Jump to content
    Caz Pedroso
  • Author
  • 910 Words
  • 4,626 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Let me in - 1. Chapter 1

Louis ran into the clinic locker rooms and quickly starting stripping. He couldn’t believe he had slept through his alarm. He knew he hadn’t been sleeping properly but he hadn’t realized just how tired he had become.

Pulling on his uniform he hurried out the door and headed for the staff room. He arrived with barely moments to spare and slipped into his seat.

Senior nurse Dora was taking the staff briefing and she glanced his way before addressing the entire group.

“Now we're all here we can begin. We currently have four patients in the clinic. Two vampires, one witch and one psychic. The two vampires are Jules and Frances, they got in a fight - with each other - and have been given blood via IV. They are just resting and should be sent home before sunrise. The witch is Hetty, she had a spell go wrong on her and is recovering in an isolation room, please trust me and put a face mask on before you go into the room. Lastly I'm sure you've all heard about our psychic visitors. One of them, Craig, had multiple broken bones and is recovering in room 103. He has physical therapy to complete and may need help if his friends aren’t around. If there's no questions let’s get going.”

Everyone started to shuffle towards the door to start their duties.

Louis trailed everyone out, he had hoped that the psychic would have been released by now. Craig seemed to take great delight in teasing anyone who got near enough to him. But the worst thing about treating Craig was one of his friends, Cade. The man had decided he wanted to get to know how the clinic ran and he had nominated Louis for the job. So far, Louis had managed to avoid the man but he knew he couldn’t do that forever. He didn’t know what it was but the man set him on edge. He didn’t know whether it was because he was a psychic or whether Louis was just used to staying in the back ground. But whatever the reason Louis just wanted to be left alone.

***

Sitting himself down at a computer station, Louis started to go over his reports from the previous night and check them against the daytime reports. He saw that two out of his four patients had been discharged. Another had been transferred to a halfway house so she could be taken care of till she was fully back on her feet. The last of course was Craig. He knew he had put it off as long as possible and so got up to head for room 103.

***

Craig was sitting up in bed alone when Louis entered, making him breathe a sigh of relief.

“Hi, Louis, my man. How’s my favorite pretty nurse?” Craig called out when he spotted the little nurse.

Louis shook his head and started to take Craig’s vitals. When he’d finished he handed Craig the sheet of paper that laid out what exercises he had to do.

Craig rolled his eyes and laid down on the bed. Louis sat at his feet and when Craig raised his foot, Louis took hold of it and held it while Craig pushed against him.

At Louis’ signal Craig changed legs and when he was finished all the exercises, they both had fine layer of sweat covering them.

As Louis was rising from the bed the door opened to admit two people. One was Jaydon, Craig’s boyfriend. Louis still blushed when he remembered the first time he entered the room to find them in bed together.

“Hey babe,” Jaydon said as he kissed Craig’s cheek, wrinkling his nose at the sweat, “Let’s get you in the shower.”

While Jaydon was occupied trying to get Craig out the bed, Louis tried to slip out the door. Unfortunately the other person that had entered was Cade.

“Well, hello there beautiful. When are you going to take me on that tour of the clinic?” Cade leaned against the door blocking Louis’ escape.

Louis just shook his head refusing to meet Cade’s gaze and glanced pointedly at his watch. “Just let him go, Cade. He has a job to do.” Craig called out to the hulking man.

Cade huffed but moved and Louis hurried out before he could stop him again. As the door shut he heard Jaydon telling Cade off for ‘bothering the pretty little nurse’.

Louis laughed silently to himself. No one had ever called him beautiful of pretty, but he didn’t take the men’s words to heart. They talked like that to everyone.

Checking his watch for real this time he hurried down the hallway to get on with his next task of the night.

***

Back in room 101 Cade was frustrated. He wanted to get to know the little nurse, he pictured the little black haired man.

Louis was about a half a foot shorter than Cade was, he had short black hair and a swimmer slim build. He also had a lip ring through his bottom lip that Cade wanted to nibble on as he kissed him senseless.

Shaking his head he focus back on the room and moved to straighten up the bed while his friends showered.

He would find a way to get close to Louis, he had to, now more than ever.

Oh well, he thought to himself, tomorrow is another day.

Copyright © 2015 Caz Pedroso; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Aww Louis is so shy. I don't recall if it mentioned why in Buried Treasure? He also clearly doesn't believe that Cade could be seriously interested in him or that anyone could find him attractive. I look forward to reading more about what makes him tick and watch Cade win him over.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Yay!! New story. I just love the characters on Unison Island. So why does Cade "have to" be with Louis? I don't remember what either of them are...witch or vampire? Can't wait for more. Thanks for the chapter.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I really love these stories! Shy Louis is soooo cute? Is he naturally shy or did something happen to him to make him that way? Why does Cade "need" to get to know him? The only thing I have trouble with in these stories is how many people have names that start with "C", it's probably not as many people as I think there are, but it's still kind of confusing. Especially when they are talking.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 02/01/2015 06:04 PM, Timothy M. said:
I'm guessing Loius is a witch, since if he was a vampire he'd know whether Cade was his mate or not.
My lips are sealed. :)

 

You'll just have to keep reading :read: hehehe

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/01/2015 02:39 PM, LadyDe said:
Yay!! New story. I just love the characters on Unison Island. So why does Cade "have to" be with Louis? I don't remember what either of them are...witch or vampire? Can't wait for more. Thanks for the chapter.
Thanks for the review. Cade and Louis are from Buried Treasure but were never properly introduced. Hope you enjoy the rest of the story.
  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/02/2015 11:43 AM, Chezakeeba said:
I really love these stories! Shy Louis is soooo cute? Is he naturally shy or did something happen to him to make him that way? Why does Cade "need" to get to know him? The only thing I have trouble with in these stories is how many people have names that start with "C", it's probably not as many people as I think there are, but it's still kind of confusing. Especially when they are talking.
I am so glad you like my stories.

 

All will be explained about Cade and as for the names, I am so bad at thinking them up that I tend to keep to names of friends or ones I have seen on TV recently. I promise to try harder lol. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 02/01/2015 12:25 PM, LitLover said:
Aww Louis is so shy. I don't recall if it mentioned why in Buried Treasure? He also clearly doesn't believe that Cade could be seriously interested in him or that anyone could find him attractive. I look forward to reading more about what makes him tick and watch Cade win him over.
Cade is stubborn and well we'll see....

 

Hope you enjoy the rest of the story. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I have held off on reading this story, because of the short chapters. I've read a few of the Wednesday night briefs... and got frustrated, but you are far enough ahead now... loved the beginning. Louis seems adorable, and Cade seems to know what he wants... onwards... cheers... Gary

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 08/05/2015 04:19 AM, Headstall said:

I have held off on reading this story, because of the short chapters. I've read a few of the Wednesday night briefs... and got frustrated, but you are far enough ahead now... loved the beginning. Louis seems adorable, and Cade seems to know what he wants... onwards... cheers... Gary

Welcome to the story. Hope you enjoy it. I'm tryin to post each week, but, as always life interferes sometimes. Have fun...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..