Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

American Steel - 4. Brotherhood

Brotherhood

 

 

The sun feels good beating on my shoulders while the wind keeps us cool as we cruise up US Highway 27 headed to Orlando. The radio’s off; the unmistakable sound of the Harley-Davidson exhaust my soundtrack.

Riding without a shirt or helmet might not be considered smart by some people but fuck ’em if they can’t take a joke. I’m an exhibitionist at heart plus I know I look good half-naked. And a brain bucket dulls my enjoyment of what the biker experience should be: freedom. As far as I’m concerned, when it comes to governmental intrusion, the old line about letting riders decide should be the law of the land.

I stayed in Wilton Manors two extra days as I’d promised the kid. His blood work proved negative for any STDs as I’d sworn it would be and he was elated with the results. So much so, he wanted a repeat performance of Friday night, offering to let me bareback him now he knew I was safe. I declined. Don’t want him to get any ideas. As I’ve said before, sometimes a fuck’s just a fuck and that’s all he’s to me. Cute kid with a great hole but I don’t want any kind of relationship. And I’ll keep my promise: Next time I ride through I’ll stop in and see him, take him to repeat the tests, and then it’s adios.

There’s nothing like cruising with your legs wrapped around a big hunk of American steel. Preferably something designed in Milwaukee, although a couple of older Indians could also give me a boner. I glance in the rear view mirror to check on my buddy, he agreed to come spend a day or two at Parliament House with me. He’s a bike’s length behind and to my right. I smile at his looks reflected on the silver-backed sliver of glass. Also shirtless and without a helmet, the guy’s a stud. Not as ripped as myself now I’ve gone back to the gym with a vengeance, but still looking good.

We get stares and smiles―men and women―as our bikes eat up the blacktop. A hunky motorcycle cop waves as he rides in the opposite direction. Damn, he looks hot. His Wesco’s identical to mine, wish I could see him in nothing but those boots. A trucker pulling a flat-bed with a replica of the Statue of Liberty on the back gives us a couple of blasts; sounds like a fog horn on a ship. I wonder what park in Mouse Town that sucker’s headed to. A lady driving a minivan with a large pink ribbon decal on the back rolls down the window when we stop at a red light. The back’s full of kids but she still winks at us. The twink riding a moped thinks he can keep up with us until we shake our heads and pull away with the roar of thunder following us. We’re like a pair of kids with a Halloween bag of candy. So many damn choices it’s hard to pick a flavor.

But this trip ain’t about getting laid. We can both do that any time we want. This is about friendship. About a pair of buds hitting the road and enjoying the wind in our hair. It’s about keeping the rubber down and the chrome up. About male bonding and not being surrounded by metal and glass. Fuck cages! Give me two wheels and a road with a few twisties and it’s better than an orgasm. Well, maybe not better, but close enough.

“You go on ahead and get me a beer, I’ll be right out.” We checked into our room―two double beds so if either one of us brought a trick back it wouldn’t be a problem―drove the bikes around back, and threw our luggage on the beds. “Wanna wash the road grime off my face and arms.” You might not realize it, but after a day riding half naked, your body’s coated with soot and pollution. I’ll shower later on but I need to get the gunk off my face now.

I walk outside to find my friend sitting under an umbrella by the pool; a sweating bottle of Corona with a lime stuck in the neck in front of him. Its twin by the empty chair next to him waiting for me. Stretching my legs out, I push the line in, cap the opening with my thumb, and turn it upside down. The first sip wets my tongue, the second one’s larger and coats my mouth and throat in slightly bitter coldness which elicits a sigh of pleasure.

“Hey, guys. Gonna take a wild stab here and guess those are your motorbikes parked out back?”

The accented, baritone greeting makes me look up. I lift my sunglasses, squinting against the Florida sun, to get a clearer view at the god standing before me. S T U D, stud! He looks ten or fifteen years younger than us but could otherwise be our sibling. His head and face are covered in dark hair and his chest’s thick fur’s just as dark. No shirt, tight Levi’s, and black leather stompers are all he wears.

“They sure are. And by the way you look, the guess’ you ride too. Pull up a chair. Want a beer? My treat.”

“Oh, man, that would hit the spot. Ernesto,” he says extending his hand. “I just pulled in, left the husband at home waiting for his mother to get there to watch over the kids. So I’m alone until he gets here.”

“Great, but you ain’t alone anymore.” I signal the server with my bottle and raise three fingers. “So what do you ride?”

“Yamaha FJR 1300, it’s parked next to your two now.”

“A rice burner. Damn, I’m disappointed. Didn’t take you for the type.” My smirk should take out the sting of the words.

“Fuck you, Daddy!” The laughter tells me he knows I’m giving him shit for the hell of it. It’s what we do.

“If you weren’t married I might enjoy that. But I don’t do the cheating thing.”

“Good to hear that, hubby’s kinda jealous anyway.” His chuckling’s like music to my ears; his husband’s a lucky fucker. “We’re looking forward to a night away from the kids after all the time we’ve been putting in at work. I hope to be walking funny an hour after he gets here.”

Typical biker, we just met and he’s already talking to us as if we’ve known each other for ages. By the time his phone chirps and he excuses himself to go meet his other half, we’ve downed a couple more brews. We traded life stories, recounted riding experiences, debated the merits of different bikes, and exchanged personal information. We make plans to have dinner together at one of the Vietnamese joints on Route 50. He wants to get fucked and shower. My bud and I just want another beer, a good scrubbing, and a long rinse.

Funny how a bunch of metal on two wheels can bring people together. A new day, a new town, a new friend. A new brother.

