Jump to content
    Cailen
  • Author
  • 2,303 Words
  • 2,142 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

The Elven Chronicles of Draco Malfoy - 16. Chapter 6: Abide with Me

Chapter 6: Abide with Me

 

8/31

12:00am Hogwarts

           

Lord Zasuan looked upon the fields of Hogwarts surprised, he was sure they the battle would be still going or it would be over, he was truly surprised to learn from the first guard that he saw that Lord Voldemort had escaped and that Hermione and Ron had been killed, He worried for Harry and hastened his march to Draco’s Tent

Without waiting for his Pegasus to stop to dismount he jumped off and rushed inside the tent. Draco was sitting up watching Harry Sleep

“I have come… my son”

“FATHER!” Draco exclaimed dashing into his father’s arms

“Hello my son, you did well”

“Thank you” Draco said “I was so scared and Harry he…. He…

“I know I was informed on my way here.”

“What do we do?”

“What we must son, what we must, as I must go up to the castle and speak to a few people, I will also be staying up there as well.”

“Ok father”

“My troops will stay down here with yours; they are pitching their tents as we speak”

“Ok”

“Good, I am sorry, but I must go… I will see you soon”

“Alright”

Many hours later his father came and had lunch with him, but did not stay for long before returning to the castle. Finally that night Harry stirred long enough to talk to Draco.

“Draco I don’t think I can go through with tomorrow”

“Why not”

“Twfen just gave me a copy of their wills, and I just can’t”

“Sure you can, you would do anything for them right?”

“Yeah but…”

“Yeah, so you can do this, cry if you need to… it’s ok to cry you know”

“I guess…”

“No guessing!” Draco said “you can do this no matter how much it hurts because you loved them, and love gives you strength.”

Harry nodded silently before slipping himself into Draco’s arms

“I hate war Draco”

“Me too”

 

9/1

11:00am Hogwarts/ Great Hall

 

The great hall had never looked more beautiful, the elves had spared no expense in memorializing the best friends of one of their leaders. Across the ceiling sparkled a crystal blue sky wrapped with while elven banners floating in the sky. The posts were wrapped in gold and there seemed to be fairy dust floating all around. The house tables were gone and setup, were many pews forming an isle down the center of the hall. On the floor was more white fabric. Had everyone known it was a funeral it might have made for a spectacular wedding. The hall was already full with many more people lining the halls and main entryway, even though the hall was already magically expanded to hold more people.

Where the head table normally say there were two tables adorned in flowers and more gold. In-between there was a small podium where a person could speak. Suddenly the doors to the great hall burst opened and music started to play. Slowly a procession of family members came to sit in the front. First came Ron’s brothers and sisters, and then came some more people obviously being Weasley’s, Bill and Fleur among them, then Molly and Arthur both of whom were crying uncontrollably. After them a young couple with a little girl came in. nobody knew who they were, but they were Hermione’s parents and her little sister.

The great hall doors shut again and after a moment re-opened and more music started to play, this time Minerva McGonagall came out alone and stood on the podium. Everyone in the great hall stood at that moment Harry Potter entered the doorway.

His face shimmering in the light, he was dressed in full elven regal robes of the purest white and gold, most of the fine detailing of his robes were done in the faintest of reds to compliment his robes. His hair was less messy and leaned towards wavy, it also had blonde streaks going through it. His ears were slightly more pointy and his face more narrow. He was taller and looked healthier despite the look of total devastation written clearly on his face, though he wasn’t crying. His wand out and pointed to the floor.

Behind him the body of Hermione Granger floated behind him, flat and stiff as a board and dressed in the finest of robes. Slowly Harry walked her down the isle and placed her on one of the tables and stood next to her and McGonagall in the front of the hall.

Draco entered the doorway dressed in identical robes except he had a cape and crown adorned on his head and beside him guards wearing similar clothing, the guards being Orion and Twfen of course. His wand pointed to the floor behind him the body of Ron Weasley floated behind him. He placed Ron on the other table and stood between McGonagall and Ron. Orion and Twfen stood on either side of the hall.

“Please be seated” McGonagall said to the crowd who then sat on the pews and looked up at her

“Today marks one of the saddest days of my life” she began “Today we lay to rest two of our loved ones, our friends, our students of Hogwarts who gave their lives like many before them fighting Lord Vo.. Voldemort” there was a collective shudder from the humans

“We ask the earth to take back their spirits and to allow them peace in the next realm” she spread her palm outwards and ever so slowly a small blue light emanated from around the bodies of both Ron and Hermione

“The earth accepts, does the caster wish to speak on their behalf”

“I do” Draco said

“Speak then”

“Hermione and Ron were never my friends, we were enemies… and when we were in school we always fought” a few smiles could be seen throughout the hall “I said and did some terrible things to them I wish to ask forgiveness for. For the time I put too much shriveling-fig in Ron’s potion causing it to explode and make his head shrink.” A few giggles were heard “But most importantly I want to beg for their forgiveness for what I did, because I thought I wanted to be just like my father, for doing what was easy instead of doing what was so blatantly right. It would mean the most from them because if they accept and give their blessing, I am going to ask my chosen to marry me.”

