Jump to content
    Cailen
  • Author
  • 4,149 Words
  • 2,041 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>

The Elven Chronicles of Draco Malfoy - 7. Chapter 7: The Only Way

Chapter 7: The Only Way

Draco, Orion, and Solstice stood at the main entryway of the castle waiting for the arrival of the king and queen. They were about to set off to Slythersend to determine if they were responsible for the recent attack on their city. Draco was dressed in a silver heave battle armor which was thick and had protection, he also carried a fine elven sword and dagger. The armor was relatively light considering the bulk. He also was adorned with a small circlet with an emerald at its center.

Orion was wearing white with gold trim battle armor which was adorned with all sorts of engraving and looked a lot finer than Draco’s. Only after when he saw Orion’s fancy engraving that he realized that he had engravings down his gauntlets only. Twfen’s armor was black and had silver and red trim; he looked formidable in his armor which was a sharp contrast from his normal smiling face.

Lord Zasuan entered the courtyard with Talenna at his side. Orion and Twfen bowed respectfully as he handed two scrolls to Draco.”

“These are two scrolls; one is a declaration of war, the other, is a summon to an important meeting of the House of Lords. Give to the Queen only one of them”

“Yes father” Draco bowed

“You have no idea how dangerous your journey is… to aid you on this quest of yours I wish for you to take my royal transport”

“Father, what is your royal transport” as if to answer his father signaled for the gates to open and when they did they revealed three Pegasus’s with harness and supplies.

“Swift flight my son, and safe return”

Draco ran and gave his father a hug

“I will father”

“All of Adendele is with you… now go. Orion, I leave you responsible, do your duty…”

“I will sire” Orion nodded mounting his Pegasus.

Draco saddled his Pegasus and with a final glance of his father bucked his heels and took off from the ground in a flash of wings

“Good Luck my son” Zasuan said as he watched his son and his guard fly into the distance.

Orion led he out of the stable and once facing down the main street brought himself up to a gallop with Draco and Twfen close behind

“PULL!” Orion commanded

Draco pulled on the reigns and felt his stomach drop as he lifted into the air and rushed over rooftops and with a huge burst of speed flew over the castle walls.

“We make haste for the western mountains north of Skysoar, where we’ll make camp” Orion shouted to Draco who couldn’t help but be surprised as they flew only feet above the giant lake surrounding most of Adendele City.

“We stay low to avoid detection, the queen will most likely have spies, it is best to get as close as we can without detection” Twfen said “remember we were only until recently at war”

Draco nodded

“It isn’t as though she’ll attack by command… but elves having a tendency to shoot first, ask questions later” Orion smiled as they were approaching the other side of the lake “Vansltat!” (Faster!)”

Draco bowed his head closer to the back of the Pegasus as it ripped across the ground at alarming speed. He bowed to keep out of the slipstream.

“Clarense!” Draco heard Orion say and he looked up to glance at him and was slightly surprised to see Orion holding a wand pointed at him, and it was only after that he realized he no long felt the wind rush around him.

“Yes Draco, I know magic…” Orion smiled he voice clearer with the charm in place

The ground continued to move below them at incredible speed.

And it was so for hours when Twfen broke the silence

“Sire we must stop soon.” Twfen said

“Why!” Draco called back

The Pegasus’s were roaring through the sky. Draco was admiring the view of his new land.

“Then lets rest on that mountain top” Draco said pointing downwards”

“Yes sir” the elves chorused

“Look there!” Orion pointed to the south

In the distance Draco could see a large mountain with a giant waterfall running down the Cliffside.

“Is that Skysoar?” Draco asked

“Aye” Twfen replied

To his front a wall of mountains drew closer and as the sun was setting they landed on the top of one of the mountains and Draco cast he glance down the range to the distance where Skysoar was falling under shadow. As the shadow finally crossed over him he cast he glance towards the setting sun and paled.

