time every time doing basketball drills. I suck at sports, so I guess it was a little fantasy. You know I was back in high school and I was the Player on the team. “Excuse, me.” Huh? I look up and turn around.

“You’re Sam, right. I’m Ed. In PR.” Yeah I knew the guy. A good bit younger than me. And yes better looking in that I’m blonde you know way. “Want to play one-on-one?” Without waiting for an answer Ed stole the ball from me and flashed his way to the net, jumping into the air to dunk the ball. “Asshole.” I coughed. Ed gave me the biggest grin and bounced me the ball. “You go first, we’ll play to twenty one.” And that’s how it started. Soon Ed was showing up at least three times a week and we would play one-on-one. Ed beat me every game. And the truth was I didn’t give a damn. I was soon having too much fun. We played fast and hard and maybe sometimes even mean. But god I loved it. Ed could play rings around me, but he didn’t. He played to my level, urging me to play better. And always with laughter and a smile. I looked forward to our games. I started to look for Ed off the court. Of course I found him and what I found puzzled me at first and then it made me mad.

Ed gave me the cold shoulder in the office. Well he was always polite and civil. Hell I guess he was damn normal, if it wasn’t for how I felt about him and the way he treated me on the ball court. I thought our friendship went beyond that. And I got damn aggressive about it. I stopped all our banter on the court. Before each game was a constant stream of comment and laughter. Now there was barely a hello between us before the game began. And we were rough now with each other. And I started to resent Ed’s ease at the game. His always winning. But I never told Ed I had enough and Ed always showed up. By the end of each game now I was angry. I would be breathing hard with the sweat running down by face and I would be glaring at Ed. Ed would grab his towel and wipe his face and walk away. Maybe I got a “good game.”

That brought us to today. I didn’t give a shit any more. Ed could show up or not. We could play or not. He could drop dead. But Ed showed up. As he approached the court I bounced him the ball and watched his body, anticipating his move. Ed caught my eye and smiled at me? We had stopped smiling weeks ago. And he spoke to me. “You’re looking good today Sam.” He bounced me the ball. God that ticked me off. Ed looked like fucking unreal. His blue eyes and blond hair and sharp features. His smile. His shoulders and his torso. I slammed the ball at his face, but Ed caught it of course and laughed. “Okay I’ll go first, Sam.” And our game started.

And it was like in the beginning. Ed was all smiles and jokes. And I found myself melting again. And I realized how much I missed this part. Being Ed’s friend. And instead of being happy. I got mad. Because I knew Ed had held himself back these last weeks and in the office. He had deliberately held himself distant from me. So in response to Ed’s good naturalness, I played rough, rougher than ever. We never called foul, but Ed could have. I was all over him. And that was when it happened.

Ed pressed himself up against me. And I was stunned to the core of my being. I was rubbing his back without realizing it and he was pressing harder against me. And something wild in me took over. I reached out with my other hand and grabbed Ed’s hair and jerked him up. I knocked the ball away and pulled Ed’s arm behind him in an arm lock. “Is this what you want Ed?” I marched Ed forward until he would of kissed the wall if he didn’t turn his head. I took his arm and placed it above his head. Then doing the same with his other arm. “Don’t move.” I pressed my hold body against his. My front molded to his back. “Is this what you want?” No answer. I stepped back and hear Ed whimper. I held him in place with my left hand pressed to his back and I made a fist with right hand with the thumb rigid and standing out straight. And I jammed my thumb and fist hard between Ed’s ass cheeks. I did it over and over. And finally I stopped with my thumb pressed in against his most intimate and vulnerable place. “Ed is this what you want?”. I had to listen close to hear. “Yes.”

I spun Ed around and looked hard at him. I forced his arms up again harder than I needed. He was trembling. I kissed him. An hour ago I would of begged at his feet to kiss him. And at this moment he was totally mine.

A force unleashed.

Copyright © Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original art, characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.<br /><br />This story was originally written in early 2010.<br /><br />Transfer to new system on: 12/17/2010<br /><br />© Copyright 2010 by Bugeye. All Rights Reserved.<br /><br />
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Poking around GA :)

Interesting turn there at the end. Here I was thinking Ed was the one "in control"--that he knew 'the score' with his basketball buddy and was drawing it out just to be a tease-- but I guess sometimes it's easy to forget that all of us have our insecurities, our needs and desires that we keep hidden from others. Good story.

Link to comment

Wow sure didn't see that one coming. Ed seemed to be a nice guy who might be in the closet and was looking for someone but never thought it would suddenly turn almost into an S/M scene on the basketball court. Sort of disturbing but want to know why the games were played and how the sudden realization of the power switch happened. Really would love to see more with these characters.

Link to comment
On 03/25/2011 06:09 AM, said:
Wow sure didn't see that one coming. Ed seemed to be a nice guy who might be in the closet and was looking for someone but never thought it would suddenly turn almost into an S/M scene on the basketball court. Sort of disturbing but want to know why the games were played and how the sudden realization of the power switch happened. Really would love to see more with these characters.
Finding out you are attracted and maybe in love with someone and not knowing what is going on or going to happen... can be disturbing. Maybe this was all fantasy. Thanks for taking the time to read something of mine and reviewing.
Link to comment
On 02/13/2011 09:18 AM, Sara Alva said:
Poking around GA :)

Interesting turn there at the end. Here I was thinking Ed was the one "in control"--that he knew 'the score' with his basketball buddy and was drawing it out just to be a tease-- but I guess sometimes it's easy to forget that all of us have our insecurities, our needs and desires that we keep hidden from others. Good story.

Thanks Maria, I have conflicting thoughts about what I wrote.
Link to comment

I would like to see more of this story. I understand that may not happen. It is a good story and the characters are interesting. more please

Link to comment
On 06/20/2011 12:47 PM, sojourn said:
I would like to see more of this story. I understand that may not happen. It is a good story and the characters are interesting. more please
I have a fondness for writing silly, escapist stories. So, I wrote this as a counterweight, thinking it couldn't hurt. If I continue this now, it would most likely be jarring in a very different direction or perspective. Maybe I would pick the story back up ten years later, with a phone call in the middle of the night. "Sam, I really need your help." Thank you for reading and reviewing too, but that never really says much, so how about thanks Sojourn, catch you around.
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..