For a whole minute nothing happened then suddenly the light around Hermione grew stronger, then faded then suddenly they both grew strong

“They accept, does the other caster wish to speak of their behalf”

“I do” Harry said

Harry walked over to Hermione and placed his hand in hers

“I want to give up Hermione; I want this to be over, I want to be with you… I want us to be together again… like we used to… I loved you like a sister Mione and I never told you how much you meant to me. It stupid really…” Harry felt the tears welling up “but I will never get over losing you… I want to tell you I am not afraid anymore… you were always worried about that, I’m not afraid because I know that if I lose I will be with you again and after all this, it would be a welcome adventure.” He let go of her hand and looked into her calm face

“It’s odd to see you so peaceful, not burying your head into some book or furrowing your brow demanding Ron and I do our homework, or asking me what was wrong even though I didn’t want to tell you.” He paused “I also read your will and you asked that your favorite hymn be sung, with your blessing I wish to sing it for you” the tears came freely “because I know that had you know I was alive you would have wanted that… I knew you would sometimes come up to the boys dorm just to hear me sing in the shower… it was your secret that nobody knew… but I knew it, I always had my map on me incase I was ever ambushed. I liked singing for you…” he blushed as more tears fell because it was my secret that nobody knew about. I love you Hermione… I will never be the same without you…” Harry finally walked away and crossed to stand behind Ron

“Ron… I don’t know what to say, you were my first real friend in the wizarding world, you taught me everything and you knew me as Harry and not as ‘the boy who lived’ you were great. He had our fights but what am I supposed to do now you big stupid lug. You were the planner; you made up all my logic after Hermione had all the brains…” Harry’s emotions were fraying “you were my brother as Hermione was my sister, you were my life in the wizarding world and with your death I will never be part of it again. I want you to remember that I will always love you.” Harry felt more tears fall down his cheeks “I will never forget you, or how you always shoveled you food into you face or how you were the greatest friend anyone has ever had, now I know you want me to marry Ginny, but I really like Draco is that ok?”

The lights around Hermione and Ron glowed into a blinding light that made everyone squint, then as suddenly as it happened it faded

“You may cast the seal when you are ready” McGonagall said stepping down

Harry stepped up to where McGonagall had stood “Hermione asked me to sing a hymnal for her” he choked on the words “I found the words written in one of her books one day, and asked her about it, she told me her grandmother had died and it brought her some comfort, and as her family was Christian I thought it was appropriate for her family today”

Harry then cleared his throat and pointing his wand to his head muttered a faint spell and suddenly the whole hall was burst into a song. It was slow and touched the hearts of everyone there. Then Harry bagan to sing.

 

Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
The darkness deepens; Lord with me abide.
When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
Help of the helpless, O abide with me.

At that moment Mrs. Weasley began to cry, Harry had to avert his eyes from her to prevent himself from crying too.

Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
Earth’s joys grow dim; its glories pass away;
Change and decay in all around I see;
O Thou who changest not, abide with me.

Not a brief glance I beg, a passing word;
But as Thou dwell’st with Thy disciples, Lord,
Familiar, condescending, patient, free.
Come not to sojourn, but abide with me.

Harry began to get into the piece and shut his eyes, in his mind he was back in the shower looking at his map that he had ‘impervius’ to keep the water off. Spotting Hermione walking into the boys dorm, and with a smile he broke out into song.

Come not in terrors, as the King of kings,
But kind and good, with healing in Thy wings,
Tears for all woes, a heart for every plea—
Come, Friend of sinners, and thus bide with me.

Thou on my head in early youth didst smile;
And, though rebellious and perverse meanwhile,
Thou hast not left me, oft as I left Thee,
On to the close, O Lord, abide with me.

I need Thy presence every passing hour.
What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s power?
Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.

I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness.
Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.

Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies.
Heaven’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.

As Harry sang the final words with a quick wand movement cast the final spell, and suddenly the bodies were cast in a white light that blinded the room, then as suddenly as the light had appeared… it was gone and so were the bodies of his two greatest friends he had ever had. Voldemort had once again takes the ones so close to his heart.

“May they find eternal rest” McGonagall said

“May they find eternal rest” everyone in the great hall chorused

Draco took Harry’s hand and led him through the great hall and back outside. With Twfen and Orion at their sides they slowly made their way back to their camp, the end was coming, as at that very moment a fire lit behind Harry Potter’s eyes, it would be the same fire Voldemort would see, the second he was defeated.

“He took them away from me Draco”

“I know Harry”

“I have nothing left in the wizarding world, there is no hope for me here, and after this is finished I want you to take me away from here.”

“I will I promise”

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; cailenauthor 2011
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Jeez what is it with you authors killing off the main characters. This is the first version I've read where Moines and Ron were killed. I'm sure you have a reason but damn that funeral finished off half a box of kleenex.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..