Jump to content

Singer 1. The Squad + Boomers, Gen Xers, & Millenials

   (7 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

Chipper Pereira, a senior at the University of Miami's Frost School of Music, has the opportunity to audition for a national talent show. Follow along as he interacts with celebrities and fellow contestants and discovers the music business has good and bad experiences.

div>

This is a work of fiction set in the real world.
Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

Any other resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

Copyright © 2019 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (12 members)

  • Action Packed 3
  • Addictive/Pacing 10
  • Characters 11
  • Chills 3
  • Cliffhanger 10
  • Compelling 4
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 3
  • Unique 9
  • World Building 4

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

tabaqui

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

If you are used to long chapters from Carlos his other story's this will be something different on all accounts.

Carlos has really stripped his story to the bare bones and still you have every detail you would want to know about something he write's about. You can clearly see that he made it a challenge to get of the usual path and it really worked!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Jkeeletupelo

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I'll admit to being biased, because I simply love everything I've read from Carlos. But, that aside, I really, truly liked this story. It's fun, light hearted, slightly (cough) sarcastic, and provides us with an in depth look at a character that I've really liked before. Thank you, Carlos, and I look forward to whatever is next!

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
dmattis

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Great ending. As with the real show, they're all winners by the finale.  Should have gone 5 stars, but withheld one to encourage the return to longer, in-depth chapters. You're one of the few writers who are extremely gifted in story telling, and one of the few who let the characters and story live in a normal, "sexuality-be-damned", fashion. 

Looking forward to Ranger, no matter which way you present it. Thanks for sharing your great work. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
Gary L

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I really think this works out well.  It shows that the author can not only do mega-sagas but also a stand alone shorter piece which srill has depth.  

Many congratulations!

  • Love 3
Link to review
Fae Briona

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Great story (with shorter chapters than his normal writing style) following one of the members of the Squad as he peruses his music on The Voice.  Only reason it doesn't get 5-stars is the ending, which is abrupt and dissatisfying.

  • Love 3
  • Haha 2
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is a spin off story about a member of CJ’s squad.

We follow Chipper, who is at Miami University school of music as he is convinced to enter the latest season of The Voice by his Music Professor.

What follows is Chippers truly wonderful journey through auditions, all the way through to the finals. Along the way he has some fantastic adventures, meets some memorable people. A few familiar faces pop-up.

Carlos uses some truly wonderful music throughout the story for Chipper’s performance’s, even having a song especially written for him.

This is a fantastic story that I would recommend reading.

  • Love 3
Link to review
Albert1434

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

A powerfully written story with that flavor that can only in found in Carlos's stories. With a great storyline so colorful and well written which makes for a great read! Perfect dialogue which I love. And I think if you read this story you will love it just as I do!

 

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..