©Copyright 2016 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

Welcome to the discussion thread for CJ’s series. All things CJ are fair game, I simply ask you be respectful of others. I will actively participate in the discussion. Ask questions, speculate about what’s coming, or bitch about what happened. We’re now open for business!    
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Only been on a bike twice in my life when I was much younger. Never drove one. Have been on a road trip or two. You made the whole day sound pretty enjoyable. Your writing puts me in the moment, and I get the vicarious pleasure of a bike trip. Thanks. Jeff

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2016 11:19 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice C. And I've learned I could not handle bikers! Thanks for the lesson!

What? You can handle a cop but not a biker? We ain't bad, bud. Some are a little nut so but most of us are just easy going fun men.

 

Thanks for reading and the comments!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2016 12:59 PM, IBEX said:

Good boy! You are trying! It's not so hard, right? You'll see the light one day! :worship:

Thank you, sir. I'm assuming the praise was for Ernesto's scooter. I thought the bike would fit a mid 30's Spaniard. Interested in a little consulting? I might want to bounce off possible matches between future characters and their rides.

 

Thanks!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2016 01:42 PM, JeffreyL said:

Only been on a bike twice in my life when I was much younger. Never drove one. Have been on a road trip or two. You made the whole day sound pretty enjoyable. Your writing puts me in the moment, and I get the vicarious pleasure of a bike trip. Thanks. Jeff

If I could give you a small glimpse of the experience, I accomplished my goal. Motorcycles aren't for everyone, but to those of us who enjoy riding, there's no better feeling.

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Really fun to read. I liked the grown up point of view. That`s refreshing in its easiness. Could see the sun, feel the wind - a very vivid description. Looking out the window at the November day in Berlin, longing for summer.
Lyssa

  • Like 1
Link to comment

sorry oom, but sign me up for club Rice Burner. I'm a Honda/Kawasaki kid, though I can be persuaded by a Ducati too.
I liked that chapter, a little bit sweet, very slick, a touch sexy, a bit rough. Just about perfect for a thousand words and change xxx

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/22/2016 06:00 PM, Lyssa said:

Really fun to read. I liked the grown up point of view. That`s refreshing in its easiness. Could see the sun, feel the wind - a very vivid description. Looking out the window at the November day in Berlin, longing for summer.

Lyssa

Thanks, Lyssa. I have a few more chapters coming in the near future which should evoke sunlight and warmth. Maybe they will make a cold Berlin winter easier to bear.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 02:48 AM, Parker Owens said:

Now you make me jealous of the easy confidence and cameraderie of the bikers and the road. Great writing.

It really is like that Parker. I met a guy from Australia having lunch at the Harley Musum a couple of years ago. After a half hour talking, he was ready to ride with me to Chicago that afternoon and thought it would be fun to follow me to Nashville afterwards. I had plans with someone in Chicago so had to ditch the Aussie. Kinda cute but never got around to finding out if he was gay.

 

A shared passion can bring people together fast.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 04:55 AM, Sasha Distan said:

sorry oom, but sign me up for club Rice Burner. I'm a Honda/Kawasaki kid, though I can be persuaded by a Ducati too.

I liked that chapter, a little bit sweet, very slick, a touch sexy, a bit rough. Just about perfect for a thousand words and change xxx

Hey, we need all types.

 

If you were able to get all that from the little story I'm happy. Next one may be a bit more serious and tense, but I want to cram as much detail and feeling into as few words as possible. Some chapters will be sexy, some dramatic, some pastoral. I want to spread the experiences all over the place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I'm into old British cars, and there is a similar comradery among the owners. Very few are gay though!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 06:10 AM, Timothy M. said:

The cop on the bike and the quick fantasy he created certainly made my day. :P

A quick wave or hand gesture's a common greeting whe bikers cross each other.

 

A vivid imagination is not only good for writing fiction but also for visual stimulation following a small glimpse.

 

A burly man in nothing but 16" Engineer Wesco boots is a boner inducing sight. :D

 

Thanks for reading and reviewing, Tim!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 07:09 AM, jagboi said:

I'm into old British cars, and there is a similar comradery among the owners. Very few are gay though!

Thanks, jagboy. Cool name.

 

It might be where I live, but we have a gay group of riders I belong to and there are similar groups in most major metropolitan areas. But even with straight bikers, I've always found welcoming acceptance even when it was known I was gay. The rainbow pin on my vest or the rainbow flag patch on another once are good clues as to my orientation. lol

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 11/23/2016 11:17 AM, Bucket1 said:

Not sure which is better, your chapter or the confessions and your responses in the reviews :)

It's all about conveying the riding experience bud. If the flash chapters lead yto further discussion, I'm in!

 

Thanks, Buck!

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Funny how reading about a bunch of metal on two wheels almost made this girl feel like she could fit right in...(she would not)
Great writing Carlos..

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 11/29/2016 02:14 PM, Defiance19 said:

Funny how reading about a bunch of metal on two wheels almost made this girl feel like she could fit right in...(she would not)

Great writing Carlos..

Hell yeah, you would. I can see you wearing leather and hanging on while we cruise around. LOL

 

Thanks, Def.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Sounds about right, only it's Italian steel and the roads are probably a little more turned and twisted. Nice.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 12/07/2016 06:22 AM, aditus said:

Sounds about right, only it's Italian steel and the roads are probably a little more turned and twisted. Nice.

You've already read the next one so you know I have japanese steel in this one and German in the next one. I'm sure a Vespa or a Ducati will show up at some point.

 

Florida's a great place to live but as far as twisties we have to head up to a place like North Carolina where the hills on the western part of the state lead to some great roads.

 

Thanks, Adi!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..