Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 999 Words
  • 3,429 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Buy One, Get Two and Three... - 22. Chapter 22

Daniel

Daniel rolled his eyes. “Master Carlos is with me, Tobe.” He led Carlos back down the stairs as he spoke.

Toby glared at Carlos and Daniel tensed. “What is he doing here? He’s only supposed to see you at the club, not turn up at our home.”

“He didn’t turn up here. I ran into him at my appointment and he brought me home.” Daniel hoped Toby would leave off.

But, apparently that was wishful thinking. “Your appointment was two hours ago. Why is he still here?”

Now Daniel was starting to get annoyed. Between Anna trying to chase Carlos off and now Toby insinuating things, Daniel had had enough.

“I asked him to stay for lunch. I then offered to show him some of my art work. do you have any other questions or can we go now?”

“Daniel, this is our home. We agreed not invite strangers into it. You don’t know who we can trust, what if he is like—”

Daniel slapped his brother hard to stop his talking. He wasn’t going to think about that man now—or ever again, if he had anything to say about it. But, who was he kidding, Toby had said enough to have the memories surfacing. And that made Daniel livid.

“How dare you. How dare you bring him up now. You know I had an appointment with Anna today. Don’t you think that one hour of going over the past and trying to deal with it is enough? But, no, you had to bring it up again—now.

“What right have you to try and imply Carlos is anything like Harold or Kevin? Silas and I were the ones who lived with them. We were the ones they beat and raped. We were the ones they trained and humiliated. We’re the ones who have been in therapy for over a year. We’re the ones who haven’t had any sort of relationship or intimacy for over a year.

“So, tell me brother. Who are you to tell me who I can and can’t invite into my own home?”

All at once the anger left him and Daniel realized what he’d said. Oh, God, what had he done? What would his Master think of him now? Why did Toby have to bring this up?

“I’ve got to go.” With those words Daniel ran for the stairs, ignoring Carlos and Toby calling after him to stop.

Toby

Toby watched his brother vanish and swallowed before turning to face Carlos. Attempting to keep his arrogant front up he glared at the other man. “What are you still doing here? Haven’t you got some sub to beat somewhere.”

He winced at the withering look Carlos gave him. Even Toby knew that was uncalled for. But, he’d had a bad day and all he’d wanted was to come home and spend some time with Daniel to make sure his brother was okay after his appointment. Instead he finds a Master in his home, and worse, that Master is going up the stairs with his brother. He panicked so sue him. Now, he needed to get this guy out of their home and go grovel to Daniel.

“I’ll leave,” Carlos’ voice interrupted Toby's circling thoughts. “But, only because I think it is best for Daniel that I do. Tell him I will expect him at our usual time on Friday evening.”

When the door had closed behind the angry Dom Toby drew a breath.

Thinking he was going to need backup, he pulled out his cell phone and hit the speed dial.

****

Silas

Silas was laughing at something Tom had said, while trying to not glance at the time and wondering how soon he could make his excuses and leave. He’d been working quietly in the library when five of his colleagues had turned up and decided he needed a break.

They were always trying to bring him out of his shell. Apparently he needed to put his books down and live a little.

He nearly sang the hallelujah chorus when his phone vibrated on the desk flashing Toby's picture.

“Sorry, guys,” he said scooping up the phone and his bag then answering the phone with a terse, “Hang on,” and heading out the library entrance.

Finding a bench to put his stuff on, he sat and spoke again. “Hey bro, thanks, you just got me away from Tom and his group. I swear those guys will never grow up. Penny for your thoughts.” The saying had been a favorite of their British mother and Silas loved to keep her memory alive by using it.

Toby's voice was subdued. “I think I fucked up and I need you to come home and help me calm Daniel down.”

“What did you do this time?” Silas demanded as he gathered his bag up and started heading for the parking lot. “He had an appointment with Anna today, didn’t he? You were meant to be picking him up and making sure he ate and rested after. You know how badly those appointments can hit him.”

“I know, I know,” Toby said, and Silas would almost swear his brother’s voice was cracking. “But, I got caught up at work, he was meant to get a cab home. Instead I come home to find Carlos here with him, and they were half way up the stairs. I may have gone off at both of them, and then I sort of…kind of…maybe made a reference to Carlos maybe being like…well...you know who.”

“You did what?” Silas couldn’t help the yell, he was furious. How could Toby bring up that bastard to Daniel, in front of a stranger, on the same day as he had just had an appointment with someone who had most likely got him to talk about those things already? “When I get home you are due a kick up the ass. Now, let me drive and I’ll be home soon as possible.”