Just on the horizon there was a storm of epic size and around its base was a tornado like nothing he had ever seen. As the sun passed behind it, it looked like a menacing swirl of blackness with the occasional burst of light as lightning struck around it.

“Why do I have the feeling that’s where we are heading?” Draco said

“Aye, we past pass around it, you see, to the north are the plains of fire which we light elves cannot cross. Between the plains and the storm is a safe narrow strip of land called Death’s Pass… and it is there we will cross” Twfen said

“You better rest, we have some fancy flying to do tomorrow” Orion sighed before falling asleep.

Draco had a much harder time.

           

OoOoO

           

“Are we set to go?” Draco asked Solstice

“The camp is pack and Twfen is preparing the harness as we speak” Orion said

“Good I wish to get off the ground as soon as possible” Draco said leaving out the fact it was because he was feeling a little queasy

It took less than an hour before they arrived at Death’s Pass. Orion slowed to a hover and turned to address Draco.

“Ahead it the storm, no not slow down or stop or you will be sucked in, this area is the land that binds our world and the human world together, as we are connected. The storm protects us from people entering our world. All magic flows through this place and is wild in nature, spell casting is forbidden because the results will be erratic.” Orion explained

“Okay” Draco said

“Let’s go…” Orion said bursting into the event horizon.

Draco only had a moment to glance around but to his left was nothing but a wall of swirling clouds and to his right was nothing but a sea of lava.

‘Oh shit’ Draco thought as they were nearing the edge of the storm and the winds made him hold tightly to his Pegasus as if his life were dependant on it.

“We’re almost through it Draco” Orion called

“That’s nice!” Draco yelled back sarcastically “why do we have to fly so close again?”

“We’re still over the plains of fire see…” Orion pointed down… “It’s only the wind keeping us cool.”

Draco held on tight

“But we don’t want to get too close otherwise we’ll get sucked in” Twfen said

Just at that moment time seemed to slow down for Draco. He glanced to his left into the blackness and saw a lightning strike. In that brief moment of light he saw through the clouds an object. He did not however have time to question it when through the clouds a blast of light struck his Pegasus and he felt himself lurch in speed slowing down only to feel the wind on his face as he suddenly felt the pull towards his left and with strong gust of wind hit Draco causing him to lose his balance at the same time he hit a cloud, instantly sucking him into the storm.

“DRACO!” Orion shouted instantly flying in after him, Twfen following close behind

           

OoOoO

“Oh shit”

Those were Harry’s final words before he saw a cloud as black as night with more lightning then he had ever seen fly right into him and he was almost knocked off his broom form the force. He had seen Ron grab Hermione just before hand. Now he was fighting to keep control.

He urged his broom into the storm through the lighting flashed he tried to remain upright. Suddenly he looked down as saw fire. Panic spread through him as he then glanced around. It was like he was in the eye of a hurricane and there was a wall of clouds surrounding him. Glancing upwards he saw that they rose nearly to infinity into the heavens and all the way to the ground below, he glanced around for Ron and Hermione but did not see them…

‘They must already be through’ he thought

He reached into his pocket and grabbed his wand nearing the clouds that were as black as night.

“Lumos” he muttered hoping to break through the darkness

The result was not as he expected when a blast of light sent he flying backwards as raw magical energy caused a cascade of lightning throughout the air knocking him into the clouds and ripping him from his broom.

Everything seemed to slow down around him as he felt the air rush past his face. He squeezed his eyes shut awaiting the moment of impact but it never came. Opening his eyes he was still in the air only moving very slowly and time seemed to have nearly stopped. Through the blackness he saw some light and trying to grab it he caught something holding it close. He realized was a reflection of something metal and shiny and it was something heavy as he pulled it closer. Looking at his hands he recognized the shape of a body. He clung to it tightly as time seemed to speed back up and the last thing he saw was a tree canopy and then was welcomed into darkness.

