Jump to content

Circumnavigation Circumnavigation

   (12 reviews)

Trevor, through little fault of his own, finds himself with few choices. Desperate and hunted, he decides that his best chance is to head out to sea on his boat, for a circumnavigation of the Earth. His boat, Atlantis, is a fifty-five foot cruising catamaran, bequeathed to him by his mother prior to her mysterious disappearance. Come along for the ride and explore with Trevor, as he discovers many things, not the least of which is himself.

Information about the Atlantis, can be found here: https://cjames.gayauthors.org/circ/atlantis.php
Copyright © 2013 C James; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (39 members)

  • Action Packed 36
  • Addictive/Pacing 38
  • Characters 34
  • Chills 11
  • Cliffhanger 31
  • Compelling 11
  • Feel-Good 11
  • Humor 10
  • Smoldering 10
  • Tearjerker 13
  • Unique 31
  • World Building 14

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Daddydavek

   21 of 21 members found this review helpful 21 / 21 members

At over one million words spread over a prologue and 157 chapters, CIRCUMNAVIGATION is the longest story on site.  

 

It is also one of the best!  It has more twists and turns than you can count and the plight of Trevor and his friends is so intense sometimes as to almost make you want to look away, but the story is so compelling that you just cannot.  

 

C James has written an epic, epic!  It truly does the genre proud and the story when it was being serialized, probably drove more traffic to this site than any single other story.  It is too good to not be enjoyed by newer members who arrived too late to actually see the frenzy each post brought.  However, now you can read it at your own pace without having to wait for the next chapter.   So make some time, sit back and enjoy because you are in for one helluva ride!

  • Like 4
  • Love 11
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to review
mattchew

   18 of 18 members found this review helpful 18 / 18 members

Forewarning, Circumnavigation is an extremely long read. I got curious after reading, and compared the length to that of the Harry Potter series. I was surprised that there is only a 4,000 word different between Circumnavigation and the entire Harry Potter series. That's incredible for a single story. It's definitely a big commitment.

 

That being said, it was worth every minute spent reading it. I'm currently working my way through it a second time. Everything about this story makes me happy. The writing is excellent. The places are amazing and the detail is just incredible. I really fell in love with some of the characters. Everyone in the book felt so real, and most were very well written. And finally the story is a nonstop, wild ride. As the reader I felt like I knew so much more than Trevor and his friends, but there were many times that C James proved that I didn't know as much as I thought I did.

 

After starting, I couldn't put it down. This is one of my favorite books I've read, on and off this site. I can't imagine the time and dedication it took to write this book. I applaud your work 150% and really appreciate the work you put into it. Really. Great work. Absolutely amazing.

  • Like 4
  • Love 9
Link to review
quokka

· Edited by quokka

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

One of the best stories I have read on GA

Well done for completing such a mammoth task of writing this huge story, which takes us to many different parts of the world, including my home state of Western Australia.

I have read this story three times now, and I enjoy it just as much each time, and no doubt I will read it again a few more times in the future.

Thanks Heaps, for a marvelous story. Bravo Mate, Bravo...

Regards Q

  • Like 10
Link to review
Albert1434

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

I can't believe I have forgot to write a review for this wonderful story. I have read this 3 times now and It's wonderful each and very time!  The plot is well thought out and clearly written. The story itself is powerful written. With great dialogue such great images!

Your going to love it!

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
malelpn

   7 of 7 members found this review helpful 7 / 7 members

WOW! What a ride you have given us! This novel had everything. Your descriptions made my minds eye see it all. Why the heck have you not published it? Fantastic. Thanks for writing this and giving me joy in my reading of it.

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

An amazing experience for Trevor sailing around the world to escape and await the future.   The writer’s skill is first class and so much sexual tension is held in for so long.  
a fabulous read.  

  • Like 7
  • Love 1
Link to review
AFBNOW

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This was a looong read but it held my interest all the way through in spite of many plot turns, twists and  U-turn or two.  There was a lot of detail and description that added to the story.  Well worth the time to read!

  • Like 4
  • Love 5
Link to review
shanr1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I'm currently reading this again for the third time through. I can't describe how much of an amazing escape this story has been for me through moments in my life.

Does anyone know of any stories similar to this one, or recommend any other of C James' stories ? 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
adriaan

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I have read this story 4 or 5 times, I love it every time 

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to review
Justin4Fun

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely the most addictive story I've read in my life. I found myself using internet searches to view locations and boats, as well as other things, throughout my journey with Trevor. So many twists to the plot, and so many artfully crafted foreshadowing events I found myself going back to double-check things.

This is actually my second full read, I enjoyed the story SO much, I'm sure I'll revisit it in the future!

I would love to hear more about these characters I came to love!

  • Love 3
Link to review
SnowBear

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Absolutely amazing story, I was captivated from the first word right up to the last. So many plot twists and so much research went into this massive novel. The characters have great depth and you really find yourself relating to them as if you knew them in real life. 

Falls under the action/mystery/suspenseful category 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Former Member

   8 of 13 members found this review helpful 8 / 13 members

I liked it. For such a long, very very long story it held your interest. I found myself skipping over some of the super descriptive passages. I tend to take thing at face value so when you say something is big you don't have to say gigantic or monstrous or whatever. One thing for all it's length I thank the author for finishing it in a timely manner. It is filled with mystery and intrigue and that is what keeps your attention.  I reserve 5 stars for stories that capture me emotionally.  This although thrilling for the most part did not. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Angry 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..