Prompt Used:
A picture of a UK Penny
Copyright © 2017 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Hmm, I think Toby may have earned himself a spanking. That was a very bad move on his part - several bad moves in fact. He should have known Daniel would never have offered to show Carlos his art or invited him in for lunch, if he wasn't at ease.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

You know, despite the fact that Toby royally screwed up, I think it did Daniel good. He might never have unleashed on his brother otherwise. That needed to happen, so they would stop treating him and Silas too, as if they were still broken. If therapy is helping, Toby should have trusted Daniel to make that choice with Carlos. I understand his instinctual reaction to protect his brother, but it's time to let him grow..
Now, will that hinder the progress Calos and Daniel have made toward each other? Time or Caz will tell I guess..

 

Great chapter from that prompt Caz...

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Being all protective and in cop mode can make you do less than thought through things... Toby will have ot grovel and grovel deeply, but I think Daniel will realize it came from worry. Not that it's an excuse, but an explanation. They can perhaps understand each other better now. Things come out into the open.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh dear ... the dam burst but there was stuff in there that needed to be let out. It can be fixed. Sounds like these brothers still need to learn about each other a bit. I think they will... nice chapter Cazzie.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 06/30/2016 03:37 AM, Timothy M. said:

Hmm, I think Toby may have earned himself a spanking. That was a very bad move on his part - several bad moves in fact. He should have known Daniel would never have offered to show Carlos his art or invited him in for lunch, if he wasn't at ease.

I think Toby was just reacting, he wasn't thinking. As far he is concerned, his brothers are his responsibility. I don't think he wants to share :)

 

Thanks for the review

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 06/30/2016 04:40 AM, Defiance19 said:

You know, despite the fact that Toby royally screwed up, I think it did Daniel good. He might never have unleashed on his brother otherwise. That needed to happen, so they would stop treating him and Silas too, as if they were still broken. If therapy is helping, Toby should have trusted Daniel to make that choice with Carlos. I understand his instinctual reaction to protect his brother, but it's time to let him grow..

Now, will that hinder the progress Calos and Daniel have made toward each other? Time or Caz will tell I guess..

 

Great chapter from that prompt Caz...

Yes, I agree that Toby needs to remember that his brothers are the same age as him and not younger. The need to protect the ones you love can be strong, but, knowing when to back off can be hard.

 

Thanks for the comments and as for Carlos and Daniel? All shall be revealed :)

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 06/30/2016 06:03 AM, Puppilull said:

Being all protective and in cop mode can make you do less than thought through things... Toby will have ot grovel and grovel deeply, but I think Daniel will realize it came from worry. Not that it's an excuse, but an explanation. They can perhaps understand each other better now. Things come out into the open.

Oh yes, I'm still thinking about how Toby will grovel. Daniel can be too forgiving once he calms down, but, Silas may have something to say ;)

 

Thanks for the reviews

 

:hug:

Link to comment
On 06/30/2016 06:30 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Oh dear ... the dam burst but there was stuff in there that needed to be let out. It can be fixed. Sounds like these brothers still need to learn about each other a bit. I think they will... nice chapter Cazzie.

Even close family never knows everything about each other. There are always new things to learn. As the song says 'The only way is up' ;)

 

Thanks for the comments

 

:hug:

Link to comment

Toby, Toby, Toby. Daniel needs to learn to trust most of all. You really put your foot in it. Hopefully it will make Daniel stronger in the end... cheers... Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 07/14/2016 05:31 AM, Headstall said:

Toby, Toby, Toby. Daniel needs to learn to trust most of all. You really put your foot in it. Hopefully it will make Daniel stronger in the end... cheers... Gary

Toby needs to think before he speaks, but his comment, however ill worded, was also coming from a place of caring.

 

I'm sure he'll be forgiven eventually.

 

Thanks for the reviews

 

:hug:

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Wow, poor Daniel. I like the way that Silas comes to his rescue here and gives his brother a bit o a talking to on the phone. 999 words in this chapter, that's pretty cool.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, Dodger said:

Wow, poor Daniel. I like the way that Silas comes to his rescue here and gives his brother a bit o a talking to on the phone. 999 words in this chapter, that's pretty cool.

 

The brothers all love each other, but I think sometimes they react without thinking. I'm sure Silas will make sure Toby gets a good telling off when they've calmed Daniel down. 

 

I think I actually remember writing this chapter. It was originally over the word count and I had to keep cropping sentences untill I got it down enough. 

 

Thanks for the comments :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..