 

OoOoO

“MY LORD!” Orion screamed

They had been searching the forest and areas till the next morning going around the storm and no sign of Draco had been found.

“Orion, maybe he… he didn’t make it” Twfen said

Orion grabbed Twfen and slapped him across the face

“Don’t you dare say that, we keep looking.”

“Orion” Solstice said in a gentle voice “he’s gone; we need to go back and inform the king”

“Just five more minutes please” Orion Pleaded “we haven’t check up here yet” he said wiping away the tears.

They fought their way through the trees and were about to head back to the Pegasus’s when sudden

“OVER THERE!” Orion pointed and ran off into the distance

Twfen and Solstice followed until the came upon Orion he had found Draco’s Pegasus, Draco was not with it. Next to the Pegasus were the forms of two unconscious wizards, a male and a female.

“He’s not here” Orion said with his tears forming again. “I though he’d be here”

“Solstice tie those wizards to the Pegasus, we are returning to Adendele” Twfen said

“Come Orion, we need to get home”

 

OoOoO

           

“errugh”

Harry opened his eyes, everything was blurry, he checked to see if he still had his glasses, which he did. Then he noticed he was looking up into trees. Sitting up carefully doing his best to ignore his body’s protests he glanced around. He seemed to be in the middle of a forest but he didn’t know where. Did he make it to the elven realm he wondered. Suddenly he spotted what looked like a pair of feet and he got up and rushed over to them.

Laying face down was a body of a person, turning it over he discovered it was an elf. He checked to see if they were breathing, they were.

“Wake up” Harry shook the elf

“WAKE UP!” Harry said louder, but the elf wouldn’t budge.

Looking at the elf Harry felt something stir inside him, this elf was probably the most beautiful creature he had ever seen and a part of him wanted to bend down and kiss it, but he didn’t know what was making him feel that way.

Deciding to distract himself he checked the elf over and determined he had a few broken ribs and a broken leg. He healed them with his wand the best he could and conjured a stretcher with his wand.

“I don’t know how seriously you’re injured and we can’t stay here.” Harry said to himself. Picking a random direction he headed north into the forest, the elf in tow.

Harry had been walking for over three hours and still hadn’t figured out where he was going. There were no trails or marking of any kind to go off of. He was lost.

“I could be heading into nowhere and I wouldn’t know.” He said to himself

“You’re not very talkative” he said to the elf

“These trees just keep getting bigger” he muttered

“HERMIONE!” Harry called

“RON!” no answer

“This is hopeless!”

“Could you please stop shouting, you’re hurting my ears” a voice said

Harry spun around at the new voice but there was nobody in sight.

“Humans, what are YOU doing in our forest?” the voice asked

“I’m looking for my friends; we came here looking for signs of Voldemort”

“I do not know this Voldemort, but what is this elf you are carrying?” The voice asked

“Where are you?” Harry asked

“Right in front of you silly”

Harry looked in front of him and only saw forest suddenly he saw a faint outline and the forest in front of him swam into a hazy blur and also realized he was looking into a pair of very yellow eyes. Backing up a step Harry realized he was looking at a much camouflaged elf wearing green battle armor and holding two daggers.

“I found this elf and I decided I couldn’t leave him, so I brought him with me.”

“Put him down and I will check him over.”

Harry complied and lowered the stretcher he watched the elf rush over and pour a potion down the elf’s throat. He looked him over and unbuttoned his shirt. The elf gasped as he saw the signet plate

“What’s the matter?”

“Conjure that stretcher wizard and follow me”

Harry did as he was told and followed the elf through the forest a short time before he found himself in what appeared to be an elven town, it was sparkling in fairy lights and half was settled in the trees and half were on the ground. There were many elves running about and almost all of them stopped to stare at him as he entered the town.

The elf started going up into the trees up elaborate ramps and platforms which Harry carefully followed and soon he found himself up into the canopy of trees.

Breaking through the canopy he gasped at the sight before him, what looked like a whole city had be carved and grown into the treetops. They were headed for a tree that stood over all the others.

Reaching the main tree some guards parted for them and they went inside this huge tree. Reaching the center Harry found himself in what appeared to be a throne room. Sitting on two elaborately carved chairs were two elves a male and a female who looked down on him in puzzlement

“BOW!” the guard who brought him in hit him behind the knees and in surprise Harry fell forward

“Your majesties I found this wizard heading into our realm, with him he had this Elf in tow. This elf bears the royal signet and clasp of the Phoenix.

The king hastily stood and rushed to the elf on the stretcher. He put his hands to his face and then placed a hand over the elf’s heart. A warm blue light emanated from his hands and suddenly the fallen elf opened his eyes and gasped

“Where am I? He asked

“You are in Treeknot, in the northern forest, you are safe now”

“How did I get here?”

“A human wizard carried you here.”

“Who?”

“Human” the elf king addressed “what is your name?”

“Harry Potter”

“Harry Potter?” Draco asked as his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he passed out.

           

OoOoO

 

Draco opened his eyes and found himself in what appeared to be an infirmary. He sat up and discovered he wasn’t alone.

“I’m glad you’re awake, how are you feeling”

“I feel fine, just a little tired, who are you?”

“I’m Lord Rivven of Treeknot, you are in my castle. A human wizard brought you in and you have slept until this point. What do you remember?” the elf asked

“My guard and I were on our way to Slythersend and we got caught on the edge of the storm, I fell off my Pegasus and the next thing I remember is waking up a short while ago then waking up here.”

“Good, we were worried about you, it seems the human healed the majority of your wounds, we have been detaining him. We received word from your father that the humans attacked your city and was holding a summon. That is why we are holding the human that brought you in.”

“Who was this human?” Draco asked

“He calls himself Harry Potter”

“You say Harry Potter brought me here?”

“Yes”

“I wish to see him at once”

“Very well”

With a snap of the king’s fingers a couple guards left the ward and in a few short moments came back with a bound Harry Potter in tow.

Harry looked a little frightened and something inside Draco’s chest gave him a shudder as the guards forced him into a seat and then stood behind him.

“I am Lord Rivven and this is Lord Zasuan Phoenix High King of Adendele’s son. Please explain to me how and why you have entered Adendele.”

Harry looked at Lord Rivven and at the elf sitting on the bed. The elf on the bed was giving him a weird look, was it pity?”

“I err… umm... me and a couple of my friends flew through a storm and while we were flying through it something hit me and I fell into the forest. I think it was that elf there.”

“That explains how you entered our realm, few elves know of the storms true purpose, so how a few wizards gained this knowledge has caught my interest”

“A man named Serverus Snape told me, he is a spy for Lord Voldemort… he learned of a plan of Lord Voldemort to enter Adendele and create a civil war. My friends and I came to see if we could stop him.”

“You are a few days too late.” Harry turned his head to see the elf on the bed speak “Adendele City herself was attacked a few days ago by death eaters and dark elves. My father has already signed the declaration of war and in a few days will hold a summon with the other elven nations to make it happen.”

“Then you must warn the dark elves, they might not even know.”

“That Harry; was exactly what I was doing before I fell into the storm and you saved me and brought me here.”

“Oh”

“Release him at once” Draco said

Rivven nodded to the guards who released him and then walked out the doors. Draco carefully sat up and turned his legs over the side of the bed. He then put his legs down and shakily stood up. He accepted a hand from Rivven who under one arm supported him and carried him to stand in front of Harry.

“In the elven realm like the wizarding realm we have life debts that are taken very seriously. You saved my life and I wish to thank you.”

Harry watched the young Prince force his way to him and when he spoke his voice seemed intoxicating. He was beautiful, his face was like that of a god and his eyes were the lightest of blue. When he moved it was like the world moved for him. Suddenly he realized the elf was giving him his hand. He reached out to take it. He felt his hands tingle as they shook and he looked up into those light Blue eyes and time seemed to stop completely.

Draco realized he should have felt go by now but he didn’t want to let go of Harry’s hand. It was something about his emerald green eyes that wouldn’t let him go. Suddenly Draco heard a cough and released Harry and looked at Lord Rivven who was giving him an odd look.

“Sorry err…” Harry muttered

“My Lord” Rivven addressed Draco “I have to leave for Adendele at once, do you wish to come with me?”

“No” Draco replied

“Then what do you wish to do?”

“I wish to continue on to meet with the Lord of Slythersend” Draco replied

“Very Well, would you like me to inform your father of your condition?”

“Yes, please tell him I am alright.” Draco said

“It will be done my lord”

“Thank you Lord Rivven”

“Your welcome High Prince” Lord Rivven left the hospital chambers leaving Draco and Harry alone.

Harry shifted uncomfortably in the presence of the prince and Draco shifted uncomfortably in front of Harry.

“Who did you come into Adendele with?” Draco asked

“With my friends Ronald Weasley, and Hermione Granger”

“They are wizards also?” Draco asked figuring he’d play dumb

“Yes”

“I see, there is a good chance that my guard picked them up and brought them to Adendele Castle, I am sure they are alright. If you want I can see if Lord Rivven will take you with him, he is heading there soon.”

“ummm… Harry said uncomfortably… I was wondering if I could go with you.”

“Why do you want to go with me?” Draco asked surprised

“Because I want to find out if the dark elves are involved with Voldemort, which is why I came here… to see what Voldemort was planning.”

“So if I let you go with me, you will use the information to fight the Dark Lord?”

“I thought only Death Eaters addressed him as ‘The Dark Lord’?”

“When the Death Eaters attacked Adendele Castle Town I killed a few of them they had addressed him as such.”

“Oh… if you don’t mind me asking… who did you kill?”

“A man named Avery and a woman with long black hair and a guard killed the man with her.”

“Did you see a boy with long blonde hair with them?” Harry asked

“No”

“Okay”

“Who is this boy you are looking for?”

“His name is Draco Malfoy; a friend was looking for him.” Harry said

“Who is this Draco?” Draco asked getting nervous

“An old Schoolmate my age, he disappeared some time ago.”

“Well I am sure he’ll turn up”

“Whatever you say”

Draco held out his hand to Harry to offer him to stand up.

“What?” Harry asked confused

“We’re leaving; we have some Dark Elves to find”

“But you were just thrown out of the sky, and had several bones broken”

“Elves have resilient healing powers” Draco smiled “I’ll heal on the way”

With that Harry took Draco’s hand and stood up. The walked the length of the ward and down the hall and were soon out of the castle. Upon speaking to a guard they discovered that Lord Rivven had left them a couple of horses which they saddled up and Rode north through the town gates.

“By the way” Harry said to Draco “I never caught your name”

“You can call me Phoenix” Draco said

Inwardly Harry smiled ‘I like that name’ he thought as they rode off into the forest.

© 1997-2022 J.K. Rowling, Bloomsbury Publishing, Scholastic Press; All Rights Reserved; cailenauthor 2011
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction that combine worlds created by the original content owner with names, places, characters, events, and incidents that are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously, and any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, organizations, companies, events or locales are entirely coincidental.
Authors are responsible for properly crediting Original Content creator for their creative works.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Recognized characters, events, incidents belong to J.K. Rowling, Warner Bro / Discovery, WB Games and subsidiaries. <br>   <br>
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wonder how long it will be before Draco comes clean with Harry. Better not leave it to long Harry isn't one for deception lol.

  • Love 1
Link to comment

I like that Draco used his family name with Harry. It seems appropriate considering that Draco has in effect been reborn as an elf.  It also represents the rebirth of his soul and his power of healing